Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-24-2019, 07:30 PM  
Veteran

Andrew Luck Retires

Filed to ESPN: Andrew Luck has informed the Colts he is retiring from the NFL, per source. There will be a press conference Sunday to make it official, but Luck is mentally worn down, and now checking out.

Per schefter
Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Urc Burry has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 08-26-2019, 10:57 AM   #646
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in SW-MO View Post
Probably Haglund.
Probably got it during the playoff game in Arrowhead.
Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:02 AM   #647
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

I find it kind of funny how so many fans are criticizing his decision. They just need to be honest. They’re only mad at him, because it significantly hurts the team he plays for. I don’t fault them for that, but at least own it.

Fact is, injuries ****ing suck. I broke my jaw playing baseball, broke my ankle playing football, and a knee sprain ruined my 1 year of college football. What a lot of fans don’t get is that the injuries affect everything you do. Injuries only affect fans on Sunday, but Andrew Luck has to go home and live with this crap.

He’s probably sore every morning, he feels it doing the most mundane tasks, he can’t enjoy his time with his wife, and he probably can’t even sleep through the night. If he feels like this at 30, what’s it going to be like at 40, 50, 60....

I don’t blame the fans for being mad, but at least just be honest about what you’re mad. It’s only because your team got significantly worse.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:20 AM   #648
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithandrew051 View Post

He’s probably sore every morning, he feels it doing the most mundane tasks, he can’t enjoy his time with his wife, and he probably can’t even sleep through the night. If he feels like this at 30, what’s it going to be like at 40, 50, 60....

I think this was what Posnanski was talking about in column about Priest and Luck.

He was basically saying “welp, that’s the price you pay for the privilege of playing in the NFL”

I think Lucks life priorities changed over the past few years and he decided it was time to move on.

What amazes me is a guy like Tom Brady. Why does he still need to play? Nothing left to prove. Why does he continue to risk harm to his body?
Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Deberg_1990 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:22 AM   #649
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
Lol. RBs/offensive lineman are human battering rams not QBs. Also, his body didnt 'say enough'. None of his injuries were career ending. I dont know what makes you think his body said enough but that is bullshit. Injuries are a part of the game and Luck knows that. If he was so worried about rehabbing from injuries then he should have retired a long time ago.
QBs aren't conditioned or usually ready to take the hits they take. And much of the time they come hard and unexpectedly. And luck took more of those types of hits than most any other qb. That includes two massive rehab assignments for what many thought were career ending injuries. Just because he came back last year doesn't mean those injuries aren't still bothering him big time. They weren't career ending because he came back but most people were shocked he even played again. He knows his body better than any of us. There is NOTHING in luck's entire career as a captain and leader that suggests he isn't tough or is a bad teammate. You couldn't be more wrong on both fronts.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:22 AM   #650
MVP

^ Because he’s not allowed to be touched. Ask Chris Jones.

This was in response to the Tom Brady’s analogy.
Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.Flying High D is too fat/Omaha.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:27 AM   #651
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopsdoc View Post
There’s a conspiracy theory going around now that he was never injured at all. Remember, they’ve given at least 3 to 4 different explanations for the ankle. First, it was a calf strain, then it was a high ankle issue, then it was a bone issue in the front of his ankle. It’s still not clear what the injury even is.

Then you have the video of him warming up before week 2 and moving just fine, not favoring the ankle at all.

The story goes, Luck has been waffling on playing this year since the spring and he claimed to have an ankle injury to be able to avoid practice. The team doctors examined him repeatedly but couldnt find anything wrong. There was no muscle issue at all, the X-rays on that came back clean. So there they are, with a qb the doctors say isn’t injured but who claims to be in pain.

The front office starts to suspect that there’s more going on than what he’s telling them and the season is two weeks away. So they have a come to Jesus meeting with him Monday and say look, we need to know if you’re all in or not. If not, we need to know so we can move on.

They more or less gave him an ultimatum, either your all in or your all out. And he chose what he’s been leaning towards all along.

I’m not sure I believe it but it makes a lot of sense.
It makes sense
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:28 AM   #652
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
I think this was what Posnanski was talking about in column about Priest and Luck.

He was basically saying “welp, that’s the price you pay for the privilege of playing in the NFL”

I think Lucks life priorities changed over the past few years and he decided it was time to move on.

What amazes me is a guy like Tom Brady. Why does he still need to play? Nothing left to prove. Why does he continue to risk harm to his body?
Brady doesn't surprise me since he doesn't take all that many hits. A guy like big Ben does. Luck reminds me a lot more of David carr... Carr could have been a great qb but looked like he flat out had PTSD from all the hits he took behind Houstons horrendous OL.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:40 AM   #653
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
The biggest reason people are made is jealousy, if 99.9 percent of people had 100 mill in earned wages, felt like they were physically feeling shitty and had a wife about to have their first kid they'd never work again either...**** most people would never work again just with that money value.

It makes people mad to see a young guy step away because frankly they don't have that option.
I am sure this is a comforting thought for employees in the Colts ticket sales department today.

Luck's decision impacts the livelihood/careers of other players and employees on the Colts.

If any Colts player has a playoff bonus incentive in their contract, that probably goes out the window now with Luck's decision.

Unless something dramatic suddenly happened... i.e. Luck was informed that his injury was life-altering/threatening, for him to quit two weeks before the regular season is selfish/gutless.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2019, 11:42 AM   #654
Rookie

Meh, the Colts weren't going anywhere with Luck. He has talent, but his body and psyche are both made of glass, as far as NFL players go.
AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.AdolfOliverBush has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:01 PM   #655
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
I am sure this is a comforting thought for employees in the Colts ticket sales department today.

Luck's decision impacts the livelihood/careers of other players and employees on the Colts.

If any Colts player has a playoff bonus incentive in their contract, that probably goes out the window now with Luck's decision.

Unless something dramatic suddenly happened... i.e. Luck was informed that his injury was life-altering/threatening, for him to quit two weeks before the regular season is selfish/gutless.
Anyone stepping away from their job should cause their employer to lose money, unless they are terrible at their job?

Do you consider your bosses next bonus before you quit a job?
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-26-2019, 12:05 PM   #656
MVP

Luck is free to use as much HGH as needed to repair his body...

NFL should allow HGH for career-threatening injuries...if the player agrees to bi-monthly testing for the remainder of his career.

Last edited by BlackOp; 08-26-2019 at 12:14 PM..
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:05 PM   #657
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post

I think Brady puts a lot of value in it, some guys truly want to hold all the records and be remembered as the best, why did Jerry Rice play so long?

Not everyone has that mindset.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:22 PM   #658
Itinerant degenerate.

Booing him was certainly a bad look, but as Florio and others have pointed out, the people still there in the 3rd quarter of a preseason game are the diehards, a lot of whom were probably season ticket holders. They shelled out a lot of money for that and finding out in the middle of the game that the guy smiling and laughing on the sidelines is riding off into the sunset, well, it’s not surprising they booed. It’s unfortunate, but not surprising.

I’d like to know who leaked to it Schefter. It sure looked like it was strategically timed to make the Colts and Luck look as bad as possible.

And it had to have been a trusted, well placed source, someone high up in the organization. Otherwise, Schefter doesn’t run with such a blockbuster story.

There is so much going on here that we’ll probably never know about. Just one of the most bizarre stories I’ve seen.
Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Hoopsdoc has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:30 PM   #659
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post

If I’m a season ticket holder I’m putting this at the feet of Jim Irsay.

Luck got killed his first 3 years and their dumbass GM drafted a WR instead of OL to protect him.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-26-2019, 12:30 PM   #660
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush View Post
Meh, the Colts weren't going anywhere with Luck. He has talent, but his body and psyche are both made of glass, as far as NFL players go.
True on all parts except his psyche. Dude is tough as nails. And I don't think he'd be made nearly as much of glass if the Colts gave him an OL to work with.