Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-23-2011, 11:58 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2

Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?

Last edited by Bearcat; 07-28-2015 at 05:52 PM..
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2020, 05:02 PM   #3046
In my youth i pray to keep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
First time I've seen this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
I'd be a bit concerned about cycling them thru anything but a break action shotty.

Neat trick however.
I've shot em out of a pump but it wont cycle them. You have to manually put it in the chamber.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 12:43 PM   #3047
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

I"m online today looking for an AR when I noticed this is in stock right now. I've been reading about it and want one.

Anybody seen one in action yet or have any thoughts on it?

I'll need to go today, stock doesn't last long around here lately.

SIG SAUER P320 9MM 3.6"BBL X-SERIES BL W/ROMEO1 PRO 2020
he P320 XCompact features a completely redesigned modular polymer XSeries grip with a reduced fastback carry cut and a low-profile internal magwell. Combined with the extended beavertail and high undercut trigger guard, the XCompact offers ultimate comfort and concealability AND improved recoil control. The 3.6 barrel and XSeries slide with enhanced serrations come equipped with the X-Ray3 day/night front sight with rear night sight plate assembly. The XCompact is fully compatible with the ROMEO1PRO reflex optic and comes with two (2) 15-rd magazines. The P320 XCompact is the ultimate balance of form and function and redefines what compact pistols should be.

https://www.nwarmory.com/product/p32...product_detail
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 12:50 PM   #3048
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
I"m online today looking for an AR when I noticed this is in stock right now. I've been reading about it and want one.

Anybody seen one in action yet or have any thoughts on it?

I'll need to go today, stock doesn't last long around here lately.

SIG SAUER P320 9MM 3.6"BBL X-SERIES BL W/ROMEO1 PRO 2020
he P320 XCompact features a completely redesigned modular polymer XSeries grip with a reduced fastback carry cut and a low-profile internal magwell. Combined with the extended beavertail and high undercut trigger guard, the XCompact offers ultimate comfort and concealability AND improved recoil control. The 3.6 barrel and XSeries slide with enhanced serrations come equipped with the X-Ray3 day/night front sight with rear night sight plate assembly. The XCompact is fully compatible with the ROMEO1PRO reflex optic and comes with two (2) 15-rd magazines. The P320 XCompact is the ultimate balance of form and function and redefines what compact pistols should be.

https://www.nwarmory.com/product/p32...product_detail

I have just bought the 320 myself...Although mine didn't come with the Romeo (no big deal).

I have been a SIG guy since my days in the 70s and 80s in Germany. For the first couple of years (74-75) we carried standard 1911s - which I love, but they are a pain in the ass to conceal.

Eventually the DOD switched over to the Baretta 92. AT that time we switched over to the SIG P220 and I fell in love with the brand. Been my go to pistol all these years later, although I still proudly have my 1911s....

I personally think you made a great decision but, like everything else in life, everything doesn't work for everyone. I think you'll love the Armys new standard pistol.
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:04 PM   #3049
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randallflagg View Post

I have just bought the 320 myself...Although mine didn't come with the Romeo (no big deal).

I have been a SIG guy since my days in the 70s and 80s in Germany. For the first couple of years (74-75) we carried standard 1911s - which I love, but they are a pain in the ass to conceal.

Eventually the DOD switched over to the Baretta 92. AT that time we switched over to the SIG P220 and I fell in love with the brand. Been my go to pistol all these years later, although I still proudly have my 1911s....

I personally think you made a great decision but, like everything else in life, everything doesn't work for everyone. I think you'll love the Armys new standard pistol.
I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet but I'm just about there. I have an HKVP9 that I really like and want another 9 that is quality. Your feedback is useful, thank you. Now I just have to convince myself that it's okay that I set out looking for a .556 and ended up with another handgun.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:14 PM   #3050
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
I haven't pulled the trigger on it yet but I'm just about there. I have an HKVP9 that I really like and want another 9 that is quality. Your feedback is useful, thank you. Now I just have to convince myself that it's okay that I set out looking for a .556 and ended up with another handgun.
In this climate, if you find something you want, jump on it. That in-stock status could change in an instant.

Like Randallflagg, I have nothing but good things to say about Sig. I own three, and have never had an issue with any of them. My P365XL is my daily carry gun, and runs like a scalded dog.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:26 PM   #3051
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
In this climate, if you find something you want, jump on it. That in-stock status could change in an instant.

Like Randallflagg, I have nothing but good things to say about Sig. I own three, and have never had an issue with any of them. My P365XL is my daily carry gun, and runs like a scalded dog.
That's two for two on the recommends, thanks Fraz. I have another two hours before my day is done and I can head over there, we'll see if its still in-stock when I get there.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:28 PM   #3052
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
That's two for two on the recommends, thanks Fraz. I have another two hours before my day is done and I can head over there, we'll see if its still in-stock when I get there.
You might try calling ahead and seeing if they'll hold one for you.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:33 PM   #3053
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
You might try calling ahead and seeing if they'll hold one for you.
Gun shops around here quit answering their phones a long time ago. You're right, can't hurt to try.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2020, 02:38 PM   #3054
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Gun shops around here quit answering their phones a long time ago. You're right, can't hurt to try.
Good luck.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:51 PM   #3055
MVP

Quote:

Yep! I carry a P365 everyday and I am in love with that little fella!!
Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Randallflagg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:51 PM   #3056
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Gratuitous photo time. From left to right, STX 1911 .45 ACP, C3 1911 .45 ACP, P365XL 9mm.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sigs.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	120808  
Old 07-13-2020, 02:53 PM   #3057
Veteran

Im in the process of 3D printing a 10-22 receiver. The version I have found when printed with the same material I am using has over 1000 rounds through several different receivers with no failures. 3D tech gas come really far.
dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.dmahurin threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 07-13-2020, 02:59 PM   #3058
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Gratuitous photo time. From left to right, STX 1911 .45 ACP, C3 1911 .45 ACP, P365XL 9mm.
Those 1911s are pretty. That's a chunk of change you have sitting there, good spot for an insurance rider. What trigger is on that P365?
Old 07-13-2020, 03:02 PM   #3059
Supporter

I have a VP9 and a long barrel P320 with romeo sight.

The VP9 is better in virtually every way, but that doesn't mean the 320 is bad. I compare all my pistols, including several 1911s to the VP9. They all come up short.

The 320 is a good handgun, and the red dot sight is so good it feels like cheating. It looks absolutely badass in person, too.

I need to smooth the trigger on the 320 and it will help tremendously. It's very raw compared to most of my other handguns.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2020, 03:05 PM   #3060
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
I have a VP9 and a long barrel P320 with romeo sight.

The VP9 is better in virtually every way, but that doesn't mean the 320 is bad. I compare all my pistols, including several 1911s to the VP9. They all come up short.

The 320 is a good handgun, and the red dot sight is so good it feels like cheating. It looks absolutely badass in person, too.
Good intel, thanks. I have a green dot on my VP9 and some days I can ring steel like Hickok45 (ok not really but it feels like it). My HK45 has iron sights and I'm not as good with it. I'm over 50 now so maybe the dot is what I need.
That's one of the things I like about this 320 is the red dot on it.