Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-10-2019, 03:23 AM  
Has a particular set of skills

****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****

Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

Last edited by BigRedChief; 10-11-2019 at 12:57 PM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:55 PM   #1801
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDj23 View Post
He is mad
You should probably turn off more Cardinals games.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:57 PM   #1802
In my youth i pray to keep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
You should probably turn off more Cardinals games.
The Cubs fan lashes out as his dynasty dies before his eyes.
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:02 PM   #1803
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Nothing is dying. This is the same FO that took the Red Sox to 2 WS and had an 86 win season and 3rd in the division just before the 2nd one.

What they do this off season will determine how this story ends.

I only wish the Cubs could be so lucky to extend a bunch of veterans through their decline years in order to keep the band together. Good luck in the playoffs.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:17 PM   #1804

Quote:
Nothing is dying. This is the same FO that took the Red Sox to 2 WS and had an 86 win season and 3rd in the division just before the 2nd one.

What they do this off season will determine how this story ends.

I only wish the Cubs could be so lucky to extend a bunch of veterans through their decline years in order to keep the band together. Good luck in the playoffs.
Isn't your entire starting pitching staff a bunch of aging veterans?
bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.bdj23 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-20-2019, 10:22 PM   #1805
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Hamels is done after this season. Lester has 1 year left.

They will need to figure out what to do with the 5th spot that Hamels is vacating.

They still have Hendricks and Darvish has been pretty ****ing good for a few months now. Whether Darvish continues this trend into next season or not is up in the air and if he can remain healthy.

I'd like to see them get a legit top 3 rotational piece for a playoff roster and I would feel pretty comfortable that Quintana and Lester wouldn't **** it up in the regular season.

The bullpen and the swing and miss in the lineup is a much bigger issue than the starting pitching.

Last edited by jd1020; 09-20-2019 at 11:11 PM..
Old 09-21-2019, 06:10 AM   #1806

Quote:
I havent lost shit.

Ask me if I still like the Cubs future over the Cardinals. Answer: Yes.

The Cubs need to tweak their roster, not tear it apart. They still have 4 guys under control that if they threw their names into the hat they could name their ****ing price. Even if you take one out of the equation you still have 3 and then Kyle Schwarber bringing it up the rear hitting 40 HRs.
Quote:
He is mad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
Cubs seem to be taking it up the rear this September, hoss.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

They will need to figure out what to do with the 5th spot that Hamels is vacating.

They still have Hendricks and Darvish has been pretty ****ing good for a few months now. Whether Darvish continues this trend into next season or not is up in the air and if he can remain healthy.

I'd like to see them get a legit top 3 rotational piece for a playoff roster and I would feel pretty comfortable that Quintana and Lester wouldn't **** it up in the regular season.

The bullpen and the swing and miss in the lineup is a much bigger issue than the starting pitching.
Maybe you wernt talking "dynasty" in this thread but for god damn sure your fellow Cubby fans were. National media was.

Dude, read your posts, You sound pissed. Thats okay embrace the horror. We have been in that place for 3 years. We are/were pissed. It's just rival smack.

We haven't been in the playoffs in 3 years. You wont have to go back too many pages to find me bitching about my team, GM etc. and I'm probably the biggest homer in here. No one in here thinks we have a chance at a WS. For right now, we are just glad to to be sending our rival home this year, just like your team did to us.

Last edited by BigRedChief; 09-21-2019 at 06:15 AM..
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2019, 07:24 AM   #1807
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Dude, read your posts, You sound pissed. Thats okay embrace the horror. We have been in that place for 3 years. We are/were pissed. It's just rival smack.
What the **** are you talking about?

I'm not pissed about this team probably not going to the playoffs. I havent been pissed about this team not being a legit playoff threat since midway 2017.

Go back and ****ing read my thoughts on this teams ability to do something in the playoffs in years past. I saw this shit coming with the Chapman trade. Ya that one worked out because it got a WS, fine, that still doesnt take away how shortsighted it was. Then the following season a similar trade was made twice to get Wade Davis and then Jose Quintana and I absolutely ****ing hated that shit because they gave up a top 5 prospect and a top 60 prospect with 2 throw ins for ****ing what? A once former "potential ace" who was in the middle of his worst season as major leaguer after his batman was traded to the Red Sox 7 months prior. They got a soft tossing finesse lefty and paid such a stupid ass price for it that the White Sox didn't even bother trying to negotiate a better deal in the month or so left they were allowed. Rick Hahn practically laughed in Theo's face immediately after by saying no one else was really even close to the Cubs offer, look what I got! Meanwhile a little known guy over in Detroit named Justin Verlander wasn't exactly quiet about wanting to be traded to the Cubs and how much do you think it would have cost to land him compared to Quintana? He wanted to be in Chicago so extending him wouldn't have been an issue but hey at least we got a 4th starter/bullpen arm for the playoffs and we control him for the next 3 years at "half price" and we only gave up what it would take to get an ace to get him.

Now you did all of that and what did you do to address the offense that ranks up there with the Orioles for the most games scoring 1 or less runs? Nothing. Go ask Jacob deGrom how many wins you get without run support. Sure this team scores a lot of runs but thats an illusion because one game they'll score 11 and for the next 2 games they wont even have 11 hits combined. I believe the Cubs are dead ****ing last in making contact. How do you score runs if you can't make contact with the baseball? Hope to play the Pirates 162 times a year, even then its iffy because just before the ASB they lost 3 out of 4 in a series against the Pirates.

Now today you still need to fix the offense, going to have to find a guy to do what you thought Quintana was going to do, and what is left to make a trade? Its like watching Travolta in Pulp Fiction.

via GIPHY

My absolute biggest fear is that Theo looks at this 2nd half with Castellanos, who got an adrenaline injection when he was traded from the Tigers to a team that was in the playoff hunt and has played out of his mind, and throws a bunch of money at him while ignoring that he's pretty damn close to rivaling Baez for chasing pitches out of the zone and has a not so nice swinging strike rate. And that's ignoring his defense on a NL team. Ya he can catch the balls hit at him but let me know how many doubles dont turn into triples with the way he plays the corners.

Last edited by jd1020; 09-21-2019 at 09:55 AM..
Old 09-21-2019, 12:22 PM   #1808
Veteran

Let’s go Cards! Cubs fans haven’t thrown a beer at me yet so that’s progress from my last game here.
Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Marco Polo has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 12:29 PM   #1809
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Polo View Post

Let’s go Cards! Cubs fans haven’t thrown a beer at me yet so that’s progress from my last game here.
Dude in front of you looks like a bitch.
Sec
seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:36 PM   #1810

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Polo View Post

I got into it with a guy that looked like a Chicago Superfan my first time at Wrigley. My wife thought I was gonna get beat up the next night sitting in the bleachers. Lmao good times.
Old 09-21-2019, 12:56 PM   #1811

Get him out ffs
Old 09-21-2019, 01:25 PM   #1812
MVP

Tried to delete it but don’t care cause **** the cubs.sec
seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.seclark is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-21-2019, 01:55 PM   #1813
Rufus Dawes Jr.

Quote:

Cubs fan here.

And yeah, they suck. Props to the Cards for hanging around at taking control of the division. Its really remarkable.

What the Cubs need is a mini rebuild - and that might take a little time. Still I think they can be competitive(Meaning playoff team) and do this if they are smart.

As I see it pitching is the main problem. There is not much to like about the Cubs current pitching staff as its old and expensive. I think they need to move Bryant - he's a not a superstar, but I'm sure some team would love to have him. If I'm the Cubs I keep Castellanos, Baez, and Rizzo as my core. I don't know what do do with Contrareas - nice bat, not a great catcher.

Move Bryant for some young pitching and I think you are good to go.
Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Hoover 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 09-21-2019, 02:00 PM   #1814

With the wind blowing out and both starters gone in the 4th, this may be a Denver type of game. 10-9 win?
Old 09-21-2019, 02:04 PM   #1815
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

I'm digging this inning.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.