Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM  
MVP

2024 WR Class

Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-24-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-29-2024, 05:42 PM   #1591
In Search of a Life

There's that word again "decoy".
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-29-2024, 06:25 PM   #1592
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbubb View Post
Hmm.. whay do you see Brian Thomas jr as the riskiest player? I get the risk in worthy. Lots of risk there.
Well, your original question was posed based on projected area of selection. BTJr I’ve seen as high as top 10. And consensus is 15-20.

The main issue is we are talking about a guy who exploded 4x his stats playing alongside two potential top5 picks and franchise pieces. Personally, I’m extremely high on Nabers, and Daniels is my QB#2. To me he’s the odd guy out benefiting from superstars. Not that he wouldn’t be successful at KC. In fact, that’s a place he’s most likely to be successful.

Even Franklin, who I am higher on and is a better fit, would inherit risk at 10. I simply think BTjr is more of an early second round guy. I wouldn’t be too unhappy drafting him at 32. We absolutely have to draft receiver at 32.

Worthy is more of a boom or bust guy.
wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 02-29-2024, 06:29 PM   #1593
Generational Player

CMP-MD
@NJSportsDoc
·
Feb 24
What’s the 1st most predictive variable?

Elite Drafters
@Elite_Drafters
Draft capital.

Lol.

The Twitter analytics bros always bring the fun.

Yeah, here our numbers say Drake London and Skyy Moore are similar...but in the end, the scouts of the NFL determine the value...

MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 06:34 PM   #1594
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post

CMP-MD
@NJSportsDoc
·
Feb 24

Elite Drafters
@Elite_Drafters
Draft capital.

Lol.

Yeah, here our numbers say Drake London and Skyy Moore are similar...but in the end, the scouts of the NFL determine the value...

Ya. My thing with Worthy is 1: We have receivers with similar profile that have failed massively. 2: if you’re going to shoot for the moon you might as well go for Mars. Draft Legette and hope his measurables carry him to being DK.

This being in context of drafting at 32.
wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.wannaGOback < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 02-29-2024, 06:36 PM   #1595
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannaGOback View Post
Ya. My thing with Worthy is 1: We have receivers with similar profile that have failed massively. 2: if you’re going to shoot for the you might as well go for Mars. Draft Legette and hope his measurables carry him to being DK.

This being in context of drafting at 32.
I wasn't even dunking on Worthy here.

Just find it strange that these Twitter analytics guys do all these numbers and then asked how they will then pick players in Draft dynasty or fantasy say "draft capital".

They don't believe their own bullshit.

MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-29-2024, 07:25 PM   #1596
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
There's that word again "decoy".
Yep lol...

He's a "Decoy" despite being 6th in the NCAA in receiving yards and 4th in TDs. Of the 5 ahead of him in yards, two aren't in the draft, and two of the other 3 are going in the top 10 (Nabers, Odunze). He was also 24th in receptions. Only 6 other draft prospects were ahead of him.

Meanwhile, Mr. Alpha finished 60th in the NCAA in yards, tied for 12th in TDs, and finished tied for 83rd in receptions. His decoy teammate finished ahead of him in yards at 31st and well ahead in receptions at tied for 29th.

So Mr Alpha wasn't even an alpha amongst his collegiate peers. But the supposed decoy actually was.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-29-2024, 07:43 PM   #1597
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachashi View Post
The QB throwing the ball matters quite a bit in a stat like this.
It can, of course. As well as offensive system. Hell even penalties can play a part in the numbers as well.

Let take Jermaine Burton for example. Jalen Milroe ran the ball a lot. Alabama ran the ball a lot last year period. They had a lot a penalties they shouldn't have had on offense as well. At least 4 td's and 400 yds were taken away from Burton on penalties alone that was outside of his control. Now if we were to add those numbers into his final production numbers he surely would have changed what we see. Even those contested catch numbers.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-29-2024, 07:45 PM   #1598
MVP

Really liking Corey’s balance and change of direction. 5’11” 220 and a 4.43 is crazy. Hes one of the first 5 guys I’m digging into so it may just be puppy love but damn!
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-29-2024, 08:15 PM   #1599
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunerdr View Post
Really liking Corey’s balance and change of direction. 5’11” 220 and a 4.43 is crazy. Hes one of the first 5 guys I’m digging into so it may just be puppy love but damn!
I had written him off as maybe a 3rd rounder until the senior bowl. His routes were precise and his short area quickness was excellent. Plus, his contact balance is outstanding. With a 40 time like that, I’m not sure he will make it to our 2nd round pick.
iSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutiSavedLatin is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 02-29-2024, 08:43 PM   #1600
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post

CMP-MD
@NJSportsDoc
·
Feb 24

Elite Drafters
@Elite_Drafters
Draft capital.

Lol.

Man, the way you actively shit on prospects like this is so weird.

If you had an iota of objectivity, you wouldn't do shit like this. This is 100% ego driven bs. Anybody else sees the clip showing his elite start/stop ability, and the point being made in the tweet, and sees it for what it is.

I actually watched Brett Kollman's video on Adonai, because I want a reason to be sold on every prospect. The more good players that are available, the better for us.

I've provided criticisms on Mitchell, but I've also talked about a lot of the good too. And I actually like him a little more after watching Kollman's video. He showed some all-22 stuff, and you see some of the nuance to his route running that you can't see on the broadcast tape.

That point that is being made about Worthy is legitimate and 100% true. The point you're trying to draft capital doesn't even make sense. Worthy will go in the 2nd at worst. The difference between WRs drafted outside of the top 10-15 and WRs drafted in the 2nd is minimal at best.

Last edited by staylor26; 02-29-2024 at 08:53 PM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-29-2024, 09:16 PM   #1601
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
Yep lol...

He's a "Decoy" despite being 6th in the NCAA in receiving yards and 4th in TDs. Of the 5 ahead of him in yards, two aren't in the draft, and two of the other 3 are going in the top 10 (Nabers, Odunze). He was also 24th in receptions. Only 6 other draft prospects were ahead of him.

Meanwhile, Mr. Alpha finished 60th in the NCAA in yards, tied for 12th in TDs, and finished tied for 83rd in receptions. His decoy teammate finished ahead of him in yards at 31st and well ahead in receptions at tied for 29th.

So Mr Alpha wasn't even an alpha amongst his collegiate peers. But the supposed decoy actually was.
This is a really strange argument for Franklin.

I don't care about just reading college production as a predictor for NFL success.

The analytics bros LOVE that shit. And when it doesn't work they can change their formula to "draft capital"! How convenient to never be wrong on a player.

Parris Campbell was the slot focal at Ohio State with Terry McLaurin on the same team.

Parris did get drafted higher. It was a BIG mistake.

In his final year at Ohio State Parris had 90 catches for 1063 yards and 12 TD's.
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...ampbell-1.html

Terry McLaurin was the better WR and better pro prospect but he had only 35 catches for 701 yards and 11 TD's.
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...claurin-1.html

Just because Frankin was made a focal in college doesn't mean he will be one in the NFL.

If we are talking Adonai Mitchell and Troy Franklin, one has the skillset to be an NFL target hog and impact player, one does not. Franklin's traits do not line up with being an impact player at the next level.

Look at the traits. Look at how they work in combination and then how that will work at the next level.

Franklin has one + NFL trait, straight line speed. He does not have + Hands, Route Running, or ability to catch the ball in tight spaces. His acceleration is not special either.

Adonai has +Size/Power, + Hands, and +Route Running. In combination it will give him the opportunity to be a #1 NFL WR and eat 10+ targets a game.

Teams now pay 25+ million for that.

What Franklin does I can grab a vertical speed decoy for 5 million a year in FA.

If he was an elite vertical 2 then you pay more like 12-15 million. But I don't see that upside either.
Old 02-29-2024, 09:37 PM   #1602
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Chiefs don’t throw jump balls.

Need guys that get open.
And Mahomes has said that he wants a jump ball receiver.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-29-2024, 09:39 PM   #1603
DeadPunisher

Quote:
If I want a big physical WR, Rice would be my pick later in the draft.
If we grab him in the 3rd, I would be very happy. If he runs 4.4 flat or faster, he will probably be a 2nd round pick.

I can see the footnote now about the receiver with the great WR father from this draft that people will remember us actually Rice, who played with Mahomes, and not Harrison Jr. who played with a really bad QB.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-29-2024, 09:41 PM   #1604
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Show me where I said I hated Zay Flowers and I will.
Paired with Mahomes, either will be better than Flowers.

Flowers has Lamar at QB, and no matter how much he improves, he will never be Mahomes.
Old 02-29-2024, 09:53 PM   #1605
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSavedLatin View Post
I had written him off as maybe a 3rd rounder until the senior bowl. His routes were precise and his short area quickness was excellent. Plus, his contact balance is outstanding. With a 40 time like that, I’m not sure he will make it to our 2nd round pick.
I haven’t run through everything because I’m late to the party but I’d peg him mid second just guessing now
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.