Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-06-2024, 08:56 PM  
sorta mod-ish

***All Things Weather 2024***

Last edited by Bowser; 01-06-2024 at 09:40 PM..
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-15-2024, 02:18 PM   #136
Life is changing..

This weather is bullshit
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-15-2024, 02:24 PM   #137
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
That's about what it was when I posted that. It's a balmy -11 right now.

The main thing that keeps me going on days like this is reminding myself that I hate extreme high temperatures even more. As vile as this shit is, I'll take it over 100 and high humidity every time. You can protect yourself against the cold. All you can do when it's hot like that is suffer.
This is absolutely correct. I'll take cold weather over extreme heat any day.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 02:25 PM   #138
Former Illinoisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Minnesota utilities tell residents: Turn down your thermostats amid deep freeze
The state is trudging through subzero temperatures.

Utilities in Minnesota are calling on residents to turn down their thermostats due to a rise in demand for natural gas as extreme cold makes its way across the United States.

Xcel and Centerpoint Energy have each recommended reducing heat through at least Tuesday, noting that spot prices for natural gas are spiking due to supply and demand during the cold weather, and excessive usage could land customers with much higher costs.

Centerpoint recommends lowering thermostats to 65 degrees during the day when home and lowering it an additional five degrees when asleep or away. Xcel asks thermostats to be set from 65 to 70 degrees while home and 58 degrees when away.

The reduction could help limit the impact of higher prices on customers' bills, with turning down the heat in your home by 1 degree resulting in around 3% savings on your gas costs.

Xcel says for its customers, the increase in natural gas prices is "significant smaller" than the massive spike experienced during Winter Storm Uri in 2021.

Do I set my furnace lower and run my gas fireplace more or vice versa?

Or you could just go sleep in your nice warm electric car.
Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 01-15-2024, 02:37 PM   #139
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog Rider View Post
Or you could just go sleep in your nice warm electric car.
I will bet the gov has his thermostat set to 72 or more
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-15-2024, 02:55 PM   #140
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Minnesota utilities tell residents: Turn down your thermostats amid deep freeze
The state is trudging through subzero temperatures.

Utilities in Minnesota are calling on residents to turn down their thermostats due to a rise in demand for natural gas as extreme cold makes its way across the United States.

Xcel and Centerpoint Energy have each recommended reducing heat through at least Tuesday, noting that spot prices for natural gas are spiking due to supply and demand during the cold weather, and excessive usage could land customers with much higher costs.

Centerpoint recommends lowering thermostats to 65 degrees during the day when home and lowering it an additional five degrees when asleep or away. Xcel asks thermostats to be set from 65 to 70 degrees while home and 58 degrees when away.

The reduction could help limit the impact of higher prices on customers' bills, with turning down the heat in your home by 1 degree resulting in around 3% savings on your gas costs.

Xcel says for its customers, the increase in natural gas prices is "significant smaller" than the massive spike experienced during Winter Storm Uri in 2021.

Do I set my furnace lower and run my gas fireplace more or vice versa?
Good luck sleeping when the thermostat is at 60. Unless you're a White Walker or a pregnant woman, it will be miserable.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 01-15-2024, 03:40 PM   #141
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper View Post
Good luck sleeping when the thermostat is at 60. Unless you're a White Walker or a pregnant woman, it will be miserable.
I wouldn't exactly like it, but as long as I've got enough blankets I'd be fine.

Hell, I'd be perfectly happy living in a place where the temperature never got above 60.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-15-2024, 03:42 PM   #142
pie is never free

Its 4 balmy degrees before factoring in windchill here, just lovely

Bought a brand new battery for my truck just one month ago, it BARELY started this morning
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-15-2024, 03:46 PM   #143
sorta mod-ish

My garage isn't heated. It's polar bear comfy in there at 11 degrees, according to the car.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-15-2024, 03:49 PM   #144
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
My garage isn't heated. It's polar bear comfy in there at 11 degrees, according to the car.
Same here. Mine was 0 this morning. It was -11 outside.

Still, having any sort of garage is wonderful. I have zero fond memories of parking my car outside in this shit.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 03:55 PM   #145
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Same here. Mine was 0 this morning. It was -11 outside.

Still, having any sort of garage is wonderful. I have zero fond memories of parking my car outside in this shit.
Yeah, piss on scraping windows in this weather.
Old 01-15-2024, 03:59 PM   #146
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
Yeah, piss on scraping windows in this weather.
Before I lived here I was in Chicago, digging out spots in the street and then marking them as my own with random bits of crap. That really sucked, but people mostly respected it.
Old 01-15-2024, 04:01 PM   #147
Veteran

Speaking of unheated garages, mine is attached but on the north side. It sucks because I would store liquids and they would freeze thus make them unuseable. I would have to move them inside over the winter.

We got a new garage door due to hail and got an insulated one. That made a big difference. I don't know if you could do a DYI slapping up foam boards (glue) in the door panels??

This last fall, I added more insulation in the crawl space above the garage (r13) to overlay the existing insulation.

It just got below freezing this last weekend. I am in NE KS.

Thinking these might be a simple band aide.
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 01-15-2024, 04:01 PM   #148
pie is never free

Quote:
Before I lived here I was in Chicago, digging out spots in the street and then marking them as my own with random bits of crap. That really sucked, but people mostly respected it.
That sounds like COLD HELL

And counting on the goodwill of your fellow Chicagoans? Can't believe it mostly went well for ya
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-15-2024, 04:08 PM   #149
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers View Post
That sounds like COLD HELL

And counting on the goodwill of your fellow Chicagoans? Can't believe it mostly went well for ya
It was kind of an unwritten code that almost everybody honored. Also, people who parked in someone else's cleared spot tended to have rather unpleasant things happen to their vehicles that night.
Old 01-16-2024, 07:00 AM   #150
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

-9°F
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.