Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2020, 04:20 PM   #2836
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Wow. I can get a pistol same day here
Welcome to Lovely Illinois!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveSteam View Post
Did you buy any military grade buckshot?
Wal-Mart usually has it in 5 rounds for 5 bucks.
It patters nice.
Definitely buying a bunch of ammo when I go pay for it, 00 and slugs... any brand names to look out for?
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 04:33 PM   #2837
The Constitutional Choo choo

Not really. Wal mart here has the military grade buckshot.
Some slugs are meant for rifled barrels and some slugs for smooth. IIRC?
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2020, 04:52 PM   #2838
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
What I REALLY wanted is an AK47, but that’s just too steep for my blood right now... oh well, I think a 45 and a 12 gauge is enough for now

My Brother - If you can't take care of the "problem" with a .45 and a 12 gauge - RUN!!

Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2020, 04:54 PM   #2839
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
Welcome to Lovely Illinois!

Definitely buying a bunch of ammo when I go pay for it, 00 and slugs... any brand names to look out for?

Most of all the brand names - Winchester, Federal, etc will do you good. For whatever it's worth, Maybe this will help.....

https://www.ammoman.com/12-gauge
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:05 PM   #2840
pie is never free

Quote:
Not really. Wal mart here has the military grade buckshot.
Some slugs are meant for rifled barrels and some slugs for smooth. IIRC?
I’ll be sure to ask this guy about milspec

This ones a smooth bore, but he did say it took slugs

Here’s my thing, while I’ve shot different pals various guns from a 16 gauge bird gun to an SKS, 90% of my firearm experience is the M16 so there’s a lot I don’t know about all of this

Only firearm I’ve ever even owned is this Springfield 45

*puffs chest out* but only once in four years did I fail to qualify as an Army Expert shooter... so I at least know the basics of shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post
My Brother - If you can't take care of the "problem" with a .45 and a 12 gauge - RUN!!

Heh yeah usually true, but it’s nice to have the ability to reach out and touch someone at greater ranges... I’ll get that AK eventually
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:48 AM   #2841
In my youth i pray to keep

Just picked up 500 rds of 7.62x39 from Sgammo and some Croatian AK mags.

I was totally unaware that my local Walmart kucked itself on ammo sells. NO pistol ammo at all? They only had .22lr and shotgun shells. Looks like all my ammo purchases are going online.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:01 PM   #2842
pie is never free

Brought this Mossberg home today, along with a 25 pack of Winchester cheapo field loads, a 15 pack of Federal 00 and slugs apiece

She’s a purty gal, she’s simple but beautiful... yet I’m already wanting to shorten that barrel for home defense, old girl is kinda meaty in this version
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 08:38 AM   #2843

Here ya go. 18.5 inch
https://www.opticsplanet.com/mossber...n-barrels.html
LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.LiveSteam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-06-2020, 08:43 AM   #2844

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
Just picked up 500 rds of 7.62x39 from Sgammo and some Croatian AK mags.

I was totally unaware that my local Walmart kucked itself on ammo sells. NO pistol ammo at all? They only had .22lr and shotgun shells. Looks like all my ammo purchases are going online.
Back in 1991. I walked into Sole's pawnshop here in Omaha and for 150 bucks i walked out with a 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 and a new unissued 1954 Russian Tula SKS. Man them were the days.
Old 06-06-2020, 10:06 AM   #2845
In my youth i pray to keep

Quote:
Back in 1991. I walked into Sole's pawnshop here in Omaha and for 150 bucks i walked out with a 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 and a new unissued 1954 Russian Tula SKS. Man them were the days.
My dad gifted me the Norinco he got at a gun show for about $120 back in the mid 90s. It even came with some china sport ammo that's long been banned in the united states.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-07-2020, 08:11 AM   #2846
Reset

I’m about to pull the trigger on a mossberg 590 shockwave for home defense. And retire the browning A-5 to collector’s item status.
2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.2112 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-07-2020, 06:57 PM   #2847
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2112 View Post
I’m about to pull the trigger on a mossberg 590 shockwave for home defense. And retire the browning A-5 to collector’s item status.
Have you had the opportunity to shoot a 10mm yet?
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-08-2020, 08:30 PM   #2848
Admitted Planet Junky

Holy shit. I swear I could see Bwana, MOhillbilly as the gun/truck owner in this video.

Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-08-2020, 09:06 PM   #2849
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Holy shit. I swear I could see Bwana, MOhillbilly as the gun/truck owner in this video.

That's some funny shit right there.........
Old 06-09-2020, 01:11 AM   #2850

I actually did something i dont normally do.
I went to Cabelas. They had a German MG-34 for sale and I got to hold and fiddle with it for a few seconds.