Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-03-2020, 06:33 AM   #2
In Search of a Life

I don't think there is any doubt that Lamar can and will win a playoff game. The question is can he win one when the game is put squarely on his shoulders?

Mahomes has played in 5 playoff games. Record is 4-1.

First game against the Colts was rather routine. That's a game Jackson could win as well.

But the other 4?

Mahomes AFC Championship vs Pats. Game placed squarely on his shoulders. Down 14-0 at half. Down 17-7 after 3rd quarter. Puts team ahead not once, but twice in the 4th quarter. Should have been enough. Wasn't. Yet still gets it tied with only seconds to play. Loses coin flip. Game over.

Down 24-0 to Houston. Scores on 7 or so straight possessions to win going away.

Down 10 twice in AFC Championship to Titans. Wins going away late.

Down 10 late in Super Bowl after 2 second half INT's. Wins going away late again.

Mahomes has faced about as much adversity as he possibly could have in the playoffs, yet has answered the bell every damn time so far. Will he win everytime? No. Pats game proves that. But he most likely will be able to carry his team when the game is placed on his shoulders.

All of the great ones can do that.

With Lamar, that question is still out there.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 06:48 AM   #3
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogs View Post
I don't think there is any doubt that Lamar can and will win a playoff game. The question is can he win one when the game is put squarely on his shoulders?

Mahomes has played in 5 playoff games. Record is 4-1.

First game against the Colts was rather routine. That's a game Jackson could win as well.

But the other 4?

Mahomes AFC Championship vs Pats. Game placed squarely on his shoulders. Down 14-0 at half. Down 17-7 after 3rd quarter. Puts team ahead not once, but twice in the 4th quarter. Should have been enough. Wasn't. Yet still gets it tied with only seconds to play. Loses coin flip. Game over.

Down 24-0 to Houston. Scores on 7 or so straight possessions to win going away.

Down 10 twice in AFC Championship to Titans. Wins going away late.

Down 10 late in Super Bowl after 2 second half INT's. Wins going away late again.

Mahomes has faced about as much adversity as he possibly could have in the playoffs, yet has answered the bell every damn time so far. Will he win everytime? No. Pats game proves that. But he most likely will be able to carry his team when the game is placed on his shoulders.

All of the great ones can do that.

With Lamar, that question is still out there.
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi View Post
Mods, please change username to PARavensGuy
Its called being objective.

The guy was MVP last season and voted #1 player by those actually playing the game and you want to call me a Ravens fan because i think he is a good QB? **** outta here.

Last edited by PAChiefsGuy; 11-03-2020 at 07:09 AM..
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 08:24 AM   #4
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post

The guy was MVP last season and voted #1 player by those actually playing the game and you want to call me a Ravens fan because i think he is a good QB? **** outta here.
Being voted MVP is not objective. Being voted #1 player is not objective.

Sorry, but those two things are, by definition, subjective. They are literally popularity contests.

You can't deny it, you're a Lamar Jackson fan. You continuously prop him up here despite his shortcomings. You desperately want Lamar Jackson to be a top tier QB and it shows. I don't know if it's because he's unconventional or because he's black but you are obviously invested in him being successful beyond just watching the games.

The problem is that he really isn't. He's a very good dual-threat player, which in the NFL does not translate to being a great QUARTERBACK.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:21 AM   #5
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post

Sorry, but those two things are, by definition, subjective. They are literally popularity contests.

You can't deny it, you're a Lamar Jackson fan. You continuously prop him up here despite his shortcomings. You desperately want Lamar Jackson to be a top tier QB and it shows. I don't know if it's because he's unconventional or because he's black but you are obviously invested in him being successful beyond just watching the games.

The problem is that he really isn't. He's a very good dual-threat player, which in the NFL does not translate to being a great QUARTERBACK.
I don't think Lamar is a top 5 QB but I think you are a bit too low on a QB that has a 24-5 starting record. He's a very dangerous player.

Luckily for the Chiefs our guy is generational.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 11-03-2020, 03:40 PM   #6
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post

I wouldn't say I'm a fan I just feel he doesn't get the credit he deserves w a lot of fans because of his style of play. I enjoy watching him play but I enjoy watching a lot of players play.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 03:42 PM   #7
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I wouldn't say I'm a fan I just feel he doesn't get the credit he deserves w a lot of fans because of his style of play. I enjoy watching him play but I enjoy watching a lot of players play.
He's for sure fun to watch. I enjoy it.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-03-2020, 05:14 PM   #8
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
He's for sure fun to watch. I enjoy it.
Chiefs fans inferiority complex showing a bit. The second someone is even compared to Mahomes (a terrible comparison IMHO), KC fans have to hate him with a passion.

And Mahomes will be compared to lots of guys in his career, just like people were always trying to find Tiger Woods' rival.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-03-2020, 03:45 PM   #9
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
For me, he'll get my respect when he starts winning the big games. Unfortunately, I think it's his style of play that is preventing that.

So for me, he's really not going to be more than he is now. To win in the NFL, you have to be a good passer and Lamar really isn't.

It isn't so much that I don't enjoy watching him play - I watched the Giants play last night.

It's more about the discussion here. I don't dislike Lamar Jackson, I just think he's overrated.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-03-2020, 03:45 PM   #10
Supporter

Quote:
I wouldn't say I'm a fan I just feel he doesn't get the credit he deserves w a lot of fans because of his style of play.
He doesn't get the "credit he deserves" because he doesn't deserve it.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 05:16 PM   #11
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
He doesn't get the "credit he deserves" because he doesn't deserve it.
Lamar has deserved everything he got, including the MVP - last year was just unreal.

But if you can't sustain it then the haters come out.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-03-2020, 04:49 PM   #12
In Search of a Life

Quote:
He gets plenty of credit. He did win an mvp.
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-03-2020, 10:13 PM   #13
Going home eventually

Quote:
You just said nothing.
Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.Red Dawg is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-03-2020, 09:25 AM   #14
What's up braj?

Quote:
Exactly!

Please watch your language
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-03-2020, 10:35 AM   #15
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Exactly!

No, we call you a dumb****. And it's for a lot of reasons, but also because you think Lamar is a good QB.
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote