Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-27-2024, 04:56 PM  
DeadPunisher

Take a Flier on a Player and Explain Why

So, we all develop ideas about players, and others don't see our vision, or agree with us.

In this thread you can list players you would draft, outside of obvious picks, and explain why and/or how you would use them. It can be a lesser known player, or a player you would use in a way most would think is crazy.

An example would be DT Khristian Boyd. If we trade back and acquire some 6th and 7th round picks this year, I would love to take Khristian Boyd, because we need a DT, and he went to my high school, Blue Springs High. He probably wouldn't make the team, but maybe he sticks around on the PS.

But, it doesn't have to be completely unknown players.

Like, James Williams from Miami. I think he would be a great hybrid S/LB that Spags could use all over the field. I think people see him as a Safety, but I think he can do a lot of things on defense.

Or, like Luke McCaffrey. He is a WR, but I would love to use him as a replacement for McKinnon. He started his college career as a QB, like McKinnon, and he catches everything. It sucks that McKinnon doesn't really play a lot during the regular season because of his injury history, and having a versatile weapon would allow Reid to get creative.

This isn't a thread for name calling, or negativity. This is just a fun thread. If you post here, please have fun with it and be respectful.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-27-2024, 05:30 PM   #2
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

McCaffrey is a guy I like. I also like De'Corian Clark; wide receiver with really intriguing measurables out of UTSA.

On defense I'm a Myles Cole fan. I like his build and think he can be a solid rotational player who may go undrafted. Good play strength and solid but unspectacular athleticism. Good motor. The kind of guy that can forge a productive career seemingly from nothing. I also like James Williams as a consideration in the 5th for the same reasons you do.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2024, 05:51 PM   #3
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
McCaffrey is a guy I like. I also like De'Corian Clark; wide receiver with really intriguing measurables out of UTSA.

On defense I'm a Myles Cole fan. I like his build and think he can be a solid rotational player who may go undrafted. Good play strength and solid but unspectacular athleticism. Good motor. The kind of guy that can forge a productive career seemingly from nothing. I also like James Williams as a consideration in the 5th for the same reasons you do.
I wasn't familiar with Cole. I really like linemen, offensive and defensive, who have long arms/large wingspans. His hands are a little small, but if the offensive linemen can't get into his chest, that doesn't matter as much. He could create so much leverage, and damn, he could become a world champion at knocking down passes.

Clark is a freak athlete. He could go undrafted, because he wasn't invited to the combine. I kinda get BJ Thompson vibes, like if Clark did perform at the combine, some teams wouldn't be able to ignore the numbers.
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-27-2024, 06:15 PM   #4
DeadPunisher

Here is another crazy pick.

Joe Milton, QB Tennessee.

I have no idea what teams think of Milton. I think he is going to be 24 years old, and he never seemed to stand out in college.

I would love to draft him with our last pick, if he was there. As a QB, Andy Reid could turn him into a player another team would throw us a pick for, plus I am sick of old geezer backups. Or, and I want to state ahead of time that I know the player would never go for this, we convert him into a TE.

He has an absolute rocket for an arm. Honestly, it may be stronger than Mahomes. Imagine all the double passes good old Nagy could draw up with him on the field.

Plus, he is 6'5" and could easily be 250, or maybe more, if he wanted, and he runs a 4.7.

Imagine a TE as big as Kelce, as fast Kelce ever was, and he knows how to read defenses, and could easily learn to see defenses exactly like Mahomes and Kelce.

I think physically Milton is a lot like Anthony Richardson. He isn't as nimble or even as mobile as AR, and maybe isn't as explosive of an athlete, but he is close.

But, maybe he could be a great TE. Or he has stone hands. But it's fun to think about.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 06:46 PM   #5
Veteran

I'll play. OT Christian Jones of TX. 6`5", 317 lbs. Almost 36" arms and over 10 inch hands. Plated LT the last three years after playing LT his freshmen year. Did well at the Senior Bowl. Hoping for a fast 10 yard split and a good shuttle time.
spanky 52 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.spanky 52 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.spanky 52 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.spanky 52 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.spanky 52 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.spanky 52 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.spanky 52 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.spanky 52 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.spanky 52 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.spanky 52 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.spanky 52 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 06:49 PM   #6
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky 52 View Post
I'll play. OT Christian Jones of TX. 6`5", 317 lbs. Almost 36" arms and over 10 inch hands. Plated LT the last three years after playing LT his freshmen year. Did well at the Senior Bowl. Hoping for a fast 10 yard split and a good shuttle time.
Yeah, he would be a great late round pick. I think most places have him in the late 5th to mid 6th round pick.
Old 02-27-2024, 06:49 PM   #7
Most Valuable Villain

I’m not entirely sure where he’d fit in this DB room but I’d love to draft Kitan Oladapo out of Oregon State.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2024, 07:19 PM   #8
MVP

I'm going to give you guys the guy I'd draft that would make most here go "WTF" and then I'll get to some others I'm very interested in that don't get talked about much...

QB Jordan Travis, Florida State... So yeah, I'm kind of tired of recycling shitty journeyman QBs as Pat's backup. I'd rather just have a young guy on a rookie deal with some upside. I think Travis is going around the 4th round and I'm good with that spot. He needs some work but he has a good arm, a really snappy release, and he has some athleticism. Reid could mold this kid into a quality player IMO. Maybe you can flip him later on and repeat the cycle.

now a few others...

DT Nathan Pickering, Mississippi State... Doesn't get talked about much but he was a really steady, quality player who is probably best as a 1T in our defense.

SS Sanoussi Kane, Purdue... Outstanding downhill trigger and the speed to get to the boundary to cut off backs on outside zone from the opposite side of the field. He's best as a box safety/nickel linebacker guy but I think he can play deeper. I don't think he gets enough attention as a late-round type. He'd be a special teams asset for any team for sure and maybe alot more. I think Spags could deploy him in a hybrid role similar to how he used to deploy Sorensen

CB Jarius Monroe, Tulane... I think he's going to go alot higher than people think (4th round I'd say) as a safety prospect. Might be an option on the outside but I don't think that's his best spot in the NFL.

WR Hayden Hatten, Idaho... Ricky Pearsall-light. Really curious to see how he times. I think he can be a really effective slot receiver though. Reminds me of a few of those small white boys that New England deployed over the years.

RB Jaden Shirden, Monmouth... He's just fun to watch house it. I don't know how fast he runs but it looks 4.4s. We'll see how fast that is and how big his hands are. I think he has a shot to be a change of pace back in the NFL.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 02-27-2024, 10:27 PM   #9
Inmem 2.0

McCaffery for sure but I won't spam this section about him.

Another WR I really like Javon Baker. Was an absolute play maker this year hasn't been talked about a ton
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2024, 10:38 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
McCaffery for sure but I won't spam this section about him.

Another WR I really like Javon Baker. Was an absolute play maker this year hasn't been talked about a ton
Baker's drops are worrisome and a big reason he's not a 2nd round prospect IMO. Going to be another situation like AT Perry IMO.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 09:23 AM   #11
Veteran

Joe Milton III, QB, Tennessee

He's worth a last-round flier. 6-5, 240 pounds. Arm strength is crazy. Accuracy is the question. He has backup potential that we could flip for an earlier draft pick to a QB-desperate team if he flashes at any point.

Last edited by wachashi; 02-28-2024 at 09:29 AM..
wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-28-2024, 09:42 AM   #12
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachashi View Post
Joe Milton III, QB, Tennessee

He's worth a last-round flier. 6-5, 240 pounds. Arm strength is crazy. Accuracy is the question. He has backup potential that we could flip for an earlier draft pick to a QB-desperate team if he flashes at any point.
I keep finding myself asking "Hey, if Sam Hartman is still on the board in the 5th, why shouldn't we take him?"

I mean really I'd prefer get him in the 6th or 7th but I don't believe we have picks in either round (though I seen conflicting stuff on the 7th rounder).

He's just...a backup. I feel like he will be for a very long time. The issue I see with him as a backup is that he was so up and down. Some games I'd watch him play and think "Man, this guy's a day 2 pick" and then 2 weeks later I'd wonder why he was even a starter at ND. He was damn inconsistent.

But the good version of Hartman can play. And as a backup I think he's a safer bet than Milton.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2024, 09:58 AM   #13
Veteran

Milton is a long-term project. He couldn't be our backup for another year at least. The guy has very concerning accuracy issues, sometimes because he throws with all gas, and no brakes.

But...6-5, 240, cannon for an arm, runs past people and through tackles when he decides to move.

A player like that has the potential to net you some real draft capital in his 3rd year or 4th year if he's shown he can operate with more control in the NFL.

I'll bet on Andy's ability to be a QB whisperer with Milton for the cost of a seventh round pick.
wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.wachashi must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-28-2024, 10:05 AM   #14
Inmem 2.0

Zak Zinter- If he can come back from his injury kid was a mauler & pretty decent pass protector could be a 10 year starter for someone
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-28-2024, 10:09 AM   #15
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I keep finding myself asking "Hey, if Sam Hartman is still on the board in the 5th, why shouldn't we take him?"

I mean really I'd prefer get him in the 6th or 7th but I don't believe we have picks in either round (though I seen conflicting stuff on the 7th rounder).

He's just...a backup. I feel like he will be for a very long time. The issue I see with him as a backup is that he was so up and down. Some games I'd watch him play and think "Man, this guy's a day 2 pick" and then 2 weeks later I'd wonder why he was even a starter at ND. He was damn inconsistent.

But the good version of Hartman can play. And as a backup I think he's a safer bet than Milton.
God....don't do that to me man. I guess it's better than paying money for a veteran backup but I shouldn't have to deal with Hartman again.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.