Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-09-2024, 12:58 AM  
MVP

Would you trade up for Thomas Jr?

Ok, so I've seen this topic a few places and think it's worth a thread.

1. We have the #1 team in football, very few holes, and can bring back anyone we want from our 2-time SB roster so maybe we move up to target one key addition.

2. WR is our top deficiency, many fans would like to see us grab a fast deep threat and/or a big alpha WR, moving Sneed might give us the ammo we need to do just that.

3. Thomas Jr is tall, fast, a top 2 deep threat in this draft and is projected to be the #1 WR within reach of our Chiefs between picks 10-31.

What would is cost to go up and get Thomas Jr?

Would you?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-09-2024 at 11:35 AM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-09-2024, 01:06 AM   #2
MVP

#32 + ?
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-09-2024, 02:41 AM   #3
Starter

No.

Adonai Mitchell.

Sneed + future 1st to get above the Bills, because they def will draft a WR just to deny us one. Top 3 are all gone before 10. Someone will take BTJ in top 15. Could be too hard to move up just from the implication.

Then we cross our fingers hard and pray for some reason at 32 Worthy is also available. Then we can spend money(FA) on a proven T with experience.

Makes 0 sense to draft OLine imo and take a gamble although I keep hearing those names thrown around by low IQ people. That position is known to be extremely bust/injury prone. This WR class is one of the best in last 10 years. One of those two guys will for sure produce in this offense. The numbers just back it up in terms of recent production from 1st round guys.

You want to spend on a reliable proven line, just more value. WR are generally overpaid in the league. People keep bringing up Mooney(who is one I like the most) and others that will demand not only 15m a year, but 4 year contracts. Same people cringing hard at thought of drafting WR at 32, let alone trading up. Make it make sense. All kinds of bang/buck + humble/flexible lineman who could come in be experienced, gel immediately, and just get the job done. A lot to be taught on the line. Makes no sense to draft a rookie in that position in terms of the scenario at play(3peat)

But, just to be clear I’m not against BTJ or anything. You do need to consider Daniels is the number one pick in any other draft(and he’s number one for many GMS who aren't Chicago with the actual pick) and Nabers is number 2 in any other. So that’s a huge point that people really need to ponder and they currently aren’t. I think trading top 15 to get him isn’t necessarily worth it, let alone guaranteed to go through. There is a world where both Mitchell AND Worthy are very underrated due to QB play. Ewers best game against Alabama he played (good) not great, and they both looked fantastic against the best secondary in the nation. So. Yeah. There’s a lot to ponder there.

Last edited by wannaGOback; 03-09-2024 at 03:02 AM..
wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 03-09-2024, 09:23 AM   #4
Veteran

This team is in a good place, but not that good a place you could throw all the important draft picks into moving up for one splash move, in my opinion.

Maybe the first wave of FA will change my mind on that, but I doubt it
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-09-2024, 11:02 AM   #5
Veteran

No. I’m not investing heavily in the wr position. If a bpa happens to be a wr, then I take him in the first but no, I’m not reaching or heavily investing in the wr position. I wouldn’t mind taking two WRs in this draft though, especially if we can add more picks in a trade down or with a sneed trade.
kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.kcbubb < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 03-09-2024, 11:10 AM   #6
MVP

I wouldn’t think it would be a good draft to trade up for a WR

It sounds like there isn’t that big a drop off between example 4th WR taken and 8th WR taken.
ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ForeverChiefs58 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 03-09-2024, 11:11 AM   #7
Future NBA Finals MVP

If this draft is so deep at WR, why would you trade up for ANYBODY?
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 11:21 AM   #8
In Search of a Life

Right now KC has too many potential holes to give up draft capital to move up.
Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-09-2024, 11:25 AM   #9
MVP

Thomas Jr

6-4, 205+, w/ 1k+ yards last season and 17 TDs.

Ranked (#3) in deep balls with 15 for 670 yards (#2).

2nd fastest guy at the combine, ran a 4.35.

He's just about everything we could want.

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-09-2024 at 11:34 AM..
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 11:26 AM   #10
MVP

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/20...geles-chargers

^SI's post combine mock has us making a move up to grab him for a 3rd.

Because this is such a good WR draft, maybe he does come within range.

Currently drafted most by the Bills at #28 (22%) on PFF's data base.

However, I've seen him go as high as #10 in a trade back scenario with ATL.

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-09-2024 at 11:35 AM..
Old 03-09-2024, 11:36 AM   #11
MVP

I would absolutely spend a 3rd to jump the Bills for him.

Especially if I'm getting a mid-2nd for Sneed.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 09:04 PM   #12
In Mahomes I trust!

I understand everyone's point of view here. If you have a shot, I mean a shot (with a Sneed high draft pick) YES you go get Brian Thomas Jr. without question. I live in Baton Rouge and I am a die hard LSU Tigers fan. This guy SCREAMS KC. With Kelce, Rice, Thomas, a free agent vet, Hardman, Watson and a "possible" Ross entering the rotation? C'MON! The DEFENSE won the CHAMPIONSHIP last season. It is time for the OFFENSE to get it this time!

Stand outside and look inwards - Thomas is awesome! If we miss on it or do not pull the trigger, then Worthy is my next, must draft choice. Just my .02.

Can you just imagine, after snubbing Buffalo by snagging McDuffie, now their "PUNT GOD" stealing from them, yet again, BRIAN THOMAS JR? Sorry, I'm loving it!
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 09:14 PM   #13
MVP

I think given the upcoming extensions, we really need every pick we can get. I think the Chiefs feel the same way or they wouldn't be going through this effort on Sneed.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-09-2024, 09:19 PM   #14
In Mahomes I trust!

So since #11 will be available, let me leave you with this...

Brian Thomas Jr.

This also comes from Jayden Daniels! A top 5 draft pick in this years draft!
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-09-2024, 09:22 PM   #15
In Mahomes I trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
I think given the upcoming extensions, we really need every pick we can get. I think the Chiefs feel the same way or they wouldn't be going through this effort on Sneed.
It's called SACRIFICE for the benefit of the team. When Veach holds up the trophy AGAIN at the parade what do you think he will say? "What does taking a risk on the offense look like? It looks like this!"