Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-26-2012, 08:54 AM  
Supporter

Must Watch Series

All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a ****ton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.

Last edited by Buehler445; 08-09-2017 at 07:36 PM..
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2023, 10:09 AM   #2356
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Thoughts on The Witcher?

We just started the last season to Peaky Blinders, once that’s over we’re thinking about The Witcher…
The S1 is really ****ing good. S2 is good. I haven't watched S3.

Witcher and Peaky Blinders aren't really very similar. There is some magic and shit in it (think Lord of the Rings not Harry Potter) and isn't on earth etc etc. Peaky Blinders was very much Birmingham in 1920.

Not sure what you're looking for, but don't watch Witcher and expect Blinders.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 10:26 AM   #2357
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Just finished season 1 of Silo. Great show, can't wait for new season. Anyone got any theories as to what is going on? What will happen to Juliette?
Read the books so I can't weigh in, but the universe ends up very well established by the 2nd book which is a prequel for about the first 3/4 of it before finishing up around the same time as the 1st book. The third advances the story forward.

They take a few liberties with the storytelling but that's to be expected. In either event, there aren't many questions unanswered, at least as it relates to the Silo and the events that led to it.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-11-2023, 10:30 AM   #2358
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Yeah, these nuclear things are weird. Chernobyl is like EVERYBODY HAS TO BE DEAD RIGHT? And it was bad. It was a goddamned catastrophe. However, the Reactors 1-3 were operated until 2000. How the hell could operators live and work in the exclusion zone with all that radiation? Then you read about all the people that sneak in there with Geiger Counters and stuff is all profoundly interesting, but it's weird, and not how we we would think.

And I think 3 Mile Island ran until sometime in the 90s, and only shut down because the company went broke.

Weird shit man.

I will check the The Days though, obviously Ithat shit is interesting.
Radiation is funny that way. Super deadly but also pretty damn easy to avoid getting killed by. You can really wall it off pretty well if you're not stupid and reckless.

That Russian reactor design was just...phew - it was real bad. And it wasn't because we didn't know how to do it better - the Russians just didn't do it. The RBMK's having a positive void coefficient is just nutty and when we knew how to make the coolant and the moderator the same thing, why would you NOT do that?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-12-2023, 06:34 PM   #2359
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Thoughts on The Witcher?

We just started the last season to Peaky Blinders, once that’s over we’re thinking about The Witcher…
I thought Witcher was corny and sucked so stop after episode 4.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2023, 11:27 AM   #2360
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
The S1 is really ****ing good. S2 is good. I haven't watched S3.

Witcher and Peaky Blinders aren't really very similar. There is some magic and shit in it (think Lord of the Rings not Harry Potter) and isn't on earth etc etc. Peaky Blinders was very much Birmingham in 1920.

Not sure what you're looking for, but don't watch Witcher and expect Blinders.
Oh yeah I know that. My wife is a huge Harry Potter fan, she’s watching Peaky Blinders with me so I’ll be watching The Witcher with her.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-13-2023, 02:59 PM   #2361
Veteran

Surely, Netflix's "Quarterback" should get a mention in the Must Watch Series thread
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Old 07-14-2023, 08:25 PM   #2362
Cheat Death

2 episodes into The Bear S2 and have an intimate insight into all their pores

Trying to hang in with it but woof
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2023, 02:16 PM   #2363
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post

It definitely pays off the later half of the season but I definitely felt the same.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2023, 02:36 PM   #2364
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeauford View Post
It definitely pays off the later half of the season but I definitely felt the same.
I know I'm going to enjoy it because I like the characters

I'm only 2 episodes in but I'm missing the Chicago Easter eggs and grit of the first season, so hopefully that comes along

The extreme close up film choice is just triggering my OCD. Feels like I'm watch Dr. Pimple Popper at times

KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-15-2023, 03:17 PM   #2365
Mod Team

Quote:

I'm only 2 episodes in but I'm missing the Chicago Easter eggs and grit of the first season, so hopefully that comes along

The extreme close up film choice is just triggering my OCD. Feels like I'm watch Dr. Pimple Popper at times

They make up for a slow start to season 2 in episode 5. After that they bring great writing back. Episode 6 is can't miss, of any series ever.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-16-2023, 09:01 AM   #2366
Why so serious?

Quote:

Stop being such a pussy.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-16-2023, 09:17 AM   #2367
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
Stop being such a pussy.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2023, 09:29 AM   #2368
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:

Great show...I was hooked right away. S2 was fantastic esp episode 6&7
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 07-17-2023, 06:42 AM   #2369
Cheat Death

RE: The Bear s2 e7 if anyone wants the Pequads experience you can have it shipped from from Goldbelly

I've sent them as gifts to family in the past and they've been well received
Old 07-17-2023, 11:21 AM   #2370
MVP

Daytime friends and night time lovers….
Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Pepe Silvia has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.