Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-03-2022, 12:19 PM   #12256
TACO SALAD

I put my annual IRA contribution in yesterday morning. Had half go to Target date fund, the other half into money market for now.

I'll have to figure out my prior year performance at some point. Enjoying those posts. I don't think any beat the S&P, it was a beast last year. Even the NASDAQ didn't keep pace
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-03-2022, 12:47 PM   #12257
Mod Team

Is AMC a buy on this Green Day?!?!?!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-04-2022, 09:39 AM   #12258
MVP

BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-04-2022, 10:25 AM   #12259
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Really nice diversification and well managed portfolio.

The only small bit of advice is to never left a stock loss exceed 25-30%. Once you start hitting the 40-50% or more level, the stock has to double just to break even.

There are other strategies for hedging to protect your downside when a stock rolls over.

That's it. Overall you did very well and congratulations.
This would be a good opportunity to take advantage of tax loss harvesting right?
Tylerthigpen!1! is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTylerthigpen!1! is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTylerthigpen!1! is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTylerthigpen!1! is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTylerthigpen!1! is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTylerthigpen!1! is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTylerthigpen!1! is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTylerthigpen!1! is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTylerthigpen!1! is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTylerthigpen!1! is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutTylerthigpen!1! is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 01-04-2022, 11:01 AM   #12260
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerthigpen!1! View Post
This would be a good opportunity to take advantage of tax loss harvesting right?

If they were sold by Dec 31st , yes.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-04-2022, 04:10 PM   #12261
TACO SALAD

Some new year's repositioning today? or maybe the new variant spreading? A lot of tech got beat up. I saw some high flyers down 10+% like Shopify

The broader market seemed to hang in there pretty good. Equal weight S&P was up .8%
ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.ChiliConCarnage threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 01-04-2022, 08:00 PM   #12262
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage View Post
Some new year's repositioning today? or maybe the new variant spreading? A lot of tech got beat up. I saw some high flyers down 10+% like Shopify

The broader market seemed to hang in there pretty good. Equal weight S&P was up .8%
Gas, oil and banks all did nicely but many on the NASDAQ took a whooping.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2022, 03:06 AM   #12263
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Is AMC a buy on this Green Day?!?!?!
What a turd. And I gotta say, I've recieved investment advise from a lot of different people and spaces and this place has always been the worst.

Thanks, guys.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 11:33 AM   #12264
Mod Team

AMC in the 23’s!

Clay you loading more?!!?!
Old 01-05-2022, 11:35 AM   #12265
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
AMC in the 23’s!

Clay you loading more?!!?!

You have way too much fun watching AMC. It's back in the area I'm very curious about, but we've seen it up and down so often that I think there's enough of a cushion of long-term holders at the bottom to prevent a true crash. Wouldn't surprise me to see it pop up near 30 again sometime soon.

(But I'm still staying far away from it.)
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2022, 01:04 PM   #12266
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post

You have way too much fun watching AMC. It's back in the area I'm very curious about, but we've seen it up and down so often that I think there's enough of a cushion of long-term holders at the bottom to prevent a true crash. Wouldn't surprise me to see it pop up near 30 again sometime soon.

(But I'm still staying far away from it.)

Lew is committed to the troll.

Side note, wife wanted to take the kids to the AMC in Westminster. I was meh on it but she was wound up. So she got online and gets all excited because the recliners and waited snacks. So she set up an order and then promptly cancelled it when she got the subtotal.

I don’t remember the number but it was a lot for this hayseed. She was super excited about it then made a giant heel turn to **** that we’ll go to Garden for 1/4 of the money.

I chuckled.

Sorry guys. I didn’t do my part to prop up AMCs earnings.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 01:21 PM   #12267
Politically Incorrect

The 10 year bond yield has spiked up quickly. Lets hope it doesn't bust 1.8%
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2022, 02:01 PM   #12268
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post

Lew is committed to the troll.

Side note, wife wanted to take the kids to the AMC in Westminster. I was meh on it but she was wound up. So she got online and gets all excited because the recliners and waited snacks. So she set up an order and then promptly cancelled it when she got the subtotal.

I don’t remember the number but it was a lot for this hayseed. She was super excited about it then made a giant heel turn to **** that we’ll go to Garden for 1/4 of the money.

I chuckled.

Sorry guys. I didn’t do my part to prop up AMCs earnings.

Pre-Covid, my wife and I went to a theater like that. We both got burgers and fries, and my wife got a glass of wine to complement my Dr. Pepper. I think the total bill came to well over $100 including the movie.

It's a great concept, but not for that kind of dough.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2022, 04:16 PM   #12269
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I'm liking Tilray here.

Good for a pop after all this tax selling.

Think it goes back to $10-12 in first months
You still in? Today was a rough one for Tilray.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-05-2022, 09:27 PM   #12270
Mod Team

The Feds are spooking the market. I'd need one nice green day followed by a second green day into noon before I'd consider buying a position in something right now.

Might be a quick dip or might be a slightly bigger correction. I sure as shit am not guessing. I'll wait to confirm two days of follow through buying to trend up again.