Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-17-2022, 06:12 PM  
MVP

Revisit: Trade Tyreek

I recall a thread in here or in the Lounge either during the season or last offseason about trading Tyreek but I can't seem to find it.

Anyhow, I thought at the time that the very notion was absurd but now I'm having second thoughts. Then again, maybe it's the few brain cells I still call "active" just bouncing around in the endless space they have available.

I know that KC has a need at WR already but they also have to look at the future. I think about the Vikings trading away Stefon Diggs and I thought how stupid it was until they drafted what may be a better player in Justin Jefferson with the 1st round pick they got and saved a load of money in the process.

Now, the Bills gave up a 1st, 5th, 6th, and future 4th for Diggs and a 7th.

When I think about how dynamic Hill is in terms of being a game-changer in a split second, I think he may bring a bigger return.

So, hypothetical...

Let's say a team calls you up that's in desperate need of a sure-fire playmaker because they just don't possess any. My logical thought for such a thing would be the Atlanta Falcons.

Part I

The Falcons offer you the 8th overall pick and their 3rd round pick #74.

You pretend your Bart and field the call. Do you accept the trade and save $18 million on the cap this year, thus rolling the dice by needing both a #1 and #2 receiver, or do you decline and force your hand to pay this guy at least another 90 million (and likely more) over the next 4 years?

Part II

The Falcons are gun shy and don't want to give up the #8 overall but the Eagles call offering 15 and 83 because they think Hill puts them over the top. Would you still do the deal if you'd do it for #8 or would you back out?

Part III

If you still haven't said no freakin' way, at what point do you say no?
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-18-2022, 12:52 PM   #16
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
There's a financial line in there somewhere I woudln't cross.

It would be pretty high.

If he wants to be the highest paid WR in football, it's hard for me to say he shouldn't be.
Hopkins is at $27.5 million per year (average). How far above that are you good with?

I don't have any other motives....just wondering.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2022, 01:49 PM   #17
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Hopkins is at $27.5 million per year (average). How far above that are you good with?

I mean....30? Probably.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2022, 02:13 PM   #18
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
I'm not trading HOF players while they're right in the middle of their prime. I don't care what the return is.

This is just stupid.
Agreed.

Getting "cute" with shit like that is how you mess up your team.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2022, 02:38 PM   #19
Bolton gonna knock you out

What about a trade with SF where they get Reek and our first, and we get Deebo and Fred Warner?
Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.Coochie liquor is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2022, 03:08 PM   #20
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Hill is amazing.

He's 27 years old and on a hall of fame pace.

He's a freak, works his ass off at improving his craft. I don't see him slowing down anytime soon. Want to give him a 5 year contract, I'm game. Want to play some games and sign him to a 7 year deal (I know unheard of these days) go ahead, because I think he will be a very productive player well into his 30s.

You just don't find dudes like him.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-18-2022, 04:01 PM   #21
MVP

An elite deep threat opens up any offense.

You don't trade those guys. They are rare animals.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-18-2022, 04:01 PM   #22
Andy Reid Supporter

Are you ****ing nuts? Seriously?
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 07:19 PM   #23
Everything is Awesome!!!!!

13 seconds…..
cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cabletech94 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2022, 12:24 PM   #24
MVP

I feel like you guys are all looking at this inside a box like I did when Chargem originally posed the thought. I didn't bring everything up, hoping others would see things differently and add to the conversation more.

What if Tyreek won't get an extension done?
What if he is willing to do an extension but won't convert that roster bonus into a signing bonus to spread the hit out?
Are you going to tag for two years? Are you going to tag and trade in one of the next two years?

There are some solid options out there to mitigate the damages if you do trade Tyreek and I'm just throwing out things that could happen.

I'm 100% with you Hoover, I'd love for Tyreek to do an extension, spread that roster bonus in 2022 out, be reasonable and not expect Hopkins+ money. A lot has to happen though.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-19-2022, 12:33 PM   #25
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
No thank you. I'd be more open to trading Chris Jones who underwhelms but still has some juice in the national spotlight.
Jones doesn't have a contract you can trade. The original discussion came about because Hill was the only one with a viable contract that could be traded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direckshun View Post
Part I

The Falcons offer you the 8th overall pick and their 3rd round pick #74.

You pretend your Bart and field the call. Do you accept the trade and save $18 million on the cap this year, thus rolling the dice by needing both a #1 and #2 receiver, or do you decline and force your hand to pay this guy at least another 90 million (and likely more) over the next 4 years?

I stick with Tyreek.

Part II

The Falcons are gun shy and don't want to give up the #8 overall but the Eagles call offering 15 and 83 because they think Hill puts them over the top. Would you still do the deal if you'd do it for #8 or would you back out?

I stick with Tyreek.

Part III

If you still haven't said no freakin' way, at what point do you say no?

I'd probably take Jamarr Chase in exchange for Hill. That's about as far as I'd go, though.
The Jets offer you 4 and 10 for him?

I'd take Chase for Hill as well I think

Quote:
I'm not trading HOF players while they're right in the middle of their prime. I don't care what the return is.

This is just stupid.
Megatron is a hall of famer, he stayed with one team, didn't lead to any success for them. Thinking the team as a whole CAN'T be better regardless of the return is whats "just stupid". There has to be a point where if you get enough back, its better to trade Hill. The question is just how much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post

That's a weird contract, the extension was 2 years at 27.5 per but they don't kick in for another 2 years, so its hard to tell if thats the benchmark for any new deals now or not

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor View Post
What about a trade with SF where they get Reek and our first, and we get Deebo and Fred Warner?
These kinds of trades are generally stupid. Not saying you're stupid, you seem nice.

Warner is on a 100m contract, Deebo is on the last year of his rookie deal next year. You're not getting cheaper or better really by doing this. Hence stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoover View Post
Hill is amazing.

He's 27 years old and on a hall of fame pace.

He's a freak, works his ass off at improving his craft. I don't see him slowing down anytime soon. Want to give him a 5 year contract, I'm game. Want to play some games and sign him to a 7 year deal (I know unheard of these days) go ahead, because I think he will be a very productive player well into his 30s.

You just don't find dudes like him.
I'd say he's probably the best receiver in the league, but that doesn't mean his production can't be replaced. Sounds like you think he's worth more than Crow's Falcon's offer, but surely there must be a trade you would make? We're just discussing what he is worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP View Post
An elite deep threat opens up any offense.

You don't trade those guys. They are rare animals.
As I said above, I think his production could be replaced. Lets say he wants 29m average per year, and you could get Godwin and A Robinson for the same average in total, and you spend that number 8 overall pick on WR too. Is the offense better with Hill, or Godwin, Robinson and Burks? in 2022? in 2023? in 2024?

You can also look at it from the team perspective. the Chiefs were 3rd overall on offensive DVOA and 23rd in defensive DVOA. I think that the Chiefs offense would drop in these rankings if you traded Hill and then spent 20-30m avg per year on receivers to replace him, but how much better could the defense get with those resources from Atlanta?
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-19-2022, 12:49 PM   #26
Veteran

To actually answer the question set by KCCrow, I would take the Falcons offer, but no less, AS LONG AS I literally had the contracts printed for premium FA WRs that I wanted to replace him and the guys sat there with the pens in their hands, waiting to sign.

My plan would probably be two receiving threats from FA - Robinson/Godwin and Ertz/Njoku/Gesicki maybe, then looking to add defense with the number 8 overall pick or possibly try trading back to the middle of the first, depending how it falls.

I'd then be looking to add another WR with my back of the first round pick, it's too early to say how its shaping up but maybe one of J Williams, Garrett Wilson, Chris Olave, Jahan Dotson
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 02-19-2022, 01:14 PM   #27
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
I feel like you guys are all looking at this inside a box like I did when Chargem originally posed the thought. I didn't bring everything up, hoping others would see things differently and add to the conversation more.

What if Tyreek won't get an extension done?
What if he is willing to do an extension but won't convert that roster bonus into a signing bonus to spread the hit out?
Are you going to tag for two years? Are you going to tag and trade in one of the next two years?

There are some solid options out there to mitigate the damages if you do trade Tyreek and I'm just throwing out things that could happen.

I'm 100% with you Hoover, I'd love for Tyreek to do an extension, spread that roster bonus in 2022 out, be reasonable and not expect Hopkins+ money. A lot has to happen though.
Why should he take less than Hopkins?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2022, 01:17 PM   #28
In Search of a Life

Why would I try to replace his production when I could just sign him and keep said production coming from him?

You’d trade him, if you wanted to, at the end of the next contract. Not now.
Old 02-19-2022, 01:22 PM   #29
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Darrell Green could still run 4.3 when he retired.

Tyreek is still a 4.2 guy and probably like Darrell will do so barring injury for some time.

NO WAY !!!!!
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2022, 01:55 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Why would I try to replace his production when I could just sign him and keep said production coming from him?

You’d trade him, if you wanted to, at the end of the next contract. Not now.
As he sits, he's in the final year of his contract.

So, while it is true that it isn't necessarily "now," it's potentially next year if a deal doesn't get done.

He's one of the few on the roster I'd have a hard time trading but nobody sans Mahomes is untradable for the right price.