Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 AM  
Supporter

Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread

Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408

Last edited by Buehler445; 03-02-2020 at 09:14 AM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:20 PM   #13366
MVP

I must not be doing it right, BL. I never have the great big air bubbles. The starter is so active that I typically reduce the amount of yeast called for in every recipe as well as the amount of liquid called for.

I always get a real nice tight texture, even in my bread machine.

Seinfeld would fight anybody for a loaf of my sourdough marble rye. It has won me many friends and influenced twice as many more.

There are bubbles in my English muffins and crumpets. But they aren't big like the French bread you buy at the store.

Dinny
Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:22 PM   #13367
MVP

Ooops. Forgot the pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nobubbles.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	118052  
Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Dinny Bossa Nova 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:26 PM   #13368
MVP

Packaged flour, corn meal, baking soda, salt and pepper? reall did you get 2 cases for $1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebag02 View Post
Bought a few boxes today. Can’t wait to eat some garden fresh

cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.cooper barrett Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-13-2019, 07:29 PM   #13369
Snacks Are Under My Apron

No, but I did find some Yoder 90/10 ground for $3 a pound
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2019, 08:53 PM   #13370
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebag02 View Post
I like them when they just have a hint of orange starting to show in the green while they are still firm. I can just eat them alone for meals.

Shooting for over 100 plants this year.
I vine ripened tomato with a little salt, eaten like an apple, is awesome!
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 09:00 PM   #13371
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! View Post
You can get that with most any artisan loaf. Check out the master recipe for Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day or something like that. Day three dough is amazing for what you describe without the taste of sourdough.
Bigger deal for you than I, apparently.

My point wasn't that I put up with disgusting sourdough flavor because I can't find the texture anywhere else.

It was that I like it all right for the texture, and the flavor is fine. Not bad, but not the Platonic ideal.

I'm not desperately searching for sourdough alternatives.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:03 PM   #13372
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
Sourdough is all about TEXTURE.
If I were assembling my Platonic ideal of a loaf [or slice, or hunk] of bread, I wouldn't lean towards the FLAVOR of Sourdough.
But that crunch to the crust, and all the airy chewy interior pockets, make up for it in spades.
Sorry to disagree but Sourdough is equally about the taste if not more. This isn't a French baguette or Italian loaf all about the crunch and textur; it truly is about the sour flavoring from the dough. Very unique.

What restaurant or store or who gave you that impression?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:16 PM   #13373
Supporter

Jesus, kicked up a hornet's nest of bread pedants.

I [me, myself] decided, I liked the texture of sourdough.

I [me, myself] decided that the taste of sourdough is OK, but that there are better [and worse] out there.

All opinions are mine, given freely, and of my own volition.

And FTR - The raison d'etre for sourdough is not flavor OR texture, but practicality. Sourdough maintained natural yeasts in starter, facilitating the maintenance and dissemination of leavened bread without isolating and commoditizing commercial yeast.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:26 AM   #13374

Schlotzkys has a hell a sourdough bread. I usually opt for the Jalapeņo Cheddar. Damn may have to go to town for lunch... that Deluxe Original is a Homerun everytime.
threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.threebag is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:50 AM   #13375
MVP

I forgot how much fun it is to participate in the food thread as I haven't attempted for a long time.

A thousand pardons.

I realize my mistake and am truly sorry.

Dinny
Old 03-14-2019, 06:52 PM   #13376
MVP

seared chicken breast, w/ roasted sweet pepper, avocado & salsa
aspargus
grapes & strawberries
green tea and strawberry mochi
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:57 PM   #13377

$3.14 pizza pie from the Sbarro/villa thing in the mall food court. It was tasty
Old 03-15-2019, 06:46 AM   #13378
Supporter

That time o'year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0097.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	118064  
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 08:20 AM   #13379
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Lee View Post
That time o'year.
Toast?
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:27 AM   #13380
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Toast?
Kidding? I was lucky to finish THAT without a nap in the middle of the meal. Bread would have put me in a coma.