Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-03-2020, 01:51 PM   #2
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
Why isn't the D a player or 2 away? The safeties are great, the DL is good/great. Ward and Fenton at CB are both solid. Hitchens, Wilson, and maybe Niemann/DOD make up most of a linebacker unit. I'd argue that the right picks at corner and linebacker could have the unit playing like a top 10 unit again by season end, barring significant injuries.
Why? Because they don't have "Elite" players at every position. They'll be a good defense in 2020 and definitely good enough to win another championship, but certainly not dominant. Adding another WR and RB would almost insure that this offense remains in the Top 3, if not #1 overall.

Quote:
The offense is already pretty much guaranteed to be top 5, especially if we can find some depth in rounds 3-5 at RB and IOL. If we trust that Hardman was a good pick last year, why would we need to use another high pick again on a receiver? And it's already been proven you can find good runningbacks in the middle rounds, it seems like a waste when we already have Williams and just need a solid #2 for him.
Middle rounds? The Chiefs only have five selections at this time and it's better to draft BPA than overdraft a CB, Guard or LB.

With only 5 picks, the Chiefs don't have the luxury to draft for "depth". They need their first 3 picks (and hopefully 4th) to contribute almost immediately and it would be an absolute waste of critical resources to spend anything other than their 5th on depth.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 02:06 PM   #3
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Why? Because they don't have "Elite" players at every position. They'll be a good defense in 2020 and definitely good enough to win another championship, but certainly not dominant. Adding another WR and RB would almost insure that this offense remains in the Top 3, if not #1 overall.

Middle rounds? The Chiefs only have five selections at this time and it's better to draft BPA than overdraft a CB, Guard or LB.

With only 5 picks, the Chiefs don't have the luxury to draft for "depth". They need their first 3 picks (and hopefully 4th) to contribute almost immediately and it would be an absolute waste of critical resources to spend anything other than their 5th on depth.
Well I'm on board with us trading down from #32, as you mentioned. I'd even be on board with trading a pick or two from next year to acquire an additional pick this year with the understanding that compensatory picks are coming our way.

I mean, I agree we shouldn't overdraft a CB, guard or LB. I just find it hard to believe that if we trade down and acquire an additional pick in the 3rd that we can't find a way to make BPA match up with at least 2 of of those positions.

And I guess I'm back to bitching about the lack of draft picks at cornerback yet again, and last year I was proven wrong about the positional group then. But at least we had bodies then. We don't even have enough warm bodies to throw at the position to field a defense right now. Rashad Fenton is the only corner we've drafted in the last 3 years, and luckily he's worked out well so far. Can you imagine ignoring the position for a 4th year in a row? Ward is also a RFA after next year as well and could be in line for a bigger contract next offseason if he finally puts it all together.

Either way, I'm fairly confident Veach will in fact draft a corner in the first 3 rounds. And I'm hoping a linebacker is in the mix as well, because that's another position we've largely ignored in the draft. It's not exactly surprising that we have positional weaknesses at CB, LB, and OL when the only player we've taken at any of those positions in the last 3 years has been Dorian O'Daniel, and he's a complete bust.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:48 PM   #4
He's Mahomie!

Andy at the hotel room: "Press 1 to make a draft selection. Press 0 to order room service".

The pressure will be real.
MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 02:02 PM   #5
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahiMike View Post
Andy at the hotel room: "Press 1 to make a draft selection. Press 0 to order room service".

Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2020, 01:28 AM   #6
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahiMike View Post

"The Kansas City Chiefs select a.. .. a #7 with extra everything and even more french fries and a diet coke?"
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 04-04-2020, 05:35 AM   #7
MVP

I trust Andy and Veach
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 02:22 PM   #8
Chiefs

ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ShowtimeSBMVP has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 04-03-2020, 02:29 PM   #9
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP View Post

The last part of the tweet will enrage AP's drooling mindless followers
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 08:22 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Not this guy.

Swift, Dobbins or Akers would just crush in this offense.
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:03 PM   #11
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Been wanting an upgrade at RB since the beginning of last season.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 09:07 PM   #12
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
Been wanting an upgrade at RB since the beginning of last season.
I do as well, but I don't think a 1st is necessary. I'm not familiar with the runningbacks in the draft, certainly there must be some in the 3rd round range that would be viable?
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:34 PM   #13
Mindful Taoist German

Quote:
I do as well, but I don't think a 1st is necessary. I'm not familiar with the runningbacks in the draft, certainly there must be some in the 3rd round range that would be viable?
I really like Dobbins myself.
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 02:55 PM   #14
Banned!

The Chiefs FO is excellent at breaking down film. Given the current circumstances, that’s just about all that’s been allowed. I think we’ll do well.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:08 PM   #15
Just a li'l Evel

YES! The NFL front offices finally get to experience the frustration of an online draft like I do in fantasy football every season.
TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.TinyEvel is obviously part of the inner Circle.