Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-23-2013, 05:50 AM  

Gallbladder Surgery

Mine's not playing well with others and me. Tell me more. Debating how much more I want to deal with this.
bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #16
Don't Tease Me

no biggie for me

5 cuts about 1-inch long on stomach. One of them is inside belly button so you can't even see it. Took about 4-5 hours for surgery part with a couple days of being sore. About a week for my digestive system to adjust.
Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #17
Starter

Had mine out a few years ago. Wasn't to bad. Abdomen area felt like Mike Tyson punched me 1000 times but that only lasted a couple days. Much better without it. Your crapping will never be the same.
KCFaninSEA must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCFaninSEA must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCFaninSEA must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCFaninSEA must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCFaninSEA must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCFaninSEA must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCFaninSEA must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCFaninSEA must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCFaninSEA must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCFaninSEA must have mowed badgirl's lawn.KCFaninSEA must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 11-23-2013, 11:49 AM   #18
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCFaninSEA View Post
Had mine out a few years ago. Wasn't to bad. Abdomen area felt like Mike Tyson punched me 1000 times but that only lasted a couple days. Much better without it. Your crapping will never be the same.
Well crap.
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Great idea: Wait until the last possible moment so that you can maximize your pain and your risk of complications. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will turn necrotic at a time when it's very convenient.

Stop being a pussy. Just go get it taken care of. Laparoscopic surgery is so easy and non-invasive that you'll wonder why you put it off.
Just started a new job and the off season for us is now and everyone have has to take their time off.
bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.bevischief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #20
MVP

I think its possible to use a coat hanger and get that rascal out of there. But seriously I wouldn't put it off too long. Good luck.
Earthling Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Earthling Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Earthling Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Earthling Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Earthling Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Earthling Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Earthling Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Earthling Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Earthling Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Earthling Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Earthling Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:20 PM   #21
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevischief View Post
Just started a new job and the off season for us is now and everyone have has to take their time off.
Well, you're playing chicken with something you shouldn't. It's simple and easy to get done and depending on how well you recover you could go back to work within 2 days at the latest.

The only thing you have to do is remember to keep within 2 minutes of a bathroom after eating for the first few weeks of the surgery.

And KCFANinSEA is correct, your crap will never be the same after that.
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Great idea: Wait until the last possible moment so that you can maximize your pain and your risk of complications. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will turn necrotic at a time when it's very convenient.

Stop being a pussy. Just go get it taken care of. Laparoscopic surgery is so easy and non-invasive that you'll wonder why you put it off.
This.

I spent 24 hours in the hospital on antibiotics and painmeds waiting for the inflammation to go down before they could operate. Apparently laparoscopy becomes a less likely option the larger your gallbladder gets.

Also, nobody warned me about this or explained laparoscopy to me at the time (pretty out of it on meds), and it kinda freaked me out. Apparently they pump air into your abdomen to make it easier to see and move around inside you. When they're done, they release as much as they can, but you often get sewn up with air bubbles still inside that can move around your body. When I first woke up and couldn't yet move, I had a horrible pain in my shoulder. I thought they dropped me off the operating table or something. Apparently it was just a gas bubble, but it hurt like hell.
unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.unlurking Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #23
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlurking View Post
This.

I spent 24 hours in the hospital on antibiotics and painmeds waiting for the inflammation to go down before they could operate. Apparently laparoscopy becomes a less likely option the larger your gallbladder gets.

Also, nobody warned me about this or explained laparoscopy to me at the time (pretty out of it on meds), and it kinda freaked me out. Apparently they pump air into your abdomen to make it easier to see and move around inside you. When they're done, they release as much as they can, but you often get sewn up with air bubbles still inside that can move around your body. When I first woke up and couldn't yet move, I had a horrible pain in my shoulder. I thought they dropped me off the operating table or something. Apparently it was just a gas bubble, but it hurt like hell.
They told me all about it....told me when I woke up to say a number from 1-10 for a pain scale. They would adjust my meds based on my number...when I came out I said 7....and 5 seconds later I was feeling no pain. Now, when that gas bubble decides to leave the best thing your family can do is leave the house.
Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.Mosbonian is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #24
In Search of a Life

What the other guy said about not waiting.

If you have stones and one gets into the tubes connecting your gallbladder to wherever it goes to you're in a world of hurt. I had stones and took care of it electively. Was in and out in two hours. My stomach looked like it had been with a baseball bat and felt even worse but after a couple days it wasn't so bad. A week or so later and good as new.

If it goes bad and you can't do the laproscopic surgery you get the big "L" cut and it can be a week or more in the hospital.
RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.RINGLEADER has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:21 PM   #25
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER View Post
What the other guy said about not waiting.

If you have stones and one gets into the tubes connecting your gallbladder to wherever it goes to you're in a world of hurt. I had stones and took care of it electively. Was in and out in two hours. My stomach looked like it had been with a baseball bat and felt even worse but after a couple days it wasn't so bad. A week or so later and good as new.

If it goes bad and you can't do the laproscopic surgery you get the big "L" cut and it can be a week or more in the hospital.
Nevermind the fact that you also run the risk of having to spend a week with a tube coming out of your stomach to help drain remnants of the poison in your system.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #26
Arrowhead Trail of Tears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCFaninSEA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
Well, you're playing chicken with something you shouldn't. It's simple and easy to get done and depending on how well you recover you could go back to work within 2 days at the latest.

The only thing you have to do is remember to keep within 2 minutes of a bathroom after eating for the first few weeks of the surgery.

And KCFANinSEA is correct, your crap will never be the same after that.
Please elaborate on the changing of the poo

Does the removal of the gall bladder take away the enjoyment or control of bowel movements? The **** are you guys talking about? What changes ? Shitting is now streamlined? Just wondering
TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.TribalElder is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:48 PM   #27
Supporter

JFC, after reading this thread I might have mine removed and I have never had a single problem with it.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #28
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalElder View Post
Please elaborate on the changing of the poo

Does the removal of the gall bladder take away the enjoyment or control of bowel movements? The **** are you guys talking about? What changes ? Shitting is now streamlined? Just wondering
Well...your concern about stream is valid. Sometimes depending on what you eat, it becomes more of a stream.

For the most part, it doesn't change bowel habits. But sometimes what you eat can cause it to be one of those "hurry up and get to the bathroom" situation.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:57 PM   #29
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlurking View Post
This.

Ya i've heard about those. Always ask the doctor to squeeze the air out of you before sealing you back up.
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #30
Starter

Just do it ... I had mine taken out. Surgery is simple and recovery is super fast. You will feel like a champ the day after surgery. DON'T BE FOOLED ... Take it easy. I was running up and down stairs the day after without pain. The next day I was stuck in bed.

When a stone gets stuck the attack can be horrible!!!

Good Luck
steve_minor has disabled reputation