Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-16-2020, 04:21 PM  
MVP

2020 First Round Mock Draft 3.0

Final rendition for this year. I expect a lot of movement throughout the draft as rankings are probably a bit unsettled since the pandemic has clouded the process. I don't expect a run or high grouping of tackles like most pundits because of the depth of the position and a lack of experienced and complete LT prospects. And away we go...

1-01 Cincinnati Bengals - QB Joe Burrow, LSU
The Bengals get Ohio native Joe Burrow to fix their long-term needs at QB, unless he pulls an Eli.
1-02 Washington Redskins - DE Chase Young, Ohio State
The Redskins appear to be all-in on Haskins as their future at QB so they lock down the draft's best player and edge in Young.
1-03 Miami Dolphins (f/ DET) - QB Justin Herbert, Oregon (Detroit receives 1-05, 1-26, 2-56)
The Dolphins would likely give up the farm (and they own it) to get to #1 for Burrow but it doesn't seem likely at this point that Cincinnati is going to deal the pick. They go with their next draft love in Herbert over Tua by trading with Detroit.
1-04 Los Angeles Chargers (f/NYG) - QB Jordan Love, Utah (New York receives 1-06, 2-37)
The Chargers jump up a spot to make certain they get their QBOTF.
1-05 Detroit Lions (f/MIA) - DT Derrick Brown, Auburn
The Lions got a solid haul from Miami and get a force in Derrick Brown to help their run defense and pass rush.
1-06 New York Giants (f/LAC) - LB Isaiah Simmons, Clemson
Gettleman uncharacteristically moves out of his draft slot but returns to the status quo and goes after an ultra-athletic playmaker on defense in Simmons.
1-07 Carolina Panthers - CB Jeffrey Okudah, Ohio State
The Panthers need to replace their losses all throughout their defense and get a good one in Okudah to replace Bradberry in a surprise drop.
1-08 Arizona Cardinals - DT Javon Kinlaw, South Carolina
The Cards never replaced Calais Campbell but finally take their shot to land a stud 5-tech opposite Allen.
1-09 Jacksonville Jaguars - CB CJ Henderson, Florida
The Jags cleaned house on defense so they definitely will be looking at a CB early and Henderson is the 2nd best in this draft without a doubt.
1-10 Cleveland Browns - OT Tristan Wirfs, Iowa
The Browns need to finally replace Joe Thomas and get an athletic specimen in Wirfs.
1-11 Denver Broncos (f/NYJ) - WR CeeDee Lamb (New York receives 1-15, 3-77, 5-178)
Denver needs to add playmakers so they make a move up to secure the draft's top wideout in Lamb.
1-12 Las Vegas Raiders - WR Justin Jefferson, LSU
The Raiders stand pat and get a playmaker for Carr.
1-13 San Francisco 49ers (f/IND) - WR Henry Ruggs, Alabama (from Buckner trade)
The 49ers need more big-play ability opposite Samuel and they get exactly that with Ruggs insane speed.
1-14 Tampa Bay Buccaneers - ER K'Lavon Chaisson, LSU
The Bucs struggled to rush the passer for a decade before landing Shaq Barrett, whom they haven't signed long-term, so they have to look for the future with hopes they are providing a bookend rather than replacement.
1-15 New York Jets (f/DEN) - OT Jedrick Wills, Alabama
The Jets move down and still get a top-level tackle prospect in the middle of the draft.
1-16 Atlanta Falcons - LB Patrick Queen, LSU
Atlanta's only real LB is Deion Jones so they desperately need more there.
1-17 Dallas Cowboys - CB A.J. Terrell, Clemson
Losing Byron Jones hurts so the Cowboys restock with the long and athletic Terrell.
1-18 Miami Dolphins (f/PIT) - OT Andrew Thomas, Georgia (from Fitzpatrick trade)
Julie'n Davenport is not the answer at LT to protect their shiny new QB, so they grab one of the few pure LTs in the draft in the underrated Thomas.
1-19 Las Vegas Raiders (f/CHI) - CB Jaylon Johnson, Utah (from Mack trade)
Mayock has shown alot of interest in Johnson and has done so with Utah corners in the past. Johnson is a Raider.
1-20 Jacksonville Jaguars (f/LAR) - OT Josh Jones, Houston (from Ramsey trade)
The Jaguars went CB early and waited on OT in a deep class.
1-21 Philadelphia Eagles (f/TB) - WR Jerry Jeudy, Alabama
There's a lot of smoke about the Eagles moving up to get a receiver but I doubt they need to. Jeudy is stupid but once he gets the offense he can be special.
1-22 Minnesota Vikings (f/BUF) - CB Trevon Diggs, Alabama (from S. Diggs trade)
The Vikings swap one Diggs for another, landing Trevon as a press CB to replace the departed Xavier Rhodes (and just about everyone else).
1-23 New England Patriots - QB Tua Tagovailoa, Alabama
Tua has medical flags and he's dumb but Bill will reach out to his old friend and get the low-down on this guy. Tua's skill set fits what Bill likes.
1-24 New Orleans Saints - LB Kenneth Murray, Oklahoma
The Saints need to replace Kiko Alonso on the inside.
1-25 Minnesota Vikings - WR Denzel Mims, Baylor
The Vikings will see some resemblances of Randy Moss in Mims with length, speed, and a large catch radius.
1-26 Detroit Lions (f/HOU via MIA) - CB Kristian Fulton, LSU
The Lions pass on Okudah so they'll need a CB to replace Slay and Fulton is that guy.
1-27 Seattle Seahawks - LB Zack Baun, Wisconsin
The Seahawks brought Bruce Irvin back so replacing their Leo reeks of desperation. Baun is a great fit.
1-28 Baltimore Ravens - ER Yetur Gross-Matos, Penn State
John Harbaugh was vocal about addressing the interior offensive line, but their pass rush was weak and they need to address it early.
1-29 Tennessee Titans - OT Mekhi Becton, Louisville
The Titans lost big when Conklin departed so they'll have to look to replace the stud RT. Becton falls because he's an idiot.
1-30 Green Bay Packers - WR Brandon Aiyuk, Arizona State
Aaron Rodgers is tired of throwing to scrubs and Aiyuk will have him reminiscing about Greg Jennings.
1-31 San Francisco 49ers - DT Raekwon Davis, Alabama
The 49ers don't see an amazing value here at CB so they go with Raekwon Davis to replace Buckner.
1-32 Kansas City Chiefs - DE A.J. Epenesa, Iowa
Veach is a mixed bag in terms of production versus traits, but he seems to favor production when it's there and Epenesa is a prime case-in-point of a player that should go top-15 but is looking at a probable slide due to a bad day in underwear. Plus, Epenesa fits a forward-looking need and depth consideration now.

Last edited by kccrow; 04-18-2020 at 12:06 AM..
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-17-2020, 01:33 PM   #2
MVP

Its hard to argue against any of it. I feel like epenessa with clark and jones would be nasty!
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:07 PM   #3
MVP

Made some tweaks. I don't give a lot of credence to smoke that comes out this time of year, but I will adjust for stupidity and some other considerations where I think I agree with cutting against the grain.

Some other notes.

I won't drop Kinlaw in terms of 2nd DT off the board, he's really the best interior defensive lineman in the draft. If his knees are that bad then call me an idiot later.

The guys with labrum repairs won't drop significantly unless they have other concerns. That injury has been proven not to change NFL career trajectories.

Also won't drop Jaylon Johnson. It's been two great years of play after the last shoulder surgery. I think it's a minor issue, yes, but he's a CB not a LB.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:16 PM   #4
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Well DLine is about the last thing I'm looking for in the first round, but Epenesa would be an excellent fit. He has position flexibility along the line and he seems like a kid Daly would get a ton out of. He's good at setting the edge, I think he would be a guy you could count on at DE for the next 5 years.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.