Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-06-2024, 08:49 PM  
Starter

Mock 3.6

I figured I'd finally take a stab at one of these. I'm not an expert at the cap stuff, but I tried to be realistic. Feel free to flame away or let me know what I'm missing. I wanted a bit of insurance for Pacheco with how aggressively he runs, so I had us spend a little extra on a guy like Zach Moss, who I think can split the load and also step up if Pacheco has to miss a few games.

My goal with the draft was infusing athleticism across the board, so I focused on guys who I thought would bring athleticism or power to the team. I modeled our trade up in the second roughly after what it took us to move up in the 2023 draft.

Extensions

OC Creed Humphrey
SS Justin Reid
PK Harrison Butker

Releases

WR Marquez Valdez
WR Kadarius Toney
DE Charles Omenihu

Trades

Chiefs trade CB L'Jarius Sneed to Indianapolis for #46 overall

Restructures

Mahomes as much makes since to make this work

FA Re-Signings

DT Chris Jones
LS James Winchester
LB Drue Tranquill
WR Mecole Hardman
DE Malik Herring
DB Nazeeh Johnson
LB Jack Cochrane
OG Mike Caliendo
LB Cole Christiansen
S Mike Edwards

Free Agent Aquisitions

QB Carson Wentz
WR Darnell Mooney
RB Zach Moss
OG Mark Glowinski
DT A'Shawn Robinson
DE Yetur Gross-Matos

Let Walk

QB Blaine Gabbert, RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire, DT Tershawn Wharton, LB Willie Gay Jr, RB Jerick McKinnon, TE Blake Bell, WR Richie James, DT Matt Dickerson, TE Jody Fortson, DE Mike Danna

The Draft

32: Patrick Paul OT – Houston
46: Xavier Leggette WR – South Carolina
57: T’vondre Sweat DT – Texas Trade 64 + 133 + 250 to Tampa for 57 + 203
95: Khyree Jackson CB – Oregon
158: Jaheim Bell TE – FSU
172: Steele Chambers LB – OSU
203: Isaac Guerendo RB – Cinci

The Roster

QB: P. Mahomes, C. Wentz
RB: I. Pacheco, Zach Moss, Isaac Guerendo
WR: R. Rice, Xavier Legette, D. Mooney, M. Hardman, J. Watson, S. Moore
TE: T. Kelce, N. Gray, Jaheim Bell
LT: Patrick Paul, Wanya Morris
LG: J. Thuney
OC: C. Humphrey, M. Caliendo
RG: T. Smith, M. Glowinski
RT: J. Taylor, L. Niang
DE: G. Karlaftis, M. Herring
DT: C. Jones, A'Shawn Robinson, N.Ferrell
NT: I. Buggs, T’vondre Sweat
DE: F. Anudike-Uzomah, Y. Gross-Matos, B. Thompson
LB: N. Bolton, D. Tranquill, L. Chenal, Steele Chambers, C. Jones
CB: T. McDuffie, J. Williams, J. Watson, Khyree Jackson, N. Jones
DB: J. Reid, B. Cook, C. Conner, Mike Edwards, N. Johnson
ST: H. Butker, M. Araiza, J. Winchester

Last edited by ntexascardfan; 03-06-2024 at 09:57 PM..
ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-06-2024, 09:11 PM   #2
MVP

Yes.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-06-2024, 10:23 PM   #3
MVP

JIMP
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-07-2024, 12:39 PM   #4
Pepsi, cheeburger, chip

Like it. The main concern would be relying on the raw Patrick Paul to start right off the bat. Plan B is Wayna Morris if he struggles? Putting a lot of pressure on that rookie and Wayna isn’t it?
Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.
Old 03-07-2024, 01:30 PM   #5
MVP

No way Guerendo lasts until the 7th after the combine he just had. I'd love to take him but he's probably going day two.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2024, 02:48 PM   #6
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
Like it. The main concern would be relying on the raw Patrick Paul to start right off the bat. Plan B is Wayna Morris if he struggles? Putting a lot of pressure on that rookie and Wayna isn’t it?
Why is Paul raw? He’s a three year starter
Palangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutPalangi is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 03-07-2024, 04:55 PM   #7
Pepsi, cheeburger, chip

I’ve read a few scouting reports that said Paul needs significant technique work. Would the team trust him to protect the MVP blind side right off the bat? If they also got a stop gap for a year maybe. Donovan Smith on one more year perhaps?
Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.
Old 03-07-2024, 06:32 PM   #8
MVP

For O-line this year - I found this article quite credible. I haven't watched much o-line yet, but the guy Dane Brugler interviews here (Duke Mayweather) seems very credible given that a lot of these o-linemen go to him for, best I can tell, the OL equivalent of Manningcamp
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-08-2024, 01:49 PM   #9
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toad View Post
Thanks man.

I wonder what people would think about signing Tyron Smith and then drafting Patrick Paul.

Tyron has an injury history, but if he can stay healthy we have a rock at LT that lets Patrick really develop.
ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-08-2024, 08:14 PM   #10
MVP

I just don't see Wentz - why not just keep Gabbert? They will both cost about the same....
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-08-2024, 09:56 PM   #11
MVP

Big fan of the Zach Moss addition.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-08-2024, 09:57 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Big fan of the Zach Moss addition.
Oh man, if Zach Moss gets lost in this deep running back free agent class, the Chiefs should definitely scoop him up.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.