Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-29-2019, 03:15 PM  
Can these boys not play?

EEBS: Question about compressors and nail guns

So, some early evening BS question for youz...

I'm looking for a small little pancake compressor and a nail gun. First off, can those little things run a decent size nail gun? And does anyone have any recommendations for the compressor or nail gun.

There are tons of companies that make the compressors, in particular. Bostitch, Porter & Cable, etc.. people I don't generally buy tools from.

Would love some voice of experience before I drop a couple hundred dineros.
ChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-29-2019, 03:35 PM   #2
SuperChiefs

The pancake compressors are good for finish nailers, but won't work well for framing. Do yourself a favor and spend the money on a good compressor.

I'm a big fan of Dewalt
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2019, 03:36 PM   #3
Supporter

I have three nail guns, thanks to a thread a long time ago on here. Mine are Senco I believe.

What do you want to do with your nail gun? Framing? Finishing? Trim?

I bought a cheap little $75 compressor at Sears that keeps up with them just fine.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2019, 03:41 PM   #4
Fish are scared of me

I bought one of those little pancake compressors a few years back. Bostitch. It came with three nail guns with the largest that shoots a 16 guage nail up to 2 1/2" long. I've been using it tons the last 3 weeks. I had to replace 9 windows and trim them out and it's absolutely great. Best investment ever next to my Kimber 1911.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2019, 03:42 PM   #5
Veteran

If it's inside trim you're doing, skip the compressor and buy a lithium ion battery nail gun from DeWalt. No hoses or compressor noise to worry about.
tyreekthefreak must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tyreekthefreak must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tyreekthefreak must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tyreekthefreak must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tyreekthefreak must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tyreekthefreak must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tyreekthefreak must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tyreekthefreak must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tyreekthefreak must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tyreekthefreak must have mowed badgirl's lawn.tyreekthefreak must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 03:46 PM   #6
Can these boys not play?

The nail gun is for light construction mostly... siding and flooring on toolsheds, etc.. So a fairly heavy duty framing nail gun?

I have no electricity on my property yet, so this is in conjunction with a generator. So, being fairly portable and light is a bonus. My workshop (which I am finally starting to get quotes on from builders) will have a separate closet for a 100 gallon compressor.. but I assume this would be useful moving forward for portability.
ChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChiefGator 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-29-2019, 03:52 PM   #7
Can these boys not play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flachief58 View Post
The pancake compressors are good for finish nailers, but won't work well for framing. Do yourself a favor and spend the money on a good compressor.

I'm a big fan of Dewalt
Really? That would be disappointing, I must say... was hoping for portability.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:02 PM   #8
Can these boys not play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
I bought one of those little pancake compressors a few years back. Bostitch. It came with three nail guns with the largest that shoots a 16 guage nail up to 2 1/2" long. I've been using it tons the last 3 weeks. I had to replace 9 windows and trim them out and it's absolutely great. Best investment ever next to my Kimber 1911.
Are the nail guns Bostitch as well?
Old 03-29-2019, 04:04 PM   #9
Veteran

I have a 20 gallon (roughly) IR Compressor on Wheels that's fairly portable. It's easy to wheel around at least. It runs all of my air tools just fine. It will bog with Cut-Off tools and my die grinder, but it will still run them.
chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.chinaski Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:05 PM   #10
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGator View Post
Are the nail guns Bostitch as well?
Yep, it all came together in one box I bought at Lowes for around $260
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:08 PM   #11
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefGator View Post
The nail gun is for light construction mostly... siding and flooring on toolsheds, etc.. So a fairly heavy duty framing nail gun?

I have no electricity on my property yet, so this is in conjunction with a generator. So, being fairly portable and light is a bonus. My workshop (which I am finally starting to get quotes on from builders) will have a separate closet for a 100 gallon compressor.. but I assume this would be useful moving forward for portability.
This is what you need, friend.

Do your work, then throw it in the back of your pickup when your farm gets up and running and you get your shop unit installed. I welded a bar between the handlebars and mounted a hose reel to it.

Pretty invaluable on my farm (IMO at least)

This is where I got it, but I imagine you can get one closer. Just make damn sure it has a Honda motor. Everything else is hot garbage. Especially Bolts and Scrapiron (Briggs and Stratton).
https://www.ncaircompressors.com/gas-portables.html
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:21 PM   #12
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
This is what you need, friend.

Do your work, then throw it in the back of your pickup when your farm gets up and running and you get your shop unit installed. I welded a bar between the handlebars and mounted a hose reel to it.

Pretty invaluable on my farm (IMO at least)

This is where I got it, but I imagine you can get one closer. Just make damn sure it has a Honda motor. Everything else is hot garbage. Especially Bolts and Scrapiron (Briggs and Stratton).
https://www.ncaircompressors.com/gas-portables.html
This. And the reel idea is genius
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2019, 04:21 PM   #13
GDT white noise poster

Make sure you keep the attack short otherwise your tone will sounds squished.

Oh... wrong compressor thread...sorry
DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-29-2019, 06:33 PM   #14
Supporter

We run 3 of these putting in wood floor and trim. They take a shitload of non-stop abuse and keep going. It has a bunch of capacity and plenty power to recharge quickly.

We put a splitter on one of the outlets and it handled 3 15 gauge floor staplers without breaking a sweat

Makita Mac5200

notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-29-2019, 06:36 PM   #15
Supporter

Oh, no power? What Buehler said.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.