Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2020, 12:58 PM   #3076
Texting Ms. Dobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Have mags dramatically increased in price? What are they, $11? Get mag-puls. If you can find hex-mags try those.

More important than price point is reliability. Some mags won’t feed reliably in your gun. That’s bad juju if you ever really need it to run. Like when some dipstick is breaking into your house.
Prices seem to be all over the place between 10 and 20 bucks if you can find them in stock. It's getting tougher and tougher to find ammo and magazines. During my searching I came across a bunch of manufacturers at a lot of price points. I found a solid deal on new MOE M2 non-windowed. I think I'll go with those.

I'm no gun aficionado. I have several but I am no expert. I figured I would ask more informed people than myself.

**EDIT**
Ever used AMEND2s?
Steron would the whole thing.Steron would the whole thing.Steron would the whole thing.Steron would the whole thing.Steron would the whole thing.Steron would the whole thing.Steron would the whole thing.Steron would the whole thing.Steron would the whole thing.Steron would the whole thing.Steron would the whole thing.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:08 PM   #3077
Supporter

Gen 3 Magpul

GI style metal mags from Brownell

Lancer L5

ETS mags (Elite Tactical Systems)

This is not any particular order
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2020, 01:12 PM   #3078
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steron View Post
Prices seem to be all over the place between 10 and 20 bucks if you can find them in stock. It's getting tougher and tougher to find ammo and magazines. During my searching I came across a bunch of manufacturers at a lot of price points. I found a solid deal on new MOE M2 non-windowed. I think I'll go with those.

I'm no gun aficionado. I have several but I am no expert. I figured I would ask more informed people than myself.

**EDIT**
Ever used AMEND2s?
i have not used AMEND2.

I wasn't being snotty. I literally have no idea how much mags are right now. When they were cheap and plentiful ($5-7/mag) I bought a couple mags of several different brands and found that all of my ARs would run Mag-Pul G3s, so I bought a bunch of them. Most of which are still in plastic. I also bought replacement parts. I also found that mil-surp mags ran in all my guns. At $3/mag, I bought several of those as well.

Anyway, today everything gun-related seems to be scarce. My recommendation when this happens is to find and buy things that you know will work in your gun(s), and just deal with the price. You're going to want to wait until things settle down a couple years from now to stock up, so just get as many mags as you need for your purposes. So for example if I wanted to take a carbine class, I'd make sure I had at least 5 mags for drilling purposes. If just for plinking/HD, maybe 2 or 3 would be enough.

Forgot about TEOWAWKI. At least 8 mags bare minimum.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:23 PM   #3079
In my youth i pray to keep

Cheaper than dirt had em a few weeks ago for 11 bucks
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2020, 05:33 PM   #3080
It was not a fair catch

Cant get into a beginner class until september.

Going to look around at other places.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2020, 06:23 PM   #3081
Supporter

I prefer magpuls, but ive never had an issue with standard milspec metal mags either.

Both are cheap, but I mean why not 12 dollar magpuls on midway, they are in stock, and you buy 4 and they are free shipping.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2319180134
hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.hometeam is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:48 PM   #3082
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

I use Magpuls exclusively now, with the exception of the 50 round drum mag I have.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 07:54 PM   #3083
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I use Magpuls exclusively now, with the exception of the 50 round drum mag I have.

We were coming back "home" from Wyoming and decided to take the Northern route, stop in and see Wife's family.

Shortly after hitting South Dakota - we stopped at the Bass Pro there to take a break. I wandered up to the gun section. They had a barrel of Magpul mags there (folks from Colorado stream in there to buy mags) and I picked up 5 30 round mags and 5 40 round mags.

They are quite good!
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-18-2020, 08:15 PM   #3084
Mahomosapien

My new competition rifle build is all donezo.

bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 08:40 PM   #3085
**** the Raiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjosh View Post

Sexy
Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Raiderhater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-18-2020, 11:00 PM   #3086
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:

What do you use as a cheek riser?
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2020, 04:43 AM   #3087
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
What do you use as a cheek riser?

Doesnt seem to need one. Natural point of aim is right there at a quick shoulder. Im probably used to it because i never use a riser and my last competition rifle had a mft minimalist stock that was basically the same height as the foam pad on this buffer tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 07-19-2020, 08:52 AM   #3088
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Doesnt seem to need one. Natural point of aim is right there at a quick shoulder. Im probably used to it because i never use a riser and my last competition rifle had a mft minimalist stock that was basically the same height as the foam pad on this buffer tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool... I happen to love them...
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-20-2020, 07:51 AM   #3089
Texting Ms. Dobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
i have not used AMEND2.

I wasn't being snotty. I literally have no idea how much mags are right now. When they were cheap and plentiful ($5-7/mag) I bought a couple mags of several different brands and found that all of my ARs would run Mag-Pul G3s, so I bought a bunch of them. Most of which are still in plastic. I also bought replacement parts. I also found that mil-surp mags ran in all my guns. At $3/mag, I bought several of those as well.

Anyway, today everything gun-related seems to be scarce. My recommendation when this happens is to find and buy things that you know will work in your gun(s), and just deal with the price. You're going to want to wait until things settle down a couple years from now to stock up, so just get as many mags as you need for your purposes. So for example if I wanted to take a carbine class, I'd make sure I had at least 5 mags for drilling purposes. If just for plinking/HD, maybe 2 or 3 would be enough.

Forgot about TEOWAWKI. At least 8 mags bare minimum.
Neither did I. I didn't take your reply like that all. Sorry if I came off that way. I'm just looking for input. Sometimes it's tough to read what a person wrote the way they meant it. All good.

I ended up with 10 M2's and 5 M3's. 16 mags should be enough. Now I am working on ammo to fill them. This is tougher than finding the mags. I also came across a Sig Romeo 6H for dirt cheap. It now sits atop my AR.
Steron would the whole thing.Steron would the whole thing.Steron would the whole thing.Steron would the whole thing.Steron would the whole thing.Steron would the whole thing.Steron would the whole thing.Steron would the whole thing.Steron would the whole thing.Steron would the whole thing.Steron would the whole thing.
Old 07-20-2020, 07:28 PM   #3090
It was not a fair catch

Signed up for my first hand gun class. Sept 12 is the earliest I could get.
I have never held a hand gun before.

If you are new to handguns or simply require a refresher on basic handgun skills and handling, then look no further. This course teaches you all you need to know to safely handle and shoot both semi-automatic and revolver pistols. You will gain confidence and skills necessary to safely own, operate and use a handgun. You are provided with all classroom materials, guns (.22 cal / 9mm / 38 revolver), ammunition, targets, hearing and eye protection. This course is approximately 4 Hours. (Class times can vary on number of students)
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote