Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-17-2019, 07:09 PM  
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

The Boys (Amazon)

This looks great and I love Karl Urban in everything he shows up in .

[Red Band Trailer] fuck superheroes. Why? Because when people score limitless power, they become a**holes. Drunk with power and fame. That’s where The Boys come in. from u/TheBoysTV

BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 10-02-2020, 08:55 PM   #166
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

The last couple episodes were pretty good. Except for the politics. I hope the don’t **** around and go overboard with it, they’re right on the verge now.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:56 PM   #167
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by vailpass View Post
Thi season is way less interesting than the first so far. Turning Homelander into the sjw-viewed prototype is unimaginative and boring. If they veer any further into politics I'm done.
What the hell are you talking about? Homelander is not politically correct. The total 180 degree opposite. What am I missing?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2020, 05:53 AM   #168
The Boom Boom Room

Black Noir theory

Spoiler!
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2020, 08:30 AM   #169
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
What the hell are you talking about? Homelander is not politically correct. The total 180 degree opposite. What am I missing?
It's pretty obvious the overtones of this show are mirroring current US politics (Homelander and Stormfront are representing the GOP, holding rallies, the woman senator is AOC).
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2020, 09:13 AM   #170
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
It's pretty obvious the overtones of this show are mirroring current US politics (Homelander and Stormfront are representing the GOP, holding rallies, the woman senator is AOC).
Yep. I'm not sure how they could make it any more obvious. Which detracts from the diversion aspect of the entertainment for me.
vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.vailpass is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2020, 09:15 AM   #171
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Homelander's egregious behavior portrayed as representative of conservative Americans as viewed through the lens of the social justice contingent.
Old 10-03-2020, 11:36 AM   #172
oxymoron

Quote:
Homelander's egregious behavior portrayed as representative of conservative Americans as viewed through the lens of the social justice contingent.
If conservatives watching Homeland's behavior believe that the character's portrayal can in any way be interpreted as representative of them, regardless of the lens through which it's being presented, then maybe they need do some soul searching. Because that to me sounds an awful lot like the pangs of a guilty conscience.

I've seen Homeland's behavior the entire time, including this season, as being representative of who Superman would be, if, instead of a farm in Kansas (about as wholesomely conservative an environment as you can get...) he'd instead been raised in a lab by a scientist devoid of much human emotion or empathy (which tends to be how the 'highly educated' (read: communists) are portrayed). Resulting in a lonely, narcissist shell of a superbeing.

I mean, sure, on a surface level he's a spoiled brat who's never worked a day in his life, craves attention and adoration, and spends all his time on social media. Which, yeah, sounds like it may have been intended to be a caricature of a certain commander in chief. But I wouldn't say that's what every conservative is. At all.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2020, 01:01 PM   #173
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
If conservatives watching Homeland's behavior believe that the character's portrayal can in any way be interpreted as representative of them, regardless of the lens through which it's being presented, then maybe they need do some soul searching. Because that to me sounds an awful lot like the pangs of a guilty conscience.

I've seen Homeland's behavior the entire time, including this season, as being representative of who Superman would be, if, instead of a farm in Kansas (about as wholesomely conservative an environment as you can get...) he'd instead been raised in a lab by a scientist devoid of much human emotion or empathy (which tends to be how the 'highly educated' (read: communists) are portrayed). Resulting in a lonely, narcissist shell of a superbeing.

I mean, sure, on a surface level he's a spoiled brat who's never worked a day in his life, craves attention and adoration, and spends all his time on social media. Which, yeah, sounds like it may have been intended to be a caricature of a certain commander in chief. But I wouldn't say that's what every conservative is. At all.
Not Homelander's behavior per se but there were to tweaks in the latest episode that were pointedly partisan.

What did you think of Homelander and Stormfront saying 'Thoughts and Prayers' as purely a recited cliche with no thought behind it but optics?

And, if the opening sequence was about a random citizen being conditioned to be vigilant for threats and spurred to poorly thought out action, and he was keyed in on the clerk because the glancing sunlight made it appear that he 'sparked' superpowers, why did he have to be a meek innocent swarthy Muslim?

Should people who sincerely believe in the power of prayer and positive energy have a guilty conscience that maybe they're culpable for not being sincere enough?
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2020, 01:07 PM   #174
Supporter

Quote:
Yep. I'm not sure how they could make it any more obvious. Which detracts from the diversion aspect of the entertainment for me.
Thanks for posting. I really didn't have much interest in taking time to watch the final three episodes because Season 2 has just been lame, IMO and this seals it.

I have zero interest in watching any scripted program that even remotely alludes to the current political climate in the US.

I'd rather watch Chiefs games from 2008 on NFL Game Pass than to subject myself to even more partisan programming.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2020, 01:37 PM   #175
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post

The obtuseness, willful or otherwise, displayed in this post isn’t worth addressing.
Old 10-03-2020, 01:40 PM   #176
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Thanks for posting. I really didn't have much interest in taking time to watch the final three episodes because Season 2 has just been lame, IMO and this seals it.

I have zero interest in watching any scripted program that even remotely alludes to the current political climate in the US.

I'd rather watch Chiefs games from 2008 on NFL Game Pass than to subject myself to even more partisan programming.
Agree completely. If it were organic to the story that would be one thing. But it’s not. It’s lazy writing that resorts to the flavor of the month and brings the viewer out of the story. I can’t wait for this phase of society to blow over.
Old 10-03-2020, 03:03 PM   #177
MVP

To be fair, they've gone in pretty hard on corporate performative wokeness, but its still pretty one sided. I liked the show better as a mirror of corporate shittiness and not trying to make a statement on American politics. I like the show a lot, but I cant see myself doing this every season.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2020, 04:44 PM   #178
Psycho Bag Of Squanch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
To be fair, they've gone in pretty hard on corporate performative wokeness, but its still pretty one sided. I liked the show better as a mirror of corporate shittiness and not trying to make a statement on American politics. I like the show a lot, but I cant see myself doing this every season.
Agreed. The Corp commentary fits the story even if it is comically biased.

The politics though. Most people like their entertainment as a break from day-to-day bullshit, not as an unnecessary continuation. Especially the unsubtle, hit you over the head with it variety.
Old 10-03-2020, 07:59 PM   #179
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Wow sorry man, I just don’t see the analogy or metaphor. Just seems to be an asshole Superman.
Spoiler!
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-03-2020, 09:19 PM   #180
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Agree completely. If it were organic to the story that would be one thing. But it’s not. It’s lazy writing that resorts to the flavor of the month and brings the viewer out of the story. I can’t wait for this phase of society to blow over.
Seth Rogen is such a virtue signaling pillowbitergot. It was so bad this episode that it ruined what was easily the best of the season.

Last edited by staylor26; 10-03-2020 at 09:32 PM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.