Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-01-2024, 11:36 AM  
The Insider

*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP

Last edited by ChiefsCountry; 02-13-2024 at 06:15 PM..
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2024, 03:11 PM   #466
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
That LH bat might be coming from Omaha.....
I want a major-league stick. Proven player. Easier said than done, though.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2024, 03:12 PM   #467
Champion Golfer Of The Year

Quote:
GA would let you buy two tickets per person. They were cheap; around $2 or $3 each.
$1.50 originally. Cost me to drive to and from Topeka, than my ticket.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Old 03-31-2024, 04:13 PM   #468
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I want a major-league stick. Proven player. Easier said than done, though.
True but Pratto is looking really good.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-31-2024, 09:23 PM   #469
Mod Team

My buddy is an avid Twins fan and he thinks the Royals will be second in the Central this year. He thinks they added enough pieces to win quite a few more games and really likes our starting rotation.

I'm still not sold.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2024, 09:41 AM   #470
MVP

April Fools.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-01-2024, 09:45 AM   #471
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post

April Fools.

That's a good April fools joke lol
Old 04-01-2024, 09:49 AM   #472
21st Century Schizoid Fan

That reminds me, the TWA museum at the old downtown airport in KC is really neat (if you're into that kind of stuff like I am).
siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.siberian khatru is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2024, 09:51 AM   #473
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

I like Maikel Garcia.

Has the frame to carry a little more weight/raw power and still maintain 30 SB speed. He gets a little too eager at times but seems to have a solid feel for the zone and good hands.

I don't think he's likely to ever be a 'traditional' 3b type with an .800 OPS and 30 homers. But I think you may see him develop into a 15 homer guy who challenges 20 one year, puts up a .780 OPS and steals 30 bases with tolerable K/BB numbers. I don't think he's a leadoff hitter, but he could be a lot of fun around the 7 hole.

I dunno - I started watching him a bit last year and he just seems to be quite a bit more talented than the prospect hounds thought. There are some loud(ish) tools there.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 09:57 AM   #474
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I like Maikel Garcia.

Has the frame to carry a little more weight/raw power and still maintain 30 SB speed. He gets a little too eager at times but seems to have a solid feel for the zone and good hands.

I don't think he's likely to ever be a 'traditional' 3b type with an .800 OPS and 30 homers. But I think you may see him develop into a 15 homer guy who challenges 20 one year, puts up a .780 OPS and steals 30 bases with tolerable K/BB numbers. I don't think he's a leadoff hitter, but he could be a lot of fun around the 7 hole.

I dunno - I started watching him a bit last year and he just seems to be quite a bit more talented than the prospect hounds thought. There are some loud(ish) tools there.
Yep. I've always been high on him. He's really a SS playinh 3B so hes really good over there and will get better.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2024, 11:24 AM   #475
The Insider

Quote:
I like Maikel Garcia.

I would love to see him settle in at second base.
Old 04-01-2024, 11:49 AM   #476
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry View Post
I would love to see him settle in at second base.
I think he'll mature out of the position.

He's not a small guy. And if you wanted to put another 10 lbs of muscle mass on him you probably could. You do that and he's not going to be as lithe as you'd like to see at 2b.

Now if the Royals have a hot-shit 3b prospect they need to clear a spot for, you do that (I truly have no idea). Or ultimately if Witt moves off SS and back to 3b (which seems likely as he matures). But that's a hell of along ways off.

I just think you hope to get 2-3 years of added offensive development and another 2-3 years thereafter of a really nice, if unconventional, offensive weapon at 3b. Anything beyond that is gravy.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2024, 12:43 PM   #477
The Insider

Quote:

He's not a small guy. And if you wanted to put another 10 lbs of muscle mass on him you probably could. You do that and he's not going to be as lithe as you'd like to see at 2b.

Now if the Royals have a hot-shit 3b prospect they need to clear a spot for, you do that (I truly have no idea). Or ultimately if Witt moves off SS and back to 3b (which seems likely as he matures). But that's a hell of along ways off.

I just think you hope to get 2-3 years of added offensive development and another 2-3 years thereafter of a really nice, if unconventional, offensive weapon at 3b. Anything beyond that is gravy.
He is a natural shortstop but he isn't replacing a generational talent like Bobby Witt. Very serviceable third baseman. I just think with his glove and bat, he would be elite at second base. Body type he could put some muscle on but judging by his cousins - Escobar and Ronald Acuna maybe not a whole lot.
Old 04-01-2024, 01:42 PM   #478
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:

Yeah, Garcia just is a really nice player. Not going to be a superstar or a centerpiece, but an above-average starter who contributes in a lot of ways.

I think he could handle 2nd if they can get a bigger bat that plays at 3B, but he's so good defensively there, it's not a major priority.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-01-2024, 03:05 PM   #479
I'll **** anything that moves!

I’d love to see Maikel Garcia settle in to a Joe Randa type of career, except with more defensive flexibility on the infield and more speed. I think he’s pretty close already.
GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-02-2024, 10:17 AM   #480
The Insider

Crazy stat on the season so far. 8 of the 15 runs allowed have been in the ninth inning.