Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2024, 07:56 PM   #18016
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
It works for celery as well

Hell yeah. That stuff is always going bad on me, thx bud.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2024, 07:59 PM   #18017
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Lol, just discovered that you can keep lettuce for several MONTHS just by wrapping it in aluminum foil after bringing it home from the store. Doesn't have to be tightly wrapped, just completely wrapped. I just checked mine (iceberg in this case), which is a half a head, and it's still bright green and fresh smelling after two months.

No idea how this works, or whether it works with other veggies, but I'm wrapping some whole carrots in foil after dinner.

Peace.
I question "months" for any lettuce. Oxygen is the enemy of lettuce. Foil doesn't keep lettuce from oxidizing.

That being said, I wash, dry and put lettuce in a vacuum container with a paper towel. Lasts about a month before it starts to turn. Not bad.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-25-2024, 08:01 PM   #18018
MVP

Put celery in a container and submerge in water. Put in coldest part of fridge. Lasts a long time.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 03-25-2024, 08:02 PM   #18019
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
I question "months" for any lettuce. Oxygen is the enemy of lettuce. Foil doesn't keep lettuce from oxidizing.

That being said, I wash, dry and put lettuce in a vacuum container with a paper towel. Lasts about a month before it starts to turn. Not bad.

I was very skeptical as well. But I've got fresh lettuce two months after purchase and all I did was wrap it in foil. Try it is all I can say at this point.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2024, 08:05 PM   #18020
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Put celery in a container and submerge in water. Put in coldest part of fridge. Lasts a long time.
Avocados keep submerged in water for a month or so from what I’ve found. Let them get ripe on the counter then make sure they’re fully submerged in a jar and they’re just fine to use as you see fit. I buy the bag of six from Aldi for my daughter and have success with this method. Saw it on instagram or something
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 08:07 PM   #18021
MVP

Quote:
I was very skeptical as well. But I've got fresh lettuce two months after purchase and all I did was wrap it in foil. Try it is all I can say at this point.
I use lettuce faster than that. It's 3 to 4 weeks max. Not looking to do a science experiment.
Old 03-25-2024, 08:11 PM   #18022
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
I use lettuce faster than that. It's 3 to 4 weeks max. Not looking to do a science experiment.

Yeah, this is kind of a new problem. Though being Korean we use green and redleaf lettuce plus iceberg, so at times we have three or four heads of lettuce in the house but now there's only two of us, so it can sit for awhile.
Old 03-25-2024, 08:14 PM   #18023
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Yeah, this is kind of a new problem. Though being Korean we use green and redleaf lettuce plus iceberg, so at times we have three or four heads of lettuce in the house but now there's only two of us, so it can sit for awhile.
That's deep kimshi
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2024, 08:16 PM   #18024
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptlyon View Post
That's deep kimshi

Lol, and cabbage. Will have to try cabbage, thx.
Old 03-25-2024, 08:23 PM   #18025
MVP

I love me some fermented veggies. I make homemade sauerkraut all the time.

There's an El Salvadoran restaurant that I frequent that serves fermented veggies in a jar. I ask how they do it, but they politely smile and change the subject.
Old 03-25-2024, 08:28 PM   #18026
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
I love me some fermented veggies. I make homemade sauerkraut all the time.

There's an El Salvadoran restaurant that I frequent that serves fermented veggies in a jar. I ask how they do it, but they politely smile and change the subject.

Just out of curiosity, what's in it? Or do you have a name for it?
Old 03-25-2024, 08:39 PM   #18027
MVP

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what's in it? Or do you have a name for it?
Curtido. It's cabbage based. They do a unique version with additional veggies and spice.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curtido
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 08:42 PM   #18028
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Curtido. It's cabbage based. They do a unique version with additional veggies and spice.

Was curious if I'd ever eaten/seen it before, but no. At least not any time recently.
Old 03-25-2024, 09:19 PM   #18029
Snacks Are Under My Apron

I slummed it with a Filet-o-Fish
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-25-2024, 09:46 PM   #18030
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:

That literally made my mouth water...
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.