Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-14-2020, 06:34 AM  
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

MNF Week 1: PIT @ NYG, TEN @ DEN

Monday night doubleheader to cap the week...

Pittsburgh starts at 6:10 CT, Denver at 9:20 CT.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:44 AM   #946
'Tis my eye!

I'm just so sick of hearing about Lamar Jackson.

I guess the silver lining is that this whole story will be over in 4-5 years when Mahomes is hitting is stride and Jackson's body is starting to break down from his "electric" play.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:47 AM   #947
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
For sure.

But again, it's a "victim of his own success" kind of thing. It seems some of them just get worn out with it.

For me, this past weekend was similar but not for Mahomes, but Russell Wilson. Did anyone notice what he did to the Atlanta defense Sunday?
Atlanta defense was pretty bad last year, so it's not surprising to see him have success against them. But he was essentially perfect in that game. Russ is extremely impressive. If he plays like that for an entire season, he will get that overdue MVP and Seattle will potentially be the #1 seed in the NFC.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:49 AM   #948
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
I'm aware of that. I think Lamar is a better player right now than he was early in last season. KC defense showed a lot of improvement later in 2019 season. The run defense looked very questionable on Thursday night. Pennel coming back into the lineup against Baltimore is hopefully going to be a huge boost in that regard.
DoD getting a little bit of run was intriguing.

He can be a real useful piece against guys like Jackson and even Tyrod Taylor if he can just be counted on to not **** up.

He doesn't have to make every play, he just can't go out there and blow them. If he can be roughly where he needs to be the majority of the time, he can use his athleticism to fly to the ball and create gang-tackle situations.

And if that's in his toolbox, he can be really difficult for guys like Jackson and Taylor to deal with because he's not a guy they can isolate and embarrass.

I'm not sure someone like Pennel is a huge difference maker against Jackson like he'd be against Derrick Henry. He's not someone who creates pressure up the middle and forces Jackson to commit early. Wharton, OTOH, looked like a guy who could pair with Jones to be dangerous in that regard. If you combine that with DoD's ability to play rover, you can make things awfully tough on a mobile QB who doesn't get the ball to the sidelines terribly well.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:50 AM   #949
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Atlanta defense was pretty bad last year, so it's not surprising to see him have success against them. But he was essentially perfect in that game. Russ is extremely impressive. If he plays like that for an entire season, he will get that overdue MVP and Seattle will potentially be the #1 seed in the NFC.
I think it's pretty crappy that Wilson goes 31/35 for 322 yards with 3 TDs and somehow has a QBR 10 points less than Jackson, who went 20/25 for 275 yards and 3 TDs. Yards are weighted too highly.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:51 AM   #950

Quote:
Wilson's the #2 quarterback in football and it's not all that close.

The more you watch him, the more impressed you are by him. He has the best deep ball in the game and has for 3 years or so. And he just flat developed it - he didn't come to the league with that.

That's really an area where I'd like to see Mahomes continue to develop. If he can get the touch on his deep passes that Wilson has on his, there's just nothing left to do but hope he misses the team bus or something. Wilson's ability to loft a ball out there and let his WR get to it in stride is really outstanding.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:52 AM   #951
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post

The more you watch him, the more impressed you are by him. He has the best deep ball in the game and has for 3 years or so. And he just flat developed it - he didn't come to the league with that.

That's really an area where I'd like to see Mahomes continue to develop. If he can get the touch on his deep passes that Wilson has on his, there's just nothing left to do but hope he misses the team bus or something. Wilson's ability to loft a ball out there and let his WR get to it in stride is really outstanding.
He did come into the league with some of the best accuracy I've ever seen in a college QB. Not necessarily on the deep balls but the guy could throw into just absolutely tiny windows on every throw.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:56 AM   #952

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
He did come into the league with some of the best accuracy I've ever seen in a college QB. Not necessarily on the deep balls but the guy could throw into just absolutely tiny windows on every throw.
Yeah - he was damn near fully formed as a good quarterback. But he wasn't firing those letter perfect deep strikes. It took time for him to develop that feel for the deep ball.

Jeff Blake is always a guy I come back to on this one. Blake couldn't hit the broad sign of a barn and largely sucked at all things quarterback - but SHIT he threw a nice deep ball.

It's counter-intuitive but deep passing really is its very own animal. Being great at short/intermediate doesn't mean you'll be great deep, just as being great deep doesn't mean you'll be precise on short/intermediate.

It's like throwing a curveball. There's a threshhold level of arm strength required to get the necessary spin on the ball, but getting that curve to snap right is still all about feel. You can have a great fastball and changeup, but those aren't 'feel' pitches for the most part. You have to really have a feel for the curve, just as you need to have a feel for a deep shot.

And that's where Mahomes still struggles a little bit. He will occasionally miss those deep shots because he just hasn't quiiiiite found exactly how to arc that ball and put it where he wants it. Right now he still muscles his deep shots and it makes his window pretty small.

I think he'll get there.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:57 AM   #953
Everybody Lies.

Quote:
Yep, you can say it now.

The curse is over.

Besides, Lin wasn't the problem anyway, Marty was.
I totally agree. And Bono. The guy sucked. Yeah Elliott should've made at least ONE of those frickin kicks, but for ****s sake get in the end zone ya know?
lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.lcarus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:57 AM   #954
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
Yeah, that was as brutal a performance from a kicker as I've ever seen...excluding...you know...
Mike Vanderjagt? a.k.a. "idiot kicker"
SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:58 AM   #955
MVP

Quote:

The other area for improvement is the "should be" INT throws. He had 3 of them against Houston on Thursday. Wilson does not take those type of risks. I'm confident Patrick will cut down on those type of throws as he gets older. It's scary how good he already is and he will only keep getting better as he sharpens these little elements of his game and gets more experience against all coverages.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:03 AM   #956
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarus View Post
I totally agree. And Bono. The guy sucked. Yeah Elliott should've made at least ONE of those frickin kicks, but for ****s sake get in the end zone ya know?
Or, you know, run the ball with Marcus ****ING Allen instead of trying win it on the arm of Steve the Food Critic.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:04 AM   #957

Quote:
The other area for improvement is the "should be" INT throws. He had 3 of them against Houston on Thursday. Wilson does not take those type of risks. I'm confident Patrick will cut down on those type of throws as he gets older. It's scary how good he already is and he will only keep getting better as he sharpens these little elements of his game and gets more experience against all coverages.
I think I remember one on a free play and then the one where we got bailed out by the PI that likely didn't impact the pick.

I don't recall 3 and am only positive of 1. I thought he played remarkably under control on Thursday.

It was one of the more 'chill and take what the defense gives you' types of games I can ever recall. Maybe I just missed 'em.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:07 AM   #958
MVP

Quote:
I think I remember one on a free play and then the one where we got bailed out by the PI that likely didn't impact the pick.

I don't recall 3 and am only positive of 1. I thought he played remarkably under control on Thursday.

It was one of the more 'chill and take what the defense gives you' types of games I can ever recall. Maybe I just missed 'em.
There was 1 where a Texans guy caught it at the back of the end zone and was only able to get 1 foot down. Refs called him out of bounds. I think it might have been called back for a penalty as well, not sure.

There was 1 where he threw into about triple coverage and the guy picked it, but they called defensive pass interference. Pretty lucky call from the refs.

And there was one where there was miscommunication with receiver and perhaps a bit of an overthrow as well. Dropped by Texans guy.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:08 AM   #959

Quote:
Or, you know, run the ball with Marcus ****ING Allen instead of trying win it on the arm of Steve the Food Critic.
If there's even a .00001% chance that it required losing that game to get Patrick Mahomes 20 some years later, then I wouldn't change it.

Everything was worth it. All of it.

This kid's just too good to be true. If you told me that winning some ground and pound, 'old school' ring in the 90s would've yielded a 99% chance (but not 100% chance) that we'd still get Mahomes in '17, I'd pass.

Even that small risk is too great. If Bono/Elliott played even a small role in bringing us to this point, then they served their purpose. They were bit players in Patrick Mahomes story. And that works for me.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:08 AM   #960
In Search of a Life

If you wanted to really argue that Wilson is the best QB in the NFL, I don't know that you couldn't atleast make a case. I don't agree, but I'm a chiefs fan.

He's phenomenal.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.