Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-20-2022, 10:15 PM   #2
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by petegz28 View Post
, oh what you think you know. We have played 4 tournaments so far. 3 games in each tournament. We have won a total of 2 games. And that was because we played up a couple of kids from an Academy team.
Wait, didn't you say in the OP "In a tournament we won our first 2 games and were an automatic lock for the finals. The 3rd game literally meant absolutely nothing. I thought that was a pretty shitty way to handle that situation as we had 2 subs that game, it was very hot and all the kids played their ass off and we won 7-1."? Dude, that's 3 wins right there.

I'll repeat what I said earlier. YOU aren't happy with this coach and will probably never be. Just get your kid off this coach's team. YOU do it, don't wait for the league to do your dirty work for you.
oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.
Old 05-21-2022, 08:59 AM   #3
In Search of a Life

Quote:
, oh what you think you know. We have played 4 tournaments so far. 3 games in each tournament. We have won a total of 2 games. And that was because we played up a couple of kids from an Academy team.

And the coach you think is doing something right, ran them and the rest of our "good players" into the ground in a game that meant nothing and 3 hours later in the final they were gassed because our coach was so worried about winning a game that didn't matter.
I'm just going off the information presented in the OP. And one other post where the "favorites" thing came out.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-20-2022, 05:05 PM   #4
Champion Golfer Of The Year

So much petegeezus in this. Stop worrying about stupid stuff Pete. I know he’s your world and you love him with all your being.

You want to improve his life for the better? Put him in a normal league.

Spend that $3k annually on a math/science tutor. When he “walks on” at local university with an academic scholarship and zero expense to you and the husband, and comes out of it making more than his father, you can then look back and know you did it right.
WilliamTheIrish has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 08:21 AM   #5
Supporter

If any of you want to get into coaching this age, do it.

It's one of the most fulfilling things I've done. The kids listen well, and look up to you.

You'll never have a prouder moment then when they execute something you teach them to perfection.

I can be anywhere off season or during the season and I'll hear a kid yell "Coach!" and they'll come running to give me a high-5 and a hug.

I run a business, and it's just that, but the highlight of my week is practice and game day.

Do. It.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 08:33 AM   #6
Starter

Agree with those who basically say it’s way too early to get too concerned about this. I’ve been involved as a kid who played everything through HS (and collegiate tennis) and then coached it all when my son was playing. Mostly a great experience. Seen and heard it all.

It’s just too early to get your “panties in a bunch” about this. Much later - if there is some sort of issue - it’s far better to have your son to have that talk with the coach HIMSELF. It’s important to have him learn how to talk to the coach in a calm, respectful way. This was one of the things my own father did for me when I had an issue. He said I should go talk to the coach but don’t go in there with an attitude. My dad said the coach doesn’t have some sort of problem with me. It’s not personal. I did talk to the coach and it went well and learned a thing or two about my situation. And my dad was right. That talk didn’t get me more playing time but I understood what the coach said and we got along great.

Don’t fight your kid’s battles. Teach your kid how to handle them. But your son is merely 8 and you can’t really know anything re his abilities at this point. Kids who are amazing at 8 can be awful by the time they are 12. Or find something they enjoy more. At 8 it should be about having fun and trying different activities (and not merely sports). Expose them to a variety of activities and they will find what they enjoy.
Zhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Zhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Zhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Zhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Zhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Zhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Zhawk is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 05-20-2022, 09:46 AM   #7
Custom User Title

#justpetethings

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-20-2022, 11:13 AM   #8
The Dude Abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstater View Post
#justpetethings

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Mr. Kotter has disabled reputation
Old 05-20-2022, 01:50 PM   #9
Rookie

It's only soccer, and none of those kids are going to earn a dime playing it for a living. Leave the coach alone, and if your kid doesn't like the way the coach does his job, take him off the team.
AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 05-20-2022, 01:51 PM   #10
#triggering

Again for most of these situations, it is best to let the coach and kid figure it out. Parents should support the kid and cheer for them.

In this instance, admittedly ranking your kid in a spot where 6-7 others may play the game better... imagine that the coach sees that too. If this is a 'select' team, then yeah - let the coach coach and just support your son with practices and good words.

If this is a fun recreational league... same thing really. At this age, you're going to have a couple of rock star kids and the rest are supporting cast really. Just enjoy the time and help him set the right expectations.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 05-20-2022, 04:47 PM   #11
MVP

People lose their minds when they have children
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-20-2022, 07:41 PM   #12
Thank you

About a week ago I took one of the absolute nastiest dumps in my life. I should have been executed for how nasty it was
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2022, 08:40 PM   #13
What's up braj?

Pete have you ever had sex with a farm animal?
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2022, 08:48 PM   #14
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
Pete have you ever had sex with a farm animal?
Can you elaborate a bit on what exactly you mean by "farm" animal?
petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.petegz28 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2022, 08:49 PM   #15
What's up braj?

Quote:
Can you elaborate a bit on what exactly you mean by "farm" animal?
Horse, chicken, cow, goat, pig, etc.
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.