Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-25-2024, 12:17 PM  
MVP

Valuing Jones vs. Sneed

I think the consensus is that in a vacuum, Jones is clearly worth more than Sneed.

But let's assume you can extend one without use of the franchise tag, and use the tag to trade one.

Scenario 1:
Colts offer you pick 15 for Jones
Sneed extends for 5/80

Scenario 2:
Lions offer you pick 29 for Sneed
Jones extends for 4/130

Which scenario do you feel leaves the Chiefs best suited for the next four years?
Which scenario do you feel eaves the Chiefs best suited for next year?
Which scenario do you go with and why?
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-25-2024, 12:18 PM   #2
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfyre View Post
I think the consensus is that in a vacuum, Jones is clearly worth more than Sneed.

But let's assume you can extend one without use of the franchise tag, and use the tag to trade one.

Scenario 1:
Colts offer you pick 15 for Jones
Sneed extends for 5/80

Scenario 2:
Lions offer you pick 29 for Sneed
Jones extends for 4/130

Which scenario do you feel leaves the Chiefs best suited for the next four years?
I take 1.

Want the higher pick and to see if I can grab Nabers.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-25-2024, 12:57 PM   #3
In Search of a Life

#1.

As much as I love Jones and the fact KC doesn’t win the last two Super Bowls without him, I think you can see he is slowing down a little. He’s great at knowing when to turn it on and make a big play, but there are times during games where he seems to saving his energy. He’s great, but it’s a young man’s game and I think the long term return on Sneed is greater. But, you do have to use one of those first round picks on a DT to replace him.
Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 01:39 PM   #4
Regular

If you are pushing in the chips for the three-peat, then you must resign Chris Jones. Long-term I don't like it but there it is. The Chiefs have always had a knack for drafting CB/S and not so much on DT talent.

I'm not sure you can't do both with some creative cap structures and co-operation from the players, but that is NOT a given.

The next question is how important is the three-peat to the players and can the parties meet in the middle. Pushing in for a three-peat has long term downside though
Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Oxford has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-25-2024, 01:48 PM   #5
Most Valuable Villain

Jones at that price? No thanks.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-25-2024, 02:12 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Jones at that price? No thanks.
I mean, this is really why I am all in on the franchise Sneed and let Jones test the market train. Any deal Chris Jones has indicated he would be willing to take is going to be 30+ AAV. In this case, I figure there it is structured thusly to allow you to split the bonus over four years.

So: 4/130, 90ish gty'd incl. 40MM signing bonus.
Salary/Roster bonuses: 10/20/25/35
Cap Number: 20/30/35/45
The out would then be year 4 for a 10MM dead cap saving 35MM in space.
Could out in year 3 for like 15MM in cap space savings, but with a 20MM dead hit.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 02-27-2024, 09:21 PM   #7
Inmem 2.0

Getting rid of Jones is a non starter trade Sneed sign a couple of bargain guys like Veach did with Edwards & Tranquill (easier said than done) and this team is on its way to it's 3rd straight super bowl
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-27-2024, 10:37 PM   #8
MVP

Neither scenario really gets you 4 years but I think 3 years. Having Chris Jones for those 3 years and then having time to find another dude is paramount. We have dudes at CB and they are much easier to find at that. I'd take scenario 2 and run to the bank.

I'd have a really hard time not wantingn Troy Franklin at 29 and Kamari Lassiter at 32 in that scenario, but I'd have this place screaming at me to get a LT. So, put me down as trading up from 29 to Philly at 22 and giving them my 3rd and a 5th.

Dependent on your board and trusted sources:
22 - LT Guyton or Suamataia
32 - WR Franklin or Worthy
64 - CB King or Tampa or DT Orhorhoro

I think that sets you up with a nice foundation going forward.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2024, 02:02 AM   #9
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post

Neither scenario really gets you 4 years but I think 3 years. Having Chris Jones for those 3 years and then having time to find another dude is paramount. We have dudes at CB and they are much easier to find at that. I'd take scenario 2 and run to the bank.

I'd have a really hard time not wantingn Troy Franklin at 29 and Kamari Lassiter at 32 in that scenario, but I'd have this place screaming at me to get a LT. So, put me down as trading up from 29 to Philly at 22 and giving them my 3rd and a 5th.

Dependent on your board and trusted sources:
22 - LT Guyton or Suamataia
32 - WR Franklin or Worthy
64 - CB King or Tampa or DT Orhorhoro

I think that sets you up with a nice foundation going forward.
I don't like King much and I might take the chance of flipping LT and WR picks around if it got me Brian Thomas, not sure it would.

I'd be pretty happy with this but also a bit nervy. Guyton is toolsy but raw, Worthy could be beaten to death by good press, and King looked pretty average in the Senior Bowl. I could see a route where it really hits and also one where it really misses.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-29-2024, 06:18 AM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
I don't like King much and I might take the chance of flipping LT and WR picks around if it got me Brian Thomas, not sure it would.

I'd be pretty happy with this but also a bit nervy. Guyton is toolsy but raw, Worthy could be beaten to death by good press, and King looked pretty average in the Senior Bowl. I could see a route where it really hits and also one where it really misses.
If King didn't have a down year this past season he'd likely be a top-10 pick. I'm looking at 2022 as the player he can be. He may be better as a #2 CB but I think with Watson and McDuffie, he doesn't have to be the dude and can relax. For a late 2nd-round pick, I'm okay with that. I'm okay if it's another guy too. My biggest concern is if he measures 5'10" or less instead of a healthy 5'11". One thing I will say is once you get past Lassiter, I think you're going to start finding warts, right, so you have to figure out who you think you can fix.

The LT situation is tough. There are a lot of RT prospects this year and not too many quality LT prospects. I think Guyton and Suamataia can play LT but it's hard to be sure. You're 100% correct that Guyton is raw. Hell, he's only played offense for two years. I feel more comfortable projecting Suamataia to LT than Guyton right now but I still think Guyton goes higher.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.