Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-28-2020, 01:41 PM  
PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL

New TV suggestions

I have an eight year old 60 inch LG plasma that's been really good but now it's starting to die. Half of the screen is going out. I had a repair guy look at it and he basically said just buy new instead of trying to fix it.

So, I love the OLEDs but the price still seems a little steep. Should I wait for Black Friday or will it not make much difference?

I've heard really good things about TCL Mini-LEDs and they're less than half the price of OLED. Is OLED really that much better? The room it's going in is usually pretty bright so want bright picture and nice blacks etc.

Anyways input is welcome.
L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 11-05-2020, 04:06 PM   #106
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Expectations View Post
I’m now looking at the Hisense class H9 instead of the TCL class 6. Is rtings.com the best site for reviews?
The Hisense TV's look pretty damn amazing to my eyes at a fraction of the cost.

I have a friend who has a 55" mounted outside near his pool and he hasn't had a single issue with since purchasing in June 2019.

Costco had the 55" 4K Roku TV for $299 last month but it's $269 today.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-05-2020, 07:41 PM   #107
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
The Hisense TV's look pretty damn amazing to my eyes at a fraction of the cost.

I have a friend who has a 55" mounted outside near his pool and he hasn't had a single issue with since purchasing in June 2019.

Costco had the 55" 4K Roku TV for $299 last month but it's $269 today.
Hisense gets pretty good reviews for a budget TV. Not quite as good as the TCL but good enough, especially for the price.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-05-2020, 08:19 PM   #108
In Mahomes I trust!

LG OLED hands down. End of thread.

I love mine - got a 55" 2 years ago and it is awesome. It is in the man cave hooked up to a PS4 Pro but when I switch to blu ray or YouTube it is an incredible picture and I am very satisfied!
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-05-2020, 08:36 PM   #109
PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL

I pulled the trigger on the LG 65 inch CX OLED. It's astounding. Watching Mandalorian and I feel like I'm on Tatooine. Now it's time to upgrade the sound system.
L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 08:49 PM   #110
In Mahomes I trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan View Post
I pulled the trigger on the LG 65 inch CX OLED. It's astounding. Watching Mandalorian and I feel like I'm on Tatooine. Now it's time to upgrade the sound system.
Welcome to the club Excellent choice!
Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Stryker 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:25 PM   #111
MVP

This website https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/be...k-ultra-hd-uhd
likes the Hisense more than TCL. I usually go with the more established brand and have been happy with my Vizio’s, but if I can get a better one for a similar price I think I like Hisense.

I’ll wait until next Friday to see if there are any super deals out there. I bought an 80” Vizio 4K from Costco a couple of years ago for around $1600 when everyone else was over $2500.
Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:47 PM   #112
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Expectations View Post
This website https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/be...k-ultra-hd-uhd
likes the Hisense more than TCL. I usually go with the more established brand and have been happy with my Vizio’s, but if I can get a better one for a similar price I think I like Hisense.

I’ll wait until next Friday to see if there are any super deals out there. I bought an 80” Vizio 4K from Costco a couple of years ago for around $1600 when everyone else was over $2500.
The newest Hisense models get higher ratings than the newer TCL models. TCL is suffering a bit from the same thing as Vizio - they're no longer a leader in any area. They're no longer the cheapest, nor are they the best.

I purposefully sought out a previous year's model for my TCL (from Nebraska Furniture Mart) because it's actually rated higher than the newer TCL sets.

If I were buying right now, I would likely go Hisense although I primarily use my set for gaming and TCL still has superior input latency.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 03:50 PM   #113
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
The newest Hisense models get higher ratings than the newer TCL models. TCL is suffering a bit from the same thing as Vizio - they're no longer a leader in any area. They're no longer the cheapest, nor are they the best.

I purposefully sought out a previous year's model for my TCL (from Nebraska Furniture Mart) because it's actually rated higher than the newer TCL sets.

If I were buying right now, I would likely go Hisense although I primarily use my set for gaming and TCL still has superior input latency.
I'm going to buy my kids tvs for Xmas...my sons bedroom is half of my basement so it's massive and the 32 he has now looks tiny as shit in it...

Give me a recommendation for a good budget tv that's around the 50 inch mark..I obviously don't want to buy 2 tvs that are like 700 a piece. Kids don't care to much about brands and such.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:50 PM   #114
MVP

Thanks, my kids will use it for gaming, I’ll use it for sports/movies.
Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.Great Expectations is too fat/Omaha.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:59 PM   #115
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I'm going to buy my kids tvs for Xmas...my sons bedroom is half of my basement so it's massive and the 32 he has now looks tiny as shit in it...

Give me a recommendation for a good budget tv that's around the 50 inch mark..I obviously don't want to buy 2 tvs that are like 700 a piece. Kids don't care to much about brands and such.
Hisense or TCL is the sweet spot right now as far as budget. The Hisense is a little cheaper on average but they're both Roku TV's and very similar.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:10 PM   #116
Hockey Town

Quote:
Hisense or TCL is the sweet spot right now as far as budget. The Hisense is a little cheaper on average but they're both Roku TV's and very similar.
I have a 50 inch TCL I bought 2 years ago, so far I'm satisfied with it as an office TV.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:17 PM   #117
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
I have a 50 inch TCL I bought 2 years ago, so far I'm satisfied with it as an office TV.
Yeah, I love my TCL.

However, in the last 18 months or so, Hisense has surpassed TCL in the "most bang for your buck" category. The Hisense gets similar, if not slightly higher ratings, and in most cases is a bit cheaper.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:20 PM   #118
Hockey Town

Quote:
Yeah, I love my TCL.

However, in the last 18 months or so, Hisense has surpassed TCL in the "most bang for your buck" category. The Hisense gets similar, if not slightly higher ratings, and in most cases is a bit cheaper.
I'm keeping my eyes peeled for some good black friday shit like a 50 inch tv for 200 bucks.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:27 PM   #119
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
I'm keeping my eyes peeled for some good black friday shit like a 50 inch tv for 200 bucks.
That actually might be possible.

https://www.amazon.com/Hisense-50-In...s%2C163&sr=8-5
Old 11-17-2020, 04:30 PM   #120
Hockey Town

Quote:
That's not bad, I saw a TV with a built in Amazon fire the other day, that surprised me.