Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-11-2009, 12:13 PM  
BUNS <3 2PM

Let the Right One In

Hey all, Lurks McGee here.

One of the best films of 2008 (IMHO) came out yesterday on DVD and Blu-Ray. I got a copy a while back and was dubbing them for friends at school. Criminally unnoticed, it's a romantic vampire horror film. Haven't seen Twilight, but I'm pretty sure this is nothing like that. Harry from AintItCool's favorite film of last year (Mine too, next to WALL-E). See it.

src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ICp4g9p_rgo&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="264" width="425">
Buns has disabled reputation
Old 03-11-2009, 01:06 PM   #2
Got swag?

a worthy repost

edit: didn't know it was out on dvd though. i'll need to pick this one up.
QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.QuikSsurfer has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:39 PM   #3
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer View Post
a worthy repost

edit: didn't know it was out on dvd though. i'll need to pick this one up.
Me too. Best vampire movie in years.
KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:52 PM   #4
MVP

Watched it last night on Blu-Ray and really enjoyed it. It may not quite live up the increasing hype surrounding the film, but it was nice to see something different in a genre that has been pretty stale and repetitive as of late.
Miles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliMiles 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #5
the great pumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by iChief702 View Post

Criminally unnoticed, it's a romantic vampire horror film.
How is it "criminally unnoticed"? It seems like this movie has been hyped for a long time. I had been looking forward to seeing it on DVD and when I watched it yesterday I was disappointed. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't nearly was great as I'd been expecting. Its an interesting story, but there were parts that just didn't make sense to me. My main problem was I didn't understand why she'd let an adult go kill for her when she didn't seem to have too much of a problem doing it on her own. Also it seemed like he'd been doing it for awhile, but he did a pretty lousy job at it. All in all though I'd recommend it to others.
heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:24 PM   #6
future chiefs fans

http://www.filmjunk.com/2008/03/19/j...-right-one-in/

ill wait for the us remake
oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:34 PM   #7
Chump Steamroller

Definitely one of my favorite movies of last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklandhater View Post
ill wait for the us remake
Are you gonna flip out if it's released during the week instead of the usual Friday?
ZootedGranny has disabled reputation
Old 03-11-2009, 08:37 PM   #8
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heapshake View Post
How is it "criminally unnoticed"? It seems like this movie has been hyped for a long time. I had been looking forward to seeing it on DVD and when I watched it yesterday I was disappointed. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't nearly was great as I'd been expecting. Its an interesting story, but there were parts that just didn't make sense to me. My main problem was I didn't understand why she'd let an adult go kill for her when she didn't seem to have too much of a problem doing it on her own. Also it seemed like he'd been doing it for awhile, but he did a pretty lousy job at it. All in all though I'd recommend it to others.
He was her handler. She was trying to stay hidden... she was among last of a dying breed. And I don't know that he was bad at it... that's just the point in time where the movie picked up the story. He'd served her for many, many years.

Spoiler!

It's certainly not for everyone, but I loved the melancholy feel of it. I don't think Eli wants to do what she does, or be what she is.

Sad, creepy, cool, and original, esp. for a vampire flick.
KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.KcMizzou is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #9
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklandhater View Post
Gah.

Just stop it, J.J. Stop.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:42 PM   #10
future chiefs fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZootedGranny View Post
Definitely one of my favorite movies of last year.

Are you gonna flip out if it's released during the week instead of the usual Friday?
If they release it on any other day then wednesday or friday then Yes...... Yes I am

Last edited by oaklandhater; 03-11-2009 at 09:01 PM..
oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.oaklandhater wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:08 PM   #11
the great pumpkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KcMizzou View Post
He was her handler. She was trying to stay hidden... she was among last of a dying breed. And I don't know that he was bad at it... that's just the point in time where the movie picked up the story. He'd served her for many, many years.

Spoiler!

I understand that he was her handler, but for being a serial killer he seemed to bumble around quite a bit. Also how could her breed be dying - doesn't she just have to bite someone to keep the breed going? I enjoyed the movie, but it just didn't live up to all the hype that I'd heard about it.
heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.heapshake is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:24 PM   #12
[b]Supporter[/b]

I really liked the cinematography. I thought the child actors were phenomenal.

I'm still digesting the story; so far it has provoked some interesting thoughts.
Delano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-13-2009, 03:09 PM   #13
Amateur Poster

It is definitely one of the best movies that I have ever seen.
Crush has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Crush has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Crush has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Crush has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Crush has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Crush has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Crush has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Crush has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Crush has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Crush has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Crush has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:33 PM   #14
Eat/Sleep/Procrastinate/Repeat

This was number 7 on my personal top ten for last year. I loved the shit out of it.
Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Reaper16 has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:12 AM   #15
[b]Supporter[/b]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper16 View Post
This was number 7 on my personal top ten for last year. I loved the shit out of it.
Where is your list? LINK!
Delano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDelano 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli