Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:12 AM   #9106
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
We still don't have widespread testing. NY isn't even testing people with coronavirus like symptoms due to testing shortages.
Part of that is celebrities and athletes getting tested that don't need to be.
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:13 AM   #9107
Shit

Yep the ham was full to the brim so I bought 3
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:18 AM   #9108
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
and a very old population
Italians have older population, and higher life expectancy because they have good healthcare system , but that is now hitting them in the ass. Ironic
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:19 AM   #9109
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
I'd be concerned starting on anyone on that combo w/ a QT interval greater than 475. Over 500 would be an absolute CI d/t Torsades risk.

I don't know if we should be dispensing outpatient Rx for it at all. If most carriers are asymptomatic, I think you're only encouraging resistance with limited clinical benefit while also depriving people w/ RA and Lupus of a necessary medication.

I'm a bit curious about the use of azithromycin at all given increasing Strep pneumo resistance (maybe try Doxy instead). The trial said it was used to prevent bacterial superinfection, but the real benefit might be from its anti-inflammatory properties.
The azithromycin data was less clear than the initial data on plaquenil.

Who is going to perform screening EKG on these Covid patients in the outpatient setting?

I share your concerns.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:20 AM   #9110
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
Italians have older population, and higher life expectancy because they have good healthcare system , but that is now hitting them in the ass. Ironic
Oh really?
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:20 AM   #9111

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Part of that is celebrities and athletes getting tested that don't need to be.
Apparently they do since they all seem to have it.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:21 AM   #9112
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
So you are ok with the ones that don't have symptoms yet getting access to tests when people with symptoms can't get it?
007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.007 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:22 AM   #9113
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
Weird isn't it? LA Marathon was 2 weeks ago today, 25,000+ runners from over 60 countries and no telling how many spectators.

Not been a peep about exposures or spreads because of it so far. I guess non famous athletes have better immune systems.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:23 AM   #9114
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
Same thing around here. They're running low on about every other kind of meat but there's plenty of ham.
Yeah I mean I'll admit, I took a pass on the ham myself. I do ham about once a year. I bought a big one in February because there was a hell of a sale going one and it was dirt cheap.

If I get in a real jam, I know a bunch of ranchers around here and I can always cut a good deal on a tasty angus. All I need is a big roll of freezer paper and I can turn my garage into a meat processing facility in about an hour. I have processed a bunch of deer and elk in the past, so no big deal.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:23 AM   #9115

Quote:
So you are ok with the ones that don't have symptoms yet getting access to tests when people with symptoms can't get it?
No.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:23 AM   #9116
Diablo Negro

Quote:
I think he is questioning the oddity of the high % of celebrities/ athletes testing positive.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:24 AM   #9117
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Unfortunately, money and power can overrule fairness in a crisis.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:24 AM   #9118
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
I think he is questioning the oddity of the high % of celebrities/ athletes testing positive.
I'm was never referring to the ones that already had symptoms.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:25 AM   #9119
Shaken. Not stirred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Unfortunately, money and power can overrule fairness in a crisis.
So just accept it. Nah
Old 03-22-2020, 09:26 AM   #9120
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
This is kind of jacked up as food manufacturing and distribution is considered critical task and should not be stopped.
I have no idea who his supplier is, but the butcher said he had no idea when, or if his supplier was going to reopen and that if it were to reopen, it could be a long time.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.