Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2022, 02:02 PM   #2
Supporter

Thought this was interesting.

Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 03:16 PM   #3
Sometimes it's black and white

Can our grid handle heat waves without asking residents and businesses to cut back on electrical use?

The country needs more investment.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 03:55 PM   #4
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Fascinating, that was interesting to see it all laid out like that. Clearly there are issues, but in theory they should be surmountable, especially given how slow the adoption curve likely will be.

On a random note, we switched to Time of Use pricing a year or so ago for some of the reasons he mentioned. The electric company doesn't want people charging in the summer afternoons because of all of air conditioners in use, so they give a huge discount for charging at night. Works out great for me, and I bet we'll see more and more of that over time.

(Weird video format, though. I'm not sure I could safely drive through those windy areas without being too distracted by the numbers he was spouting.)
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-14-2023, 12:19 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post

I believe that thanks to salvage car auctions like abetter.bid people will still own gas cars for a long time, my opinion.
If gas cars are banned then I guess that EV owners will face a number of challenges of which grid is not the main one, I suppose.

Last edited by Kopinto; 03-01-2023 at 03:00 PM..
Kopinto is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Kopinto is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Kopinto is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Kopinto is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Kopinto is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 03-28-2023, 01:30 PM   #6
Cynical Misanthrope

Electric Vehicles are the Yugo of the 21st Century:

https://issuesinsights.com/2023/03/2...-21st-century/

Biggest reason for this conclusion: They cost way too much to repair. Because of how the batteries are constructed, there is no cheap way to fix them so they must be replaced. Thus, even a low-mileage EV with a damaged battery is totaled.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2023, 01:35 PM   #7
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post

Biggest reason for this conclusion: They cost way too much to repair. Because of how the batteries are constructed, there is no cheap way to fix them so they must be replaced. Thus, even a low-mileage EV with a damaged battery is totaled.
That website popped up some Google is silencing conservative voices! disclaimer so I didn’t read. Thanks for the synopsis
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2023, 01:48 PM   #8
Cynical Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
That website popped up some Google is silencing conservative voices! disclaimer so I didn’t read. Thanks for the synopsis
Didn't pop up for me. Got the link from Instapundit, who, while definitely right-leaning, is generally pretty level-headed and not prone to wild conspiracy theories. Thanks for the heads up. I try to not post from sites that are over-the-top.
frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.frozenchief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2023, 01:49 PM   #9
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenchief View Post

My Tesla has been the cheapest car to own Ive ever had. Had it for like 5 years now.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-28-2023, 02:22 PM   #10
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
My Tesla has been the cheapest car to own Ive ever had. Had it for like 5 years now.
No kidding - that article makes absolutely zero sense. If we were making decisions about car technology based on how likely it is they would be totaled in an accident, we'd all be driving 1970s F150s.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-01-2023, 07:58 AM   #11
Supporter

Range Anxiety

Detroit's Electric Road

The city of Detroit opened the country's first road capable of wirelessly charging

electric vehicles as they drive this week, a key step toward wider adoption of the technology. The quarter-mile demonstration project is meant to show the feasibility of wireless charging as a supplement to an eventual nationwide charging network for electric vehicles.

The technology relies on magnetic resonance induction, similar to wireless charging for cellphones and other devices (and discovered by Nikola Tesla). Effectively, large copper coils placed under the road create a magnetic field, which induces an electric current in a receiver in the car as it drives through, thereby charging the battery (watch 101). The process is not harmful to humans.

In the demonstration, the charging rate reportedly reached as high as 19 kW, a small percentage of the stored energy needed to power an average electric vehicle during regular use.

Analysts say the enhanced roads may help address "range anxiety"—a concern of potential consumers worried electric vehicles can only travel limited distances.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-01-2023, 08:34 AM   #12
Supporter

How much will that cost to construct?
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-01-2023, 12:55 PM   #13
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Doesn't really matter - paid for by tax dollars I'm sure - so it is free!!

Wooohoooo - Free Stuff!
BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 01:02 PM   #14
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I can't even imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAVER View Post
Doesn't really matter - paid for by tax dollars I'm sure - so it is free!!

Wooohoooo - Free Stuff!
Yep, for sure. And how are they going to tax these EVs since they don't pay the fuel tax?
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-01-2023, 01:12 PM   #15
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
I can't even imagine.

Yep, for sure. And how are they going to tax these EVs since they don't pay the fuel tax?
Many states charge extra on your property taxes. I pay an extra $50/year.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote