Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-04-2024, 08:43 PM  
I'll **** anything that moves!

So Just What Do We All Want Stadium-Wise?

This is a Chiefs board, so I know and expect to see some obvious bias toward the Chiefs over the Royals in this forum. This is weighted even moreso towards the Chiefs favor due to their incredible run over the past six years.

I know we all love the Chiefs, but there are a lot of Royals fans too. KC has historically been a very, very good sports town, and great host for the Chiefs and Royals. Weird that the teams never seem to be good at the same time, though maybe that will change if BWJr and the boys in blue can get something going during what is now the Mahomes Era.

But I digress... sorry, I get long-winded sometimes. What do we all want stadium-wise going forward? Enough of this sky is falling horseshit where both teams are getting their ducks in a row to get the hell out of KC. I don't buy that for a second. Maybe you don't agree, that's fine. But I really want to know what the people of this board would like to see happen, because there will be another vote within the next year or two with future proposals. So what do we want these proposals to ideally be?
GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.GabyKeepsMeWarm is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-05-2024, 08:24 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
You think the stadium is going to survive another 40 years?

Look, I know you love it and don't want anything to change. All I'm saying is that change is coming whether you like it or not.
I am only going by what the Chiefs themselves have asked for. I don't personally know anything about it. All around the world we see structures that stand for 100+ years, so it's not like some crazy pie in the sky idea. Lambeau is like 15 years older than Arrowhead and I haven't heard anything about them making a switch.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2024, 08:24 AM   #62
Veteran

People were so underwhelmed by these plans. I’m shocked that this is the best they could come up with. I think this really helped the no vote. It doesn’t enhance the game day experience for 95% of fans.

louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.louie aguiar Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 08:27 AM   #63
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by louie aguiar View Post
People were so underwhelmed by these plans. I’m shocked that this is the best they could come up with. I think this really helped the no vote. It doesn’t enhance the game day experience for 95% of fans.

That's absolutely why.

My understanding is that with the time value this was essentially going to cost taxpayers $2 billion over the duration of the extension and it just did NOTHING.

It wasn't anything resembling 'the best we could do' - it was just the best they were willing to do. Because they didn't really want to win in the first place.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2024, 08:29 AM   #64
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
I am only going by what the Chiefs themselves have asked for. I don't personally know anything about it. All around the world we see structures that stand for 100+ years, so it's not like some crazy pie in the sky idea. Lambeau is like 15 years older than Arrowhead and I haven't heard anything about them making a switch.
This is what the Chiefs asked for. VIP parking lot & entry, End Zone Suites, and more parking lot at the cost of what, $800 million?

Quote:

Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2024, 08:30 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
That's absolutely why.

My understanding is that with the time value this was essentially going to cost taxpayers $2 billion over the duration of the extension and it just did NOTHING.

It wasn't anything resembling 'the best we could do' - it was just the best they were willing to do. Because they didn't really want to win in the first place.
"NOTHING" (Except keep in tact the greatest home field advantage in all of sports and an iconic, historic venue.)
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2024, 08:31 AM   #66
Starter

Quote:

I get that and see why it failed. If you are going to spend that kind of taxpayer money the proposal needs to be something that's exciting for the fans to support and see benefit from.
CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.CapsLockKey must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-05-2024, 08:31 AM   #67
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Think about Hospitals they are constantly expanding. Those expansions are self-supporting structures independent of the original structure with expansion joints between them. Yet they open into the old building and become wings.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2024, 08:32 AM   #68
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Think about Hospitals they are constantly expanding. Those expansions are self-supporting structures independent of the original structure with expansion joints between them. Yet they open into the old building and become wings.
And they are used 365 days a year.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2024, 08:38 AM   #69
"You like to drink?"

Stay at Arrowhead. The Royals should find a way to move downtown and have some direct connection to PNL through point-to-point mass transit active on gamedays.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2024, 08:39 AM   #70
Andy Reid Supporter

Agree with DJ. They need a roof and this year made that abundantly clear. Fans having amputations is clearly not ideal. It’s not “football conditions”.

I’ve been to Arrowhead in rainy cold games and it’s honestly not fun. It’s not a fun experience for the price and the football isn’t as quality as it could be. I’m fine with warm games and snow games like the Colts 2018 playoff game being open. That’s fun. That’s football. But not -20 degree games like the Dolphins playoff game.

This helps fan experience and Clark gets a SB which will undoubtedly help Kansas City.

I’d love to have a retractable roof like the one in Toronto.

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2024, 08:47 AM   #71
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow View Post
This is what the Chiefs asked for. VIP parking lot & entry, End Zone Suites, and more parking lot at the cost of what, $800 million?
Obv. I am not a tax payer in the district, but the plan consisted a bunch of shit for the VIPs. More luxury suites and VIP entrances. Those are things that do not go into the revenue sharing, IIRC. Were I a taxpayer in the district, I would be spitting mad that Clark wanted me to foot the bill so he can put more money directly into his pocket and not improve the experience for the other 79,950 fans.
Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Nightfyre has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 08:48 AM   #72
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Agree with DJ. They need a roof and this year made that abundantly clear. Fans having amputations is clearly not ideal. It’s not “football conditions”.

I’ve been to Arrowhead in rainy cold games and it’s honestly not fun. It’s not a fun experience for the price and the football isn’t as quality as it could be. I’m fine with warm games and snow games like the Colts 2018 playoff game being open. That’s fun. That’s football. But not -20 degree games like the Dolphins playoff game.

This helps fan experience and Clark gets a SB which will undoubtedly help Kansas City.

I’d love to have a retractable roof like the one in Toronto.

That's a cool design.
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2024, 08:49 AM   #73
SNAP THE ****ING BALL!!!

Quote:
"NOTHING" (Except keep in tact the greatest home field advantage in all of sports and an iconic, historic venue.)
A billion dollars of tax payers money is required for that? Also, the Packers are owned by the city, aren't they? Of course they aren't talking about moving. If KC owned the Chiefs this wouldn't be an issue and we'd probably have bleachers, too.

I think the Chiefs threw out a half assed renovation plan and attached it to a doomed Royals proposal because they wanted to lose. Now they can say "we tried" and move to Kansas to have their shiny new stadium in the area they'd prefer. I don't want to leave Arrowhead and I'll miss it, but if this is what Clark wants, he's gonna get it.
kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.kysirsoze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2024, 08:50 AM   #74
"You like to drink?"

A passing thought I've had lately, perhaps ironically, KC could be suited for a dual purpose stadium if it were feasible to swap the playing surfaces of both sports out. Heck, with a roof and tinted glass, you could orient the batters' eye side of the baseball configuration to the west from the East Village site for the view of downtown.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-05-2024, 08:51 AM   #75
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kysirsoze View Post
A billion dollars of tax payers money is required for that? Also, the Packers are owned by the city, aren't they? Of course they aren't talking about moving. If KC owned the Chiefs this wouldn't be an issue and we'd probably have bleachers, too.
There are roughly a half dozen wealthy owners that control the Packers. The ownership certificates the fans own in the form of "stock" are trinkets.