Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-24-2024, 04:30 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****2024 NFL DRAFT THREAD - NO SPOILERS*****

Version 2024 - PATRICK MAHOMES & THE HUNT FOR THE THREEPEAT

Let's ****ing do this.

Quote:
Rules for once the draft begins:
  1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's So and So to Green Bay) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").
  2. Don't be a dick.
Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny. I'll also be starting player threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. These separate threads will be made as soon as the news breaks, outside of this thread. I will link the threads below. Pure knee-jerk gold to reference in the future.

Here are our picks:

Round 1, #28: Xavier Worthy
Round 2, #63: Kingsley Suamataia
Round 4, #131: Jared Wiley
Round 4, #133: Jaden Hicks
Round 5, #159: Hunter Nourzad
Round 6, #211: Kamal Hadden
Round 7, #248: C.J. Hanson

Here is a list of the prospects the Chiefs have shown interest in this year.

View the 2023 Draft thread here
View the 2022 Draft thread here
View the 2021 Draft thread here
View the 2020 Draft thread here
View the 2019 Draft thread here
View the 2018 Draft thread here
View the 2017 Draft thread here

Last edited by Dante84; 04-27-2024 at 04:58 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2024, 09:47 AM   #2341
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
This.

I would gladly draft a guy like Paul or Kingsley in the 2nd round and have them battle it out in TC.
I think you’re gonna be disappointed. Nate Tice has said for weeks that he would be shocked if Kingsley wasn’t picked at 34 bc the Patriots have been all over him and everybody knows it.

Commanders apparently love Paul.

I see both off the board pretty quickly today
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2024, 09:48 AM   #2342
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogieman View Post
I think we have to wait until about midnight tonight to evaluate what Buffalo did.
Nah, I'm great with it.
They decided they wanted to jump back in the big play passing game and grabbed two guys with speed that can get open deep. It's a risk worth taking. Maximize Mahomes abilities.

As far as Buffalo's side....I think they make bad decisions regularly. It's what they do.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2024, 09:48 AM   #2343
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woogieman View Post
I think we have to wait until about midnight tonight to evaluate what Buffalo did. I know it's painful at 1st glance to trade w/ the Chiefs, and that's warranted, but surely they wanted BT and couldn't make it happen and just didn't have high grades for the 2nd tier...they still can pull the trigger on AD or Ladd, or perhaps use their abundant draft capital to trade for Aiyuk (did SF believe Pearsall was the readiest to contribute?). They may package some of their 10 picks and kill it tonight in the 33-60 sweet spot. I'm not burying them just yet, even though they definitely have taken a step back in 2024 when losing Diggs, White, Poyer, and Morse.
They had to rally just to make the playoffs this past year and that was before their offseason purge.

And now they have to deal with the Jets with Aaron Rodgers back in their division.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2024, 09:52 AM   #2344
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
Nah, I'm great with it.
They decided they wanted to jump back in the big play passing game and grabbed two guys with speed that can get open deep. It's a risk worth taking. Maximize Mahomes abilities.

As far as Buffalo's side....I think they make bad decisions regularly. It's what they do.
I won't argue with that! They may very well have a sound strategy but screw up the player evals and have it blow up in their face. Desperation may force you out of your comfort zone and eventually into the CFL!
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-26-2024, 09:54 AM   #2345
Consuming CP souls

I wouldn't call gifting the Chiefs the guy they wanted a "successful " draft. Bills are ****ing morons.
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 09:56 AM   #2346
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 09:56 AM   #2347
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88 View Post
They had to rally just to make the playoffs this past year and that was before their offseason purge.

And now they have to deal with the Jets with Aaron Rodgers back in their division.
...which is why they SHOULD do a mini-rebuild. They probably look at the Chiefs 2022 draft as a model, but unfortunately for them, the covid draft was generationally strong. They COULD still have a fruitful draft, but if I'm a Bills fan, there have few examples of brilliant draft manuevering/evaluation to draw upon.
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-26-2024, 09:59 AM   #2348
In Search of a Life

Would love to get a TE... Theo Johnson or Jared Wiley in the 4th would suffice.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2024, 10:02 AM   #2349
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I think you’re gonna be disappointed. Nate Tice has said for weeks that he would be shocked if Kingsley wasn’t picked at 34 bc the Patriots have been all over him and everybody knows it.

Commanders apparently love Paul.

I see both off the board pretty quickly today
I think the Chiefs would have to trade up into the top half of the 2nd to grab Kingsley. I just don't see that happening. I do think they might be eyeing the opportunity to move up 10 or so spots from 64. The Eagles have picks 50 and 53 in the 2nd round. They could be a potential trading partner.
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2024, 10:07 AM   #2350
Indian Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 View Post
Perusing Day Two mocks and these are the names I'm seeing attached to us:

Delmar Glaze, OT
Roger Rosengarten, OT
Matt Goncalves, OT
Kiran Amegadjie, OT
Blake Fisher, OT
Payton Wilson, LB
I don't have a lot of faith in a 2nd round OT being able to start and protect Mahomes blind side. If Veach and Reid think there's a prospect that can then I'll bend a knee to them but it seems like a long shot.

What if one of the better WRs left slip? Double up and fix that position for the foreseeable future? Could Keon Coleman slip because of his 40 time at the combine? To me he's comparable to Rice and I don't think it would be bad to have two guys like that to go with our two speedsters.
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 04-26-2024, 10:08 AM   #2351
In Search of a Life

Quote:
That's a whole lot of cucks.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 10:08 AM   #2352
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
The AFC West drafted very dumb...do good for us.
Actually Raiders drafted BPA at 13. Normally they reach unsuccessfully for a need. Surprised Bowers was still on the board
jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.jdubya is too fat/Omaha.
Old 04-26-2024, 10:08 AM   #2353
MVP

Quote:

This brings me extreme happiness.
neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.neech 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 10:14 AM   #2354
Most Valuable Villain

Figuring that Kingsley and Paul go early in the 2nd round.....Kiran Amegadjie is my guy.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2024, 10:15 AM   #2355
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
Would love to get a TE... Theo Johnson or Jared Wiley in the 4th would suffice.
Wiley's been moving up the last few weeks. I think he's a mid third now honestly.
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.