Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-04-2021, 10:53 AM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Anyone here ever had trauma?

Well besides Chiefs trauma that is (looking at you 2013 Indy playoff collapse).

I’m currently helping my friend who has been in deep trauma for over a month. His dad has Alzheimer’s and a month ago he didn’t know who his son was anymore which has triggered severe PTSD symptoms for my friend. Now I’ve read he’ll likely have triggers sporadically for the rest of his life regarding this.

I would not ever wish this shit on my worst enemy. It’s ****ing horrific.

My friend begins EMDR on Thursday. I’ve read good things about it. If anyone has ever had EMDR let me know.

Hoping for the best
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2021, 11:05 AM   #31
Livin' in the Pacer

Trauma, anxiety, major depressive disorder. Yep. PM me if you need to talk.
Jive Ass 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliJive Ass 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliJive Ass 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliJive Ass 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliJive Ass 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliJive Ass 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliJive Ass 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliJive Ass 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliJive Ass 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliJive Ass 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliJive Ass 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 10-23-2021, 11:14 AM   #32
Spooky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
He was told to relax as if he was looking out of the window in silence on a car trip. He held a vibrating hand piece in each hand that did specific vibrations. These vibrations help your brain with processing and triggering the amygdala which is the part of the brain that holds fear and fearful memories
Interesting. No shifting the eyes back and forth then? That's how it used to be applied.

People vulnerable to obsessions and getting caught up in trauma lack that ability to process emotions easily. Could happen to anyone really. Weird as it may sound stuff like EMDR is great for getting stuck memories on through.
EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-23-2021, 11:23 AM   #33
I got Rice cookin in the micro

Psycosis bi polar depression anxiety for meeeee
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2021, 12:01 PM   #34
Old, not Dead

EMDR is akin to a form of hypnosis. It helps some people, but it's not a sure thing.

PTSD, depending on the severity, never goes away. The best one can do is figure out the triggers for an episode and create distance for those triggers.

In other words, stay the hell away from things that trigger the reliving of the trauma. Respect the trauma and stay away from triggers.

Your friend caring for his dad may not have that luxury. If his dad's Alzheimer's is triggering a disabling PTSD event in your friend it may be time to get caregivers involved. I know it's not cheap, but it's better than being disabled with PTSD.

When my father-in-law descended into dementia my ex tried to do it all herself. It was just too much. We all pitched in to help. But he would wander off. He wouldn't recognize people. He could get violent. He was trashing the house. We found a service of caregivers (all Filipino women for some reason) and the price was reasonable. The three women would rotate in shifts using the spare bedroom (8 hours each). They were a godsend. Very religious from a specific Catholic order, though we weren't looking for that, it just happened that way. They were wonderful to him and allowed the rest of us to visit, hug, cry and respect him as he faded away.

Here's hoping your friend is able to get some help.
LongSufferingToady must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LongSufferingToady must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LongSufferingToady must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LongSufferingToady must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LongSufferingToady must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LongSufferingToady must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LongSufferingToady must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LongSufferingToady must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LongSufferingToady must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LongSufferingToady must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LongSufferingToady must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 10-23-2021, 06:47 PM   #35
Itinerant degenerate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams Fan View Post
Actually getting help is something that shouldn't be stigmatized.
This cannot be stressed enough. SO many people fail to seek help because they feel like it’s a sign weakness.
Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 07:57 PM   #36
MVP

Anybody have Asperger's Syndrome with a side of Anti-Social Behavior Disorder?
Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.
Old 10-24-2021, 08:44 AM   #37
I'm with the Banned

I have had what is described as trauma by my therapist, and wife and people who love me where i have anxieties. I grew up kind of in a tough situation. But thats nothing compared to what my wife or her ex-husband both deal with. Also, my children deal with trauma on a scale that absolutely eats them up. Not to go into too much detail, but both my wife and her ex were army and fought in baghdad a decade ago. Just brutal what i see them go through, daily.

My kids have a mother that abandoned them as teenagers.. and thats rough on a young developing psyche.

There are different levels of trauma, that ive gotten to see first hand. The worst part is not being able to do anything to "fix" it but just being there every day to provide a safe existance for them all. Keep encouragement, resources (therapy, medical etc), or acknowledgment and comfort is the best you can do which only feels like you're just here for them. Its hard not being able to just reach out and fix things.

The ex-husband is still a wonderful father to their 2 kids, and he's a fellow Vet so while it sounds weird to want to help the guy so much - i really do love him for what he has sacraficed.
Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 10-24-2021, 08:47 AM   #38
Banned

Nah im always fine
Mahomes_Is_God < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Mahomes_Is_God < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Mahomes_Is_God < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Mahomes_Is_God < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Mahomes_Is_God < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Mahomes_Is_God < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Mahomes_Is_God < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Mahomes_Is_God < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Mahomes_Is_God < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Mahomes_Is_God < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Mahomes_Is_God < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 10-24-2021, 08:49 AM   #39
I'm with the Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
This cannot be stressed enough. SO many people fail to seek help because they feel like it’s a sign weakness.
Yeah my 22 year old son still fights me on going to therapy. Even when he sees it helping his younger sisters. Just cant get through to him about it.
Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.Fansy the Famous Bard threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 10-24-2021, 08:50 AM   #40
I'm with the Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High D View Post
Anybody have Asperger's Syndrome with a side of Anti-Social Behavior Disorder?
My father has Asperger's. Wasnt diagnosed until he was 65.