Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-07-2013, 11:41 AM  
Resident Glue Sniffer

The Motorcycle Discussion Thread

I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75

Last edited by Dayze; 10-29-2016 at 09:02 PM..
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:25 AM   #691
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaofred View Post
Ok, now I believe it happened... Looks great!
Pics. It happened.
Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dayze is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:26 AM   #692
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Sweet ass bike Dayze. Do you ever plan to ride it?
Haha. I already have 1500 miles on her, and I got her on Sept 28th. Not bad considering the weather. I pretty much ride whenever weather permits. Even if it's just to go up and get a can of dip, or run an errand that doesn't require me to haul anything. Fun bike to ride.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:27 AM   #693
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUte View Post
Nice work. Pictures just don't do that paint justice, I love it.

Man, I want to ride.
You're right. When it's in the sun, it's incredible. I've received lots of compliments on the paint alone while parked at places etc.

I've still yet to see another 72 on the road here locally; let alone one with the candied paint.

Last edited by Dayze; 02-12-2014 at 10:40 AM..
Old 02-12-2014, 10:32 AM   #694
Resident Glue Sniffer

I'm so glad she fired up on the first shot; even though the idle was screwy. as soon as I plugged in the IAC connector and fired it up, immediately idled correctly, and it was the first time I'd heard it properly idle with the new pipes. and they sound KICK ASS. blipping the throttle and revving it a bit, it sounds like a beast.

it's funny, when I replaced the air cleaner, I didn't expect much difference, but man,...you can REALLY hear it start to suck the air in when starting it up. like it's gulping down some air just before it fires up.

Can't wait to ride it with the new set up.
The rear O2 harness is going to be a bitch to get to in order to install the XiED. Not looking forward to that one.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:34 AM   #695
THE RED MENACE

You gotta feel like a sail on that bad boy.
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:43 AM   #696
Resident Glue Sniffer

yeah. Windy days beat the crap out of me on the highway. I rode it to a bike show a few weeks back that was gusting like crazy - my fuel light usually comes on right at 60-65 miles right on the nose every time; this time it came on at 50.

plus, the seat doesn't give much confidence when accelerating hard or on windy head-winds....feels like I'll slid off lol. I've gotten used to it now, however.

It's definitely a bar hopper, or something to bomb around town on. It's sweet spot from a cruising perspective is right about 60. It'll go 70+ all day long with power, but 60 seems just right from an RPM perspective. It only has a 5 speed, so that has a lot to do with it.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:44 AM   #697
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayze View Post
I'm so glad she fired up on the first shot; even though the idle was screwy. as soon as I plugged in the IAC connector and fired it up, immediately idled correctly, and it was the first time I'd heard it properly idle with the new pipes. and they sound KICK ASS. blipping the throttle and revving it a bit, it sounds like a beast.

it's funny, when I replaced the air cleaner, I didn't expect much difference, but man,...you can REALLY hear it start to suck the air in when starting it up. like it's gulping down some air just before it fires up.

Can't wait to ride it with the new set up.
The rear O2 harness is going to be a bitch to get to in order to install the XiED. Not looking forward to that one.
I had the Harley shop put on all my accessories when I bought my bike. They put on one called the Big Sucker. It's like what you described of yours. You can actually hear it sucking air when you get on the throttle.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:47 AM   #698
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
I had the Harley shop put on all my accessories when I bought my bike. They put on one called the Big Sucker. It's like what you described of yours. You can actually hear it sucking air when you get on the throttle.

I put on the Arlen Ness Big Sucker; probably the one you have. Arlen Ness is a popular A/C for HD's.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:42 AM
jallmon
This message has been deleted by jallmon. Reason: Pix rotated?
Old 02-12-2014, 11:50 AM   #699
Veteran

Wife and I each got 2013 Harley Ultra Classice Limited in September.

Next Friday it should be in the 50s here in Pgh, so we will get them out!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HD-FLHTK.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	106299  
jallmon would the whole thing.jallmon would the whole thing.jallmon would the whole thing.jallmon would the whole thing.jallmon would the whole thing.jallmon would the whole thing.jallmon would the whole thing.jallmon would the whole thing.jallmon would the whole thing.jallmon would the whole thing.jallmon would the whole thing.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:52 AM   #700
Resident Glue Sniffer

Noice. Ultra or Street Glide is going to be my next bike down the road.

I might even keep the 72, and just turn the motor into a mean little beast.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:52 AM   #701
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Haha. I already have 1500 miles on her, and I got her on Sept 28th. Not bad considering the weather. I pretty much ride whenever weather permits. Even if it's just to go up and get a can of dip, or run an errand that doesn't require me to haul anything. Fun bike to ride.
Cool. When you get old you need to spend your winters here in AZ so you can ride year round...
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #702
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Cool. When you get old you need to spend your winters here in AZ so you can ride year round...
that would be most excellent.
owning a bike, and having it sitting in the garage for 4-5 months a year due to winter blows. walking past it every day....
Old 02-12-2014, 12:05 PM   #703
Veteran

I don't really care for fairings as a personal preference. Are bikes like the ultra's up there ever without fairings?
allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.allen_kcCard would the whole thing.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:22 AM   #704
Resident Glue Sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard View Post
I don't really care for fairings as a personal preference. Are bikes like the ultra's up there ever without fairings?
I 'think' (just going off of memory) the wiring for the head lamps/running lights etc goes in/through the fairing. I'm sure you can remove it, but it might be a pain.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:58 AM   #705
Supporter

Quote:
that would be most excellent.
owning a bike, and having it sitting in the garage for 4-5 months a year due to winter blows. walking past it every day....
So true.

Damn you, winter!
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.