Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Which one do you pick?
US Virgin Islands, plus $1,085,010 annual stipend 25 58.14%
California, plus $250,000 annual stipend 17 39.53%
Gosh, I can't decide. 1 2.33%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2021, 04:56 PM  
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Mansionmania Tournament: Round 1, Heat 22

Mansionmania continues. I'm going to show you the most expensive homes in every state and a few territories, with a few extras thrown in from the largest states to get the tourney up to 64. It'll be a single-elimination tournament.

You will choose among each pair of houses with the following assumptions:
  • The purchase price for you is $0.
  • All maintenance, utilities, property taxes, HOA fees, and cleaning is included.
  • You must live in the home for the rest of your life.
  • You can't travel more than 100 miles from home (via google maps drive time) other than 1 two-week vacation each year.
  • You get $250,000 per year as a living allowance
  • You get an additional living allowance at the cheaper home, which will be valued at 1% of any cost difference annually. I will note this amount in the poll.
  • You get the furnishings. If unfurnished, you get an allowance that will give you mid-grade furniture in every room.
  • You get any vehicles in the garage. But only the garage - nothing parked outside.

I encourage you to click on the maps in the listings to see the general location and neighborhood.

Also, I will only enter contestants if they have a sufficient number of photos to judge, as determined by me.

Your entries in this heat are:

US Virgin Islands:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...0_M97779-80235

California:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...1_M11425-39758
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2021, 05:08 PM   #2
Forever Royal

Mansionmania Tournament: Round 1, Heat 22

This California house might be the best location and lot so far, or at least in the top three. I’m not a fan of the house itself all that much though. The island house is just too crowded around it. Plus 30,000 square feet is crazy big. I’m not even sure what to compare that to.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 10-23-2021, 05:09 PM   #3
Seeking the Truth daily

Missouri still wins over either
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 05:20 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
Missouri still wins over either
No, it doesn't.

I'm taking California. So much more to see and do with LA, SD, Mexico, and points in between within the travel limitations.

Last edited by eDave; 10-23-2021 at 05:49 PM..
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2021, 05:27 PM   #5
Spooky Action

Virgin Island property is spectacular. Not sure what is within 100 miles, but can't beat the view and the property, I'm taking the tropics.
EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-23-2021, 05:32 PM   #6
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Boy, this is a 50/50 proposition.

Virgin Islands - That house is pretty much perfect, and the setting is beautiful. It might be more tropical than I prefer, but there are a lot worse problems to have. St. John is a relatively small world to live in, but it's a nice small world. And with $1 million+ to spend every year, life would be good.

California - The house isn't exactly my style, but it's nice and I could live there. Damn horses again. But the location is superb. I can get to San Diego and up the coast to Laguna and Newport. I wouldn't be rich, but I think I'd be happy.

As much as I like the Virgin Islands, I think I'd go with the California house. Tough call. Tough, tough call.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2021, 05:34 PM   #7
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
This California house might be the best location and lot so far, or at least in the top three. I’m not a fan of the house itself all that much though. The island house is just too crowded around it. Plus 30,000 square feet is crazy big. I’m not even sure what to compare that to.
I noticed in the details that they're including both inside and outside space in their 30,000 foot estimate. That's kind of cheating, though in the Virgin Islands maybe you can count all of it. I wonder what the actual indoor space is.
Old 10-23-2021, 05:41 PM   #8
Supporter

Wife’s sister lives in San Diego, the few times I have been in San Diego I have loved it. I like the island house better but I think I would be happier in SD
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2021, 05:47 PM   #9
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
No, it doesn't.

I'm taking California. So much more to do and see.
Pretty sure he just says the most miserable thing possible for attention.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2021, 05:50 PM   #10
Would an idiot do that?

Yeah, LA and SD, and could even make it well into Mexico if you really wanted, or Palm Springs if your much older parents are visiting and you miss the 70s.

A big unknown in the Virgin Islands compared to an amazing southern California location.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2021, 06:05 PM   #11
Supporter

U.S.V.I for me. Been to St. John multiple times over the years. Ironically I have a St. John hat on right now. Hurricanes would be a bitch though but it looks like that house was built for the storms. Just have supply's on hand and with a million plus a year that should be no problem.
TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.TrebMaxx threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 10-23-2021, 06:06 PM   #12
Live free or die hard

Virgin Islands.
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2021, 08:40 PM   #13
The Seated Villain

Not much to do in the Virgin Islands, but I'm not sure if I'd ever want to leave that place, other than walking down to the beach. The CA location is very hard to beat, but I don't like the house much.
MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 10-23-2021, 08:54 PM   #14
Supporter

Virgin Islands here.

The Cali house is impressive but goddamn every room looks cramped. Definitely not a horse person. Perhaps I know enough horse people to know what managing a horse is actually entails. And I know people who actually use horses and want no part of that noise.

That Virgin island house is spectacular. I don't even know what living in a place like that would feel like. But I'd love to find out.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-23-2021, 08:55 PM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Virgin Islands here.

The Cali house is impressive but goddamn every room looks cramped. Definitely not a horse person. Perhaps I know enough horse people to know what managing a horse is actually entails. And I know people who actually use horses and want no part of that noise.

That Virgin island house is spectacular. I don't even know what living in a place like that would feel like. But I'd love to find out.
I'd lease that horse space out. Probably enough land there for a practice track and stuff. Turn it into a training facility.

Or just tear it all down and build a sweet guest house.

Last edited by eDave; 10-23-2021 at 09:05 PM..
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.