Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-17-2024, 09:59 AM  
Andy Reid Supporter

FSU DT Brandon Fiske

Anyone checked him out? Transfer from Western Michigan to FSU. Listed at 6'5" 300 lbs and looks really athletic. 12 sacks the last 2 seasons. Dominated at WMU and had a really nice year at FSU this year.

Could be a really nice prospect to replace Chris Jones if he leaves. He's older (5th year Senior) actually turns 24 tomorrow but that isn't a bad thing.

His age and only 1 year of starting for a power 5 could put him in range for us in the 1st.

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-17-2024, 10:04 AM   #2
In Search of a Life

24 year old first rounder? Nah no thanks.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 07:09 PM   #3
MVP

He isn't going 1st round. I'd say 3rd is most likely.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 07:42 PM   #4
Starter

Also I did a breakdown last draft season of the ages that Veach has drafted. He mainly drafts 21-22yo's, and an occasional 23yo, I dont think he's drafted any 24yo's. He focuses on younger guys that he can get a rookie contract out of and maybe a second contract before they hit 30.
kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 10:30 AM   #5
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
He isn't going 1st round. I'd say 3rd is most likely.
Yeah - Fiske ain't a first rounder. In part for the reasons he 'might be available for us in the 1st' in the OP.

I do think we'd probably have to take him in the 2nd if we wanted him. Or engineer a trade-up in the 3rd. But I don't think we have the draft capital for that sort of thing.

Was it Dane Brugler that had us taking Newton out of Illinois? Because I could see a scenario where I'm on board with that. The draft has the possibility of going like it did last year when there really just was a big ol' pile of equal talent sitting there - none of it really 1st round caliber.

In that case, Newton could very easily be the best raw talent on the board. And there's almost certainly going to be a need there. Feels like he could easily be Ed Oliver here.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-18-2024, 10:32 AM   #6
In Search of a Life

If we have that again with our first rounder....it'll make it more palatable for people to understand trading it for someone.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-18-2024, 10:36 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
If we have that again with our first rounder....it'll make it more palatable for people to understand trading it for someone.
It was like 6-8 straight dick-punches.

How did a draft that looked to be setting up so incredibly well at about pick 20 turn into a dumpster fire by the time it got to us? Man that was painful.

But hey, the broken road led to Rashee Rice so we're all good here...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-18-2024, 10:37 AM   #8
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
It was like 6-8 straight dick-punches.

How did a draft that looked to be setting up so incredibly well at about pick 20 turn into a dumpster fire by the time it got to us? Man that was painful.

But hey, the broken road led to Rashee Rice so we're all good here...
Yeah, it worked out fine.

Just like it'll work out fine when we have Justin Jefferson and no first rounder for 2 years.
Old 01-18-2024, 12:09 PM   #9
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzman555 View Post
Also I did a breakdown last draft season of the ages that Veach has drafted. He mainly drafts 21-22yo's, and an occasional 23yo, I dont think he's drafted any 24yo's. He focuses on younger guys that he can get a rookie contract out of and maybe a second contract before they hit 30.
I think drafting young has more to do with knowing there's a lot more physical development you can pull out of a player v. a guy who is 23-24 on draft day.
ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-18-2024, 12:13 PM   #10
MVP

I haven't finished my next mock yet, but I have eyes on Darius Robinson from Mizzou in round 2 now that he declared.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 12:15 PM   #11

Quote:
I haven't finished my next mock yet, but I have eyes on Darius Robinson from Mizzou in round 2 now that he declared.
I like Robinson but I think he's a 3rd rounder. Mizzou guys always fall further than you expect.

I might look at him in the 3rd, but I can't see talking myself into Robinson in the 2nd.
Old 01-18-2024, 12:20 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
I like Robinson but I think he's a 3rd rounder. Mizzou guys always fall further than you expect.

I might look at him in the 3rd, but I can't see talking myself into Robinson in the 2nd.
I see him in a slightly better light than Fiske but still in the category of we aren't getting him at the end of the 3rd. He's a couple years younger than Fiske and coming off of 8.5 sacks.
Old 01-18-2024, 12:40 PM   #13
Starter

Brugler had Robinson at the very end of the second in his most recent two round mock.
ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ntexascardfan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-18-2024, 01:18 PM   #14

Quote:
I see him in a slightly better light than Fiske but still in the category of we aren't getting him at the end of the 3rd. He's a couple years younger than Fiske and coming off of 8.5 sacks.
Yeah - he just seems a bit of a 'tweener to me. Not powerful enough to be a DT, not sudden enough to be a DE.

I mean I guess that means he's a Spags DE in some ways. But I don't see a 300 lb guy with his relative stiffness being a defensive end at the next level. And I've never seen him truly excel as a pure interior player.

On paper he measures similar to Chris Jones but I don't see near the burst that Jones demonstrated. Honestly, he may be best served as a 3-tech in an odd front. I see Gervon Dexter as a similar sort of prospect but I think Dexter was far more explosive.
Old 01-18-2024, 06:39 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Yeah - he just seems a bit of a 'tweener to me. Not powerful enough to be a DT, not sudden enough to be a DE.

I mean I guess that means he's a Spags DE in some ways. But I don't see a 300 lb guy with his relative stiffness being a defensive end at the next level. And I've never seen him truly excel as a pure interior player.

On paper he measures similar to Chris Jones but I don't see near the burst that Jones demonstrated. Honestly, he may be best served as a 3-tech in an odd front. I see Gervon Dexter as a similar sort of prospect but I think Dexter was far more explosive.
Did not like Dexter as a prospect. He was so slow out of his stance it didn't matter how much power he had and that's something you don't see many players get overly better at.

With Jones, it took him a couple of seasons in the weight room to get to be the powerful guy we see now. He was more powerful than Robinson is coming out but we are talking a borderline/should have been 1st rounder compared to a borderline 2nd/3rd guy. There's going to be a little drop off.

I think Robinson has to get bigger. He's lighter than the listed 295, for sure. probably 280-285.