Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2021, 09:53 AM   #2
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan View Post
So, Chiefs is gonna be gone soon right?
Probably inevitable at this point
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-23-2021, 09:55 AM   #3
best in the biz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Kansas City Gehas

But hey, you can sleep at night with a clear conscience.

Always look on the bright side of BS.
stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.stevieray is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-23-2021, 09:58 AM   #4
Forever Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post

It’s best if we eliminate as much Native American imagery as possible you know.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.

Old 07-23-2021, 10:15 AM   #5
World's finest morphius

Quote:
I still think, if they wanted to, they could get ahead of it by utilizing Chiefs from different cultures. Most civilizations had a Chief you could choose from, and we use the name in our military as well, so we could even have some of them. We have chosen to be more inclusive and celebrate Chiefs from around the world...
morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 07-23-2021, 10:22 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius View Post
I still think, if they wanted to, they could get ahead of it by utilizing Chiefs from different cultures. Most civilizations had a Chief you could choose from, and we use the name in our military as well, so we could even have some of them. We have chosen to be more inclusive and celebrate Chiefs from around the world...
Yep, if you ever see the mob come after Hunt and this organization to the point where they have no choice, they will just rebrand rather than rename. The term 'Chief' is not trademarked by Native Americans last time I checked.

A military style uniform would be pretty badass now that you mention it, and also rub it in the face of the mob who forced the change. Perfect solution.

I still don't think it'll be an issue though. The Chiefs and Braves both really have solid ground to stand on, there's nothing offensive about their brands and anything that was, they've already eliminated.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.

Old 07-24-2021, 07:42 AM   #7
Curmudgeon

Quote:
I agree, the team wasn't named for any ethnic group's leader, it was named for H Roe Bartle, aka The Chief.

Back to subject. I don't know how they came up with that name, but it is pretty lame.
oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.

Old 07-24-2021, 04:19 PM   #8
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Yeah, other than the whole Arrowhead thing.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.

Old 07-24-2021, 04:24 PM   #9
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Yeah, other than the whole Arrowhead thing.
Native Americans don't have exclusive rights to the arrowheads. Do you think Native Americans invented the bow and arrow and tips?
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-23-2021, 01:12 PM   #10
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Errrrmineeees!
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-23-2021, 01:45 PM   #11
Thank you

Quote:
I think the team has done a decent job of minimizing the Native imagery that is more problematic than the name itself, but I won't be the least bit upset if they do go ahead and change it. Monarchs would be perfect and worth buying from the former T-Bones. Some other names that could be fun:
  • Burnt Ends
  • Smokers
  • Yardbirds (after Charlie Parker)
  • Nighthawks (after the Coon-Sanders Original Nighthawk Orchestra, which was the first KC jazz band to gain national prominence. Please do not suggest any of the other words in the band's name)
  • Fountaineers (okay this one is stupid but still kinda fun imho)
  • Steamboats (after the Arabia and also "Arabians" would not go over well)
  • Tornadoes (why isn't there a major pro team called the Tornadoes???)
  • Unions, Scouts, Kings (former KC sport team names that would work well)
  • Mobsters (celebrating KC's organized crime history!)
  • Sevillians (celebrating KC's sister city, Seville, Spain)
  • Barbers (like The Barber of Seville??)

I dunno man, I get the appeal of Tradition and all that, but I simply don't feel threatened by the prospect of a name change. If anything, it's an opportunity for something new and fun. I think we would all get used to it a lot quicker than we think, too. Either way I'm not losing sleep over it!
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1    
Old 07-23-2021, 02:06 PM   #12
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcosa View Post
I think the team has done a decent job of minimizing the Native imagery that is more problematic than the name itself, but I won't be the least bit upset if they do go ahead and change it. Monarchs would be perfect and worth buying from the former T-Bones. Some other names that could be fun:
  • Burnt Ends
  • Smokers
  • Nighthawks (after the Coon-Sanders Original Nighthawk Orchestra, which was the first KC jazz band to gain national prominence. Please do not suggest any of the other words in the band's name)

I dunno man, I get the appeal of Tradition and all that, but I simply don't feel threatened by the prospect of a name change. If anything, it's an opportunity for something new and fun. I think we would all get used to it a lot quicker than we think, too. Either way I'm not losing sleep over it!
Easy to see your not from or anywhere near kc and haven’t been a fan very long.I can’t imagine anyone on this board in agreement with your take as it sucks the big penis.I personally know more than a few Native Americans and not one of them have a problem with Chiefs
R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.R Clark wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 2    
Old 07-23-2021, 02:09 PM   #13
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Clark View Post
Easy to see your not from or anywhere near kc and haven’t been a fan very long.I can’t imagine anyone on this board in agreement with your take as it sucks the big penis.I personally know more than a few Native Americans and not one of them have a problem with Chiefs
I was born in Kansas City, Missouri and have been a Chiefs fan since before I can remember but okay lmao

And if you actually read my posts instead of reflexively smashing the thumbs down button, you'd see that I acknowledge that there are plenty of Natives who don't care. And I happen to be friends with plenty of other people who were born and raised in Kansas City and are huge Chiefs fans who actually do agree with me. So whose anecdotal evidence wins now????
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-23-2021, 04:52 PM   #14
Debunking your bullshit

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcosa View Post
  • Burnt Ends
  • Smokers

I'm sure you mean well, but this is like a list if you were purposefully trying to think of terrible names.
cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.cosmo20002 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 07-23-2021, 04:57 PM   #15
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo20002 View Post
I'm sure you mean well, but this is like a list if you were purposefully trying to think of terrible names.
Okay the ones I'll actually stand by are Monarchs, Yardbirds, and Nighthawks. My main point is just that there are tons of KC-specific things you could pull from and it's a fun exercise. Tradition is nice and all but I just don't see change like this as inherently negative.

Closed Thread