Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2024, 03:03 PM   #2
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv View Post
It was kind of weird, for me anyway. It took me about a week to get used to it, and things felt normal. I used it for about 9 months before skipping a night (I forgot to take it on an overnight trip my husband and I went on). I thought it wouldn't be a big deal, since it was just one night. The following day, I was like, "Wow. Did I feel this bad before? Was everyday like this?" Thinking back, I guess it was. So, for me, it wasn't so much an instant feeling better as much as it was that my new normal had changed and I hadn't really realized just how bad my old normal was.
When I say "I cant live without it, I mean it two ways"
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2024, 01:15 PM   #3
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
Picked this up yesterday. Surprised at how quiet it is.

About how long to start feeling better from not almost dying in my sleep every night?
Immediately.

Edit: well, as far as that brain fog feeling goes.

Last edited by Sassy Squatch; 01-23-2024 at 02:08 PM..
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2024, 02:00 PM   #4
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:

About how long to start feeling better from not almost dying in my sleep every night?
It will take your body some time to catch up from the sleep deficit you've been operating under. I got mine in early 2015. Took about 3 months, as I recall. Once I got there, and really started sleeping, I lost about 10 pounds over the course of a few months just from simply sleeping properly for the first time in my life.

It's going to be amazing for you.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 03:00 PM   #5
It was not a fair catch

Quote:

If you use it religiously, not long.

I felt better the first night, did not get a headache that day. Did not wake up at 2 am to go to the bath room.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-23-2024, 03:10 PM   #6
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:

Dude, you are going to feel so good. Because you were struggling to breath and quiting breathing. You rarely if ever got to REMIII sleep. Thats where you dream and get your best sleep.

If you can tolerate it, get the nose CPAP it will be alot easier long term but others say the masks are the bomb. It gets easier as time goes on. It'll be a rough sledding at first but once you hit REMIII sleep, you'll be motivated to continue.

Last edited by BigRedChief; 01-23-2024 at 03:20 PM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 09:53 PM   #7
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Dude, you are going to feel so good. Because you were struggling to breath and quiting breathing. You rarely if ever got to REMIII sleep. Thats where you dream and get your best sleep.

If you can tolerate it, get the nose CPAP it will be alot easier long term but others say the masks are the bomb. It gets easier as time goes on. It'll be a rough sledding at first but once you hit REMIII sleep, you'll be motivated to continue.
Unfortunately I have polyps in my sinuses that cause issues breathing through nose at times and have to breath like a neanderthal.
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 01-23-2024, 10:28 PM   #8
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Unfortunately I have polyps in my sinuses that cause issues breathing through nose at times and have to breath like a neanderthal.
I had a deviated septum. Probably some punch to the nose 35 years ago but no matter its origin, I couldn’t wear the CPAP for 6 weeks.

I felt like shit not getting into REMIII sleep. It’ll take you a while to get use to it but the first time you can tolerate it and sleep for just 4 hours…… man you’ll feel the best you have in years.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:39 PM   #9
Starter

That's awesome, good sleep is a life-changer. I couldn't do the res med 11, but I have been sleeping MUCH better just using a nasal dilator and ashwagandah or melatonin. I don't know what my sleep stats are now or how it affects my central apnea, but I have completely stopped waking up in a sweaty "panic". I usually only wake up once or twice a nice now, which was unfathomable a few months ago.
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:43 PM   #10

Took an at-home test last month. The test wasn't a big deal, just one night of less than ideal sleep conditions. But it showed a green light the next morning which says it captured what it needed. The lab received it and let me know I've been diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea. Appointment to review and discuss later this month.

A CPAP sounds miserable. I took the test because I snore, but I generally sleep heavy and don't get tired or sleepy during the day. So it's hard to envision wearing a mask at night. Other option is an Inspire implant solution. We'll see.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-11-2023, 10:17 PM   #11
Veteran

Quote:
There is a sleep apnea thread that has a lot of feedback and advice in the thread.
^ This

I swear by my CPAP. Did the home test. Tested bad. Finding the right mask is key.

I like this: the Halo. You can sleep on your side or back

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/s...Tg_EA&usqp=CAc

Last edited by Holladay; 12-11-2023 at 10:23 PM..
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-12-2023, 01:15 AM   #12
Starter

Quote:
Doing an at home sleep apnea test later this week.

I am sure there are others here that have done this.

How annoying is the test and how long did it take you to get used to a CPAP if one was prescribed?

I also like to travel and dispersed camp. Any suggestions for battery packs or other accessories once?
It is fairly annoying. I have had 4 done. 2 at home and 2 in a controlled environment. The hospital ones were hard to get through as it’s simply not your usual environment.

I think it really depends on if they give you something to help you sleep or not. Also not to scare you but even if a test is negative that doesn’t necessarily mean you don’t have it. Home tests are more inaccurate.

I will circle back to myself. Had 4 done and no Apnea….BUT…. My oxygen drops at night a bit. They have no good idea why besides medication or me needing to get in better shape. So I was prescribed oxygen I use some nights and I feel much better.

My point is ask lots of questions and be your own best advocate. You know if you feel shit or not. If you do have it your improved quality of life will make the equipment seem small.
Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.Fishels is not part of the Right 53.
Old 12-12-2023, 07:37 AM   #13
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishels View Post
It is fairly annoying. I have had 4 done. 2 at home and 2 in a controlled environment. The hospital ones were hard to get through as it’s simply not your usual environment.

I think it really depends on if they give you something to help you sleep or not. Also not to scare you but even if a test is negative that doesn’t necessarily mean you don’t have it. Home tests are more inaccurate.

I will circle back to myself. Had 4 done and no Apnea….BUT…. My oxygen drops at night a bit. They have no good idea why besides medication or me needing to get in better shape. So I was prescribed oxygen I use some nights and I feel much better.

My point is ask lots of questions and be your own best advocate. You know if you feel shit or not. If you do have it your improved quality of life will make the equipment seem small.
I already know I need a CPAP. I wake up constantly, snore loud enough to wake the entire block and my wife says I stop breathing and then start gasping for air.
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 12-12-2023, 09:45 AM   #14
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
I already know I need a CPAP. I wake up constantly, snore loud enough to wake the entire block and my wife says I stop breathing and then start gasping for air.
again, I hope everything works out for you and you find something that works.

You dont deserve to live like that , and truthfuly, wont live like that for too long.
Old 12-12-2023, 09:56 AM   #15
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
again, I hope everything works out for you and you find something that works.

You dont deserve to live like that , and truthfuly, wont live like that for too long.
Thx. I am looking forward to it. Too many years of interrupted sleep.