Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-04-2020, 09:13 AM  
Damnit Peg

2020 Royals Official Offseason/Season Repository

Players start reporting Feb 12th.
New Ownership.
Spring training games begin Feb 20th against the Rangers.
Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Al Bundy has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:19 AM   #226
MVP

WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-24-2020, 10:18 AM   #227
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Keith Law posted his top 100 on The Athletic. Good stuff on Lynch (his #13 prospect, ahead of Forrest Whitley and Casey Mize, among others. Only
Mackenzie Gore, Dustin May, and Nate Pearson ahead of him as pitchers.

His write-up of Witt talks about a tendency to collapse his back leg to sell out for power, but Law likes his general approach. He typically is VERY hard on toolsy guy with shit approaches, so I was really encouraged by that. Slight mechanical adjustment could really sky rocket Witt forward.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-24-2020, 12:53 PM   #228
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Keith Law posted his top 100 on The Athletic. Good stuff on Lynch (his #13 prospect, ahead of Forrest Whitley and Casey Mize, among others. Only

His write-up of Witt talks about a tendency to collapse his back leg to sell out for power, but Law likes his general approach. He typically is VERY hard on toolsy guy with shit approaches, so I was really encouraged by that. Slight mechanical adjustment could really sky rocket Witt forward.
Were any others on his top 100?
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:01 PM   #229
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
Were any others on his top 100?
No more Royals, just Lynch and Witt.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-24-2020, 01:15 PM   #230
Mahomes Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
There’s no way I give him 85m clams. He did earn about 40 in year 1 but he may not give them full value even after that great season.
While I loved Cain, he also seemed to frequently have small nagging injuries that would keep him out of the lineup.
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:08 PM   #231
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
While I loved Cain, he also seemed to frequently have small nagging injuries that would keep him out of the lineup.
To add to that, he has (arthritis?) in his thumb that really impacted his performance at the plate last season. He grinded it out, though, I was stoked to see him finally take home the Gold.

I think that 2015 defense now has 18 gold gloves to their name. That was an all time D for sure.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-24-2020, 03:41 PM   #232
MVP

Remember when the Royals were GREAT just a few years ago?
SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.SuperBowl4 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 02-24-2020, 08:25 PM   #233
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:

If Law was correct Lynch would be our highest rated pitcher in 35 years of rankings. I read he reached 98 mph in Arizona.

Looking at the BBAmerica database which begins in 1981, we have only had 4 pitchers in the top 20 of the Top 100 annual prospect ranking. #14, #18, #19, #19. Two were in the same season.

Name them. (Kyle Zimmer 2012 just missed at #23)
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-24-2020, 08:55 PM   #234
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
If Law was correct Lynch would be our highest rated pitcher in 35 years of rankings. I read he reached 98 mph in Arizona.

Looking at the BBAmerica database which begins in 1981, we have only had 4 pitchers in the top 20 of the Top 100 annual prospect ranking. #14, #18, #19, #19. Two were in the same season.

Name them. (Kyle Zimmer 2012 just missed at #23)

Mike Montgomery
John Lamb
Mark Gubicza
Zack Greinke
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-24-2020, 11:33 PM   #235
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:
Mike Montgomery
John Lamb
Mark Gubicza
Zack Greinke
Yes
Yes
No
Yes

Very good. The other was in 1994.
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-24-2020, 11:40 PM   #236
MVP

Quote:
Yes
Yes
No
Yes

Very good. The other was in 1994.
David Cone?
Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.Three7s wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 02-25-2020, 12:34 AM   #237
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
David Cone?
Old 02-25-2020, 05:07 AM   #238
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:

Well, shit. He or Jeff Austin would have been my next guesses.

I think I remember that Gubicza was the highest touted member of the group that debuted in 84 and carried the teams in 85. That Saberhagen was the real star of the group was somewhat of a surprise, I think.
Old 02-25-2020, 05:11 AM   #239
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

I was thinking about Daniel Lynch compared to Montgomery and Lamb the other day.

Size and fastball velocity are similar. Main difference is that Lynch’s second pitch is a VERY snappy slider. I think being a college guy also gives him a leg up on the other two.

Lamb is probably my biggest disappointment from that 2011 farm system. Before the injury, he was 94-95 with the fastball with a crazy-good changeup and supposedly a really good slider the team was trying to turn into a curveball.

Then he had TJ, did a shitty job of rehabbing after, lost 2 mph on his fastball, lost his feel for the changeup (and action, and separation from the fastball) and never really found a breaking ball again.

It’s just too bad. It doesn’t surprise me that only one of those 4 lefties has been - at times - a very good MLb starter. It does surprise me it wasn’t Lamb.

But TINSTAAPP always rules the day...
Old 02-25-2020, 07:55 AM   #240
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:
Well, shit. He or Jeff Austin would have been my next guesses.

I think I remember that Gubicza was the highest touted member of the group that debuted in 84 and carried the teams in 85. That Saberhagen was the real star of the group was somewhat of a surprise, I think.

In DM’s book “if these walls could talk” of whatever it was called, Bob Boone met Granger after he signed, being pick #5. He was told Granger had a slider like Steve Carlton whom Boone had once caught in Philly.

He did a bullpen session with him and said afterwards “More like Chris Haney” (a soft tossing journeyman we had at the time)