Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-14-2020, 06:34 AM  
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

MNF Week 1: PIT @ NYG, TEN @ DEN

Monday night doubleheader to cap the week...

Pittsburgh starts at 6:10 CT, Denver at 9:20 CT.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:52 AM   #931
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcox View Post
That game had Covid, but in an entertaining way.
Fangio is demonstrating that he's been Peter-principled.

At some point doesn't he have to get in Lock's ear and say "hey kid - slow down a bit on the snap..."?

Some strange play-calling, poor timeout usage. He really just botched that 4th quarter really badly.

Credit to him for having his defense playing pretty well without Miller, but he looked like a DC pretending to be a head coach last night.

The Chiefs are gonna obliterate the AFC. The Ravens truly are the only team that will be any competition for them. Ultimately that's not a question that can be answered until week 3 and even then not REALLY until January.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:57 AM   #932
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Fangio is demonstrating that he's been Peter-principled.

At some point doesn't he have to get in Lock's ear and say "hey kid - slow down a bit on the snap..."?

Some strange play-calling, poor timeout usage. He really just botched that 4th quarter really badly.

Credit to him for having his defense playing pretty well without Miller, but he looked like a DC pretending to be a head coach last night.

The Chiefs are gonna obliterate the AFC. The Ravens truly are the only team that will be any competition for them. Ultimately that's not a question that can be answered until week 3 and even then not REALLY until January.
I don't know about that. The Chiefs answered it pretty well in Week 4 last year, when their still-shitty run defense bottled up Lamar and forced him to throw. It was a couple of prayers from being a blowout.

I really hope the Chiefs win that game. Not that it worries me because the Chiefs are the better team anyway. I'm just sick of hearing about the ****ing Ravens, like they're the best team in the history of football.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:05 AM   #933
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
I don't know about that. The Chiefs answered it pretty well in Week 4 last year, when their still-shitty run defense bottled up Lamar and forced him to throw. It was a couple of prayers from being a blowout.

I really hope the Chiefs win that game. Not that it worries me because the Chiefs are the better team anyway. I'm just sick of hearing about the ****ing Ravens, like they're the best team in the history of football.
I don’t understand the fear of the Ravens. Their pass rush is average and their safeties are weak. We torched their asses last year with Ear Thomas. Now he’s gone and they have a huge weakness there.

The Steelers are our stiffest competition. They’ve got a defense at the same level as the 49ers last year with an elite pass rush. The Steelers actually remind me a lot of the 49ers last year with Ben just needing to be a facilitator most of the time, but he’s capable of actually leading that offense through tough spots which Jimmy G couldn’t do. Steelers weapons aren’t good enough and their OL is top 5 in the league.

Steelers defense is the only unit in the entire AFC that could give our team problems. Aside from them that’s really it.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:05 AM   #934

Quote:

Even if they win, it won't really matter.

Talking heads were STILL making excuses for Deshawn Watson after that Thursday game.

They're gonna force-feed this narrative. Forever. Nothing will ever be Watson or Lamar's fault.

Meanwhile if Mahomes doesn't hit on WASP we'd be hearing shit about how he can't win the big one right now.

The bars for the respective organizations/players is just laughably unbalanced. Whatever happens, somehow the Chiefs will still have more to prove and Watson/Jackson will not have been outplayed.

I'm not sure 19-0 will shut these guys up. Jackson throwing a lob into the middle will always be 'an absolute dime' whereas the two touchdowns Mahomes threw to Kelce and Hill with staggeringly high degrees of difficulty will be shrugged off.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:09 AM   #935
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I don’t understand the fear of the Ravens. Their pass rush is average and their safeties are weak. We torched their asses last year with Ear Thomas. Now he’s gone and they have a huge weakness there.

The Steelers are our stiffest competition. They’ve got a defense at the same level as the 49ers last year with an elite pass rush. The Steelers actually remind me a lot of the 49ers last year with Ben just needing to be a facilitator most of the time, but he’s capable of actually leading that offense through tough spots which Jimmy G couldn’t do. Steelers weapons aren’t good enough and their OL is top 5 in the league.

Steelers defense is the only unit in the entire AFC that could give our team problems. Aside from them that’s really it.
Baltimore defense is not scary, but that offense is very impressive. If the KC defense is not able to slow them down, it will take a top notch performance from Chiefs offense to win a shootout.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:10 AM   #936

Quote:

The Steelers are our stiffest competition. They’ve got a defense at the same level as the 49ers last year with an elite pass rush. The Steelers actually remind me a lot of the 49ers last year with Ben just needing to be a facilitator most of the time. Steelers weapons aren’t good enough and their OL is top 5 in the league.

The Steelers couldn't put away a lousy Giants team until late.

The Ravens are just uniquely situated to hang in a shootout. They can't stage a come-back, but if they're clicking early, they can go score for score with us.

And their pass rush w/ Campbell and Judon is hardly dog-shit. Moreover, while they don't have Thomas, Thomas was pretty mediocre last season. And what they DO have now is Peters to go with Humphrey, which gives them probably the best pair of man-corners in the league and one of the few units that might actually be able to credibly play man against this squad. Peters can't cover Hill but he's a REALLY good matchup with Watkins - plays exactly the kind of style you need to play on him. Humphrey is as good as any CB in the game and can make Hill work. Meanwhile Queen is as good a Kelce matchup as you can have, provided he develops.

And the team is EXTREMELY well coached. Their OC is perfect for their weapons and the D has played better than the sum of its parts for 15 years.

Yeah - be concerned about the Ravens. They're easily the 2nd best team in the league, IMO.

Don't fear them - but don't underestimate them either. That's a good football team.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:17 AM   #937
The Insider

Quote:

Talking heads were STILL making excuses for Deshawn Watson after that Thursday game.

They're gonna force-feed this narrative. Forever. Nothing will ever be Watson or Lamar's fault.

Meanwhile if Mahomes doesn't hit on WASP we'd be hearing shit about how he can't win the big one right now.

The bars for the respective organizations/players is just laughably unbalanced. Whatever happens, somehow the Chiefs will still have more to prove and Watson/Jackson will not have been outplayed.

I'm not sure 19-0 will shut these guys up. Jackson throwing a lob into the middle will always be 'an absolute dime' whereas the two touchdowns Mahomes threw to Kelce and Hill with staggeringly high degrees of difficulty will be shrugged off.
Media want a black superstar QB in all honesty. Mahomes being half and half isn't good enough for them.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:22 AM   #938
In Search of a Life

Quote:

I think Mahomes is basically an enemy of himself at this point. He does it so regularly and so easily, it's just.....expected?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:26 AM   #939
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
Baltimore defense is not scary, but that offense is very impressive. If the KC defense is not able to slow them down, it will take a top notch performance from Chiefs offense to win a shootout.
Spags shut that offense down for almost 3 quarters in one of the defenses first games together when they were still figuring things out. It was 30-13 at the end of the 3rd.

Ravens have gotten better since then but so has our defense.

I just don’t see how that team can play up to our level, especially with Clyde Edwards-Helaire giving us a new dimension On offense that we didn’t have last year.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:26 AM   #940

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I think Mahomes is basically an enemy of himself at this point. He does it so regularly and so easily, it's just.....expected?
I still expect better.

Concede that it's not difficult for HIM if need be, but if you're analyzing something, be fair about it. Don't sit there and act like Jackson having a clean pocket and floating a ball into the hole in a zone is some act of God while Mahomes throwing someone open while firing a rope between 3 dudes (that he started throwing before his TE even began his cut) is just some pitch and catch.

These people get paid to break down football and Mahomes provides them a BONANZA every single game. And they'll just shoulder-shrug it in favor of saying "SWEET SASSY MOLASSY!" anytime Jackson manages to complete a pass at the hash or Watson dances around for 7 seconds to bring up 2nd and 6.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:32 AM   #941
MVP

Quote:
I still expect better.

Concede that it's not difficult for HIM if need be, but if you're analyzing something, be fair about it. Don't sit there and act like Jackson having a clean pocket and floating a ball into the hole in a zone is some act of God while Mahomes throwing someone open while firing a rope between 3 dudes (that he started throwing before his TE even began his cut) is just some pitch and catch.

These people get paid to break down football and Mahomes provides them a BONANZA every single game. And they'll just shoulder-shrug it in favor of saying "SWEET SASSY MOLASSY!" anytime Jackson manages to complete a pass at the hash or Watson dances around for 7 seconds to bring up 2nd and 6.
That TD throw to Kelce looks pretty dang underrated. Dude started throwing the ball while Kelce was double covered and put it in a perfect spot. In real time, to the naked eye it just looks like an easy TD throw to Kelce. It's one of those plays where you don't realize how great it is until you freeze frame to see when the throw started and the coverage at the time. Insane level of anticipation, and an example that it's not JUST the great weapons around him getting wide open all the time...which is the laziest analysis of Mahomes and seems to be pretty widespread. Lot of jealous fanbases out there.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:40 AM   #942
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
The KC defense shut them down in week 4 last year, before they were even good in the scheme.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:43 AM   #943
MVP

Quote:
The KC defense shut them down in week 4 last year, before they were even good in the scheme.
I'm aware of that. I think Lamar is a better player right now than he was early in last season. KC defense showed a lot of improvement later in 2019 season. The run defense looked very questionable on Thursday night. Pennel coming back into the lineup against Baltimore is hopefully going to be a huge boost in that regard.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:43 AM   #944
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Spags shut that offense down for almost 3 quarters in one of the defenses first games together when they were still figuring things out. It was 30-13 at the end of the 3rd.

Ravens have gotten better since then but so has our defense.

I just don’t see how that team can play up to our level, especially with Clyde Edwards-Helaire giving us a new dimension On offense that we didn’t have last year.
Yep.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:44 AM   #945
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I still expect better.

For sure.

But again, it's a "victim of his own success" kind of thing. It seems some of them just get worn out with it.

For me, this past weekend was similar but not for Mahomes, but Russell Wilson. Did anyone notice what he did to the Atlanta defense Sunday?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.