Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-02-2020, 09:06 PM   Topic Starter
Keep Camp Home!

Finally, a steak worthy of ketchup

https://www.engadget.com/3d-printed-...193947695.html
cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.cmh6476 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-02-2020, 10:00 PM   #2
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

It can also be used as a replacement human kidney.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-02-2020, 10:05 PM   #3
The Maintenance Guy

Yeah, drench it in ketchup, then throw it and the bottle of ketchup into the trash.
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 12:40 AM   #4
Pessimistically optimistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
Yeah, drench it in ketchup, then throw it and the bottle of ketchup into the trash.
Patrick Mahomes has unfriended the Kansas City Chiefs.
MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.MMXcalibur is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 07:04 AM   #5
Kind of a mod

I can't imagine it would be very good, but I'd try it. The Impossible Burger is pretty tasty, to my surprise.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:41 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I can't imagine it would be very good, but I'd try it. The Impossible Burger is pretty tasty, to my surprise.
You think you were surprised at how good it tasted, just wait until the truth comes out about what they were really putting in those Impossible Burgers (hint - Soylent Green). Then you're really gonna be surprised at how good it tasted.
JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.JohnnyHammersticks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:30 AM   #7
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks View Post
You think you were surprised at how good it tasted, just wait until the truth comes out about what they were really putting in those Impossible Burgers (hint - Soylent Green). Then you're really gonna be surprised at how good it tasted.
Burger King is people.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 07:29 AM   #8
Immanentize The Eschaton

Relax. This is how we eventually get the food replicator from Star Trek.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 09:01 AM   #9
I'll be back.

a nation of soy boys
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 09:47 AM   #10
Be Kind To Your Pets

I had real TBone steaks for dinner last night and they were faaaaabulous. I draw the line at 3-D replicated fake steak. No can do.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:22 PM   #11
My Mamma Says

Just a matter of time till the 3D printed humans arrive.. See Westworld..
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2020, 09:20 AM   #12
Curmudgeon

The problem I have with those soy/unknown substance burgers isn't so much the taste, but the texture. Bite into one and when you chew, it becomes some kind of pasty goo. I'm out.
oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.oldman is too fat/Omaha.
Old 07-04-2020, 02:45 PM   #13
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
The problem I have with those soy/unknown substance burgers isn't so much the taste, but the texture. Bite into one and when you chew, it becomes some kind of pasty goo. I'm out.
Have you tried the Impossible Burger? It tastes so much like meat that my vegetarian friend won't eat it.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2020, 03:55 PM   #14
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
Have you tried the Impossible Burger? It tastes so much like meat that my vegetarian friend won't eat it.
I tried the Impossible Whopper; it was OK, I guess. Fairly reminiscent of what I remembered a Whopper tasting like.

I've been a vegetarian for a few years now, and I really don't "get" the whole fake meat thing. If I wanted meat, I would simply eat it. The notion of a 3D printed plant steak is a hard pass from me.

The only way I can see this taking off is if there is a confluence of events that render real meat cost prohibitive and the fake steak market can overcome adoption barriers where economies of scale can make it significantly more affordable than meat.
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2020, 04:06 PM   #15
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
I tried the Impossible Whopper; it was OK, I guess. Fairly reminiscent of what I remembered a Whopper tasting like.

I've been a vegetarian for a few years now, and I really don't "get" the whole fake meat thing. If I wanted meat, I would simply eat it. The notion of a 3D printed plant steak is a hard pass from me.

The only way I can see this taking off is if there is a confluence of events that render real meat cost prohibitive and the fake steak market can overcome adoption barriers where economies of scale can make it significantly more affordable than meat.
To be fair, I've had it at a reasonably nice restaurant where they actually know how to cook a burger, and that's what I'm primarily thinking of. The Burger King version is fine, but at the end of the day it's a Burger King burger.

As for the plant-based meat broadly, though, I think of it more as being for someone like me than someone like you. I don't think I could ever truly be vegetarian, but I do think that the world would generally be a little better place if we had less of a need for raising and slaughtering meat. So, if they can come up with some products that satisfy my need for meat while reducing the impacts of growing said meat, I'm all for it.

But yeah, they're gonna have to get the prices down. I actually think it's likely they'll get there in the next 5-10 years, but we'll see.