Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-01-2023, 11:01 AM  
In Search of a Life

2023 Free Agency

Figured we could get one of these going as well.

Who's some guys we like, would like to see in KC?
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-02-2023, 01:22 PM   #61
Starter

"This year, Jones, according to a league source, wants an extension that will make him at least the second-highest player at his position. In June, Aaron Donald, the Los Angeles Rams’ superstar defensive tackle, signed a three-year, $95 million contract restructure."

Considering second is 21AAV (DeForest Buckner) and Aaron Donald is 31.67AAV, thats a massive gap in contract space to be the 2nd highest player...

Last edited by kcgreene; 03-02-2023 at 01:23 PM.. Reason: Quoting issue
kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.kcgreene has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-02-2023, 01:25 PM   #62
Andy Reid Supporter

Yeah I don’t see us being active in FA. Maybe a guy in the 2nd wave.

We should be good for an Eric Reid or MVS type player/contract.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-02-2023, 02:35 PM   #63
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcgreene View Post
"This year, Jones, according to a league source, wants an extension that will make him at least the second-highest player at his position. In June, Aaron Donald, the Los Angeles Rams’ superstar defensive tackle, signed a three-year, $95 million contract restructure."

Considering second is 21AAV (DeForest Buckner) and Aaron Donald is 31.67AAV, thats a massive gap in contract space to be the 2nd highest player...
Sounds like, at least according to the 'league source', Jones isn't wanting Aaron Donald money. So better than Buckner money is our target range.

So 4 year, $90 million with $45-55 mil. gtd? You good with that Chris? If so, let's get it done.
TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.TomBarndtsTwin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 06:25 AM   #64
MVP

https://theathletic.com/4270330/2023...shared_article

According to multiple league sources, the Chiefs are interested in adding a veteran at the position, someone who will compete with Buechele and Oladokun for the role during training camp and the preseason. This spring, the open market includes several quarterbacks who could be interested in working alongside Reid and Mahomes, including Teddy Bridgewater, Jacoby Brissett, Marcus Mariota, Andy Dalton, Taylor Heinicke, Gardner Minshew, Carson Wentz and Chase Daniel.
nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.
Old 03-03-2023, 06:32 AM   #65
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychief View Post

According to multiple league sources, the Chiefs are interested in adding a veteran at the position, someone who will compete with Buechele and Oladokun for the role during training camp and the preseason. This spring, the open market includes several quarterbacks who could be interested in working alongside Reid and Mahomes, including Teddy Bridgewater, Jacoby Brissett, Marcus Mariota, Andy Dalton, Taylor Heinicke, Gardner Minshew, Carson Wentz and Chase Daniel.
Of that list, I've always kind of liked Minshew.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2023, 06:40 AM   #66
MVP

Need Tubby Tubman for QB sneaks
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-03-2023, 07:16 AM   #67
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by nychief View Post

Of all those I’d say give me brissett
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 07:40 AM   #68
In Search of a Life

Taylor Heinicke would be the perfect backup.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 08:55 AM   #69
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Of that list, I've always kind of liked Minshew.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Taylor Heinicke would be the perfect backup.
These are the two.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 09:05 AM   #70
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Taylor in FA would give you a pathway to moving on from Orlando Brown on the other side.

Much easier to stomach the idea of a rookie at LT if you have a proven, above-average vet at the other spot.
I don't think I'd sign Taylor unless I think I can convert him to LT.

Because odds are that rookie OT will need to play RT in the near term anyway. Taylor at RT really wouldn't make me that much more comfortable in a rookie LT. I'm just going to have a really hard time warming to that idea.

If we are going to get a LT from the draft, the time to do it is the year before you have to. A rookie LT just isn't a good idea. Even the best have a really long learning curve and the odds are exceptionally high that we take a significant step back at the position for a year and possibly 2.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2023, 09:11 AM   #71
Baba Ganoush

Free agent WR Marcus Kemp is following his offensive coordinator to Washington. He signed with the Commanders this morning, per source.

Kemp is reunited in Washington with Eric Bieniemy, the offensive coordinator with whom he's spent most of his career.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-03-2023, 09:30 AM   #72
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Agreed.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-03-2023, 09:48 AM   #73
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Agree...always been somewhat impressed by Brissette when he's played the Chiefs (considering him as a backup). In a great system and staff, I think he would be a fine backup.
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 03-03-2023, 09:59 AM   #74
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I don't think I'd sign Taylor unless I think I can convert him to LT.

Because odds are that rookie OT will need to play RT in the near term anyway. Taylor at RT really wouldn't make me that much more comfortable in a rookie LT. I'm just going to have a really hard time warming to that idea.

If we are going to get a LT from the draft, the time to do it is the year before you have to. A rookie LT just isn't a good idea. Even the best have a really long learning curve and the odds are exceptionally high that we take a significant step back at the position for a year and possibly 2.
This is why I just don't think they're gonna roll out a rookie LT.

People are gonna be mad when we pay OBJ and we're gonna go thru this whole thing every game. Should be a real fun time.
Old 03-03-2023, 10:06 AM   #75
Mahomosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Free agent WR Marcus Kemp is following his offensive coordinator to Washington. He signed with the Commanders this morning, per source.

Kemp is reunited in Washington with Eric Bieniemy, the offensive coordinator with whom he's spent most of his career.

How does this make sense when the league year hasn’t turned yet and he was on our super bowl roster?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.bigjosh has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.