Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-19-2024, 09:14 AM  
In Search of a Life

Call Your Shot: Who's the Chiefs first pick?

Rule: You can change your answer up until next Thursday!

This might be the toughest year yet for this. I can see so many different possibilities, especially considering that I think there's a solid chance the Chiefs trade up.

Edit: It's draft day and I'm changing my pick!

Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

There's way too much smoke about the Chiefs trading up and/or them targeting a LT. I'm going with a guy that I think could make it into our range, who also has the kind of upside that would have Veach itching to make a move to go get him.

Last edited by staylor26; 04-25-2024 at 06:21 AM..
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2024, 10:26 AM   #31
Andy Reid Supporter

Yeah Brian Thomas Jr is gonna go in the teens and I don’t think we’ll be able to pull off a trade that high.

I’m thinking a trade up for Tyler Guyton who is the ideal LT type and most scouts think he’ll have no problem playing LT.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2024, 10:29 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
I feel like there’s no need to trade up. We’re not desperate and we’re not a player or two away from the Super Bowl.

If anything we trade back to acquire more picks.
There's nothing "desperate" about trading up if there's somebody that we love. And we actually are exactly a player or two away from the Super Bowl. We just went to the Super Bowl that we won in OT, and then we lost a couple of good players.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 10:33 AM   #33
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
There's nothing "desperate" about trading up if there's somebody that we love. And we actually are exactly a player or two away from the Super Bowl. We just went to the Super Bowl that we won in OT, and then we lost a couple of good players.
Last year around this time, Veach said there was someone in this draft they loved.

Last edited by Coogs; 04-19-2024 at 11:14 AM..
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-19-2024, 10:35 AM   #34
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
I feel like there’s no need to trade up. We’re not desperate and we’re not a player or two away from the Super Bowl.

If anything we trade back to acquire more picks.
If they do trade up, it's not out of desperation.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2024, 10:38 AM   #35
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post

What a miserable ****.
There are times I wish we could force user subtitles on people. "Miserable ****" is an excellent description for Red Dawg.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 12 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 10:43 AM   #36
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
There are times I wish we could force user subtitles on people. "Miserable ****" is an excellent description for Red Dawg.

Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 10:48 AM   #37
Veteran

I'm thinking the Chiefs will trade up, but not in the first round. There will probably be several decent WR still available at #32. We'll then trade up in the second round. Maybe with Arizona at #35. The Cardinals have pick #4 and pick #27 so we'll give them a 2025 pick as part of the compensation since they'll have already picked their biggest needs and with 11 overall picks will be willing to move a pick or two to next year's draft.
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.
Old 04-19-2024, 10:48 AM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazu View Post
I 100% agree. I don't really understand the notion of saying we're not a team that is 1 or 2 players away. I think a team that has been there like us, consistently, is usually 1 or 2 players away from being there again. A team that hasn't been in the playoffs or is in a reset of sorts (a la Buffalo) is the type that maybe wouldn't be as apt to throw caution to the wind and go for broke on a superstar/stud. Teams like them need to fill multiple holes.

We have two really glaring holes... sure we need to always address depth but we don't need to fix it all right now. We're talking about going for a f'n 3-peat. If it costs me a 2nd and future 3rd to go up and get A guy, I'm going for it.

I was looking specifically at this list of players yesterday and thought to myself, no matter what we do in terms of going for broke for a guy, there's still options out there elsewhere to backfill with:

RB Boston Scott
RB Matt Breida

WR Tyler Boyd
WR Mecole Hardman
WR Odell Beckham Jr

OT Donovan Smith
OT Mekhi Becton
OT/G Andrus Peat

CB Adoree Jackson
CB Akhello Witherspoon

Move up for Fautanu or Thomas and worry about the rest as it comes. That's my 2 cents.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2024, 10:50 AM   #39
Kind of a mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Eh, we can technically change them, but the user can instantly change it back, so it kind of ruins the fun.
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2024, 11:00 AM   #40
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
U can change the names tho?
Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Smed1065 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-19-2024, 11:13 AM   #41
GDT white noise poster

whoever the Bills are planning to use their first pick on
DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.DrunkBassGuitar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 04-19-2024, 11:17 AM   #42
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
If it's a trade up it'll either be Olu Fashanu or Mims

If they stay at #32, it'll either be Mitchell or McConkey

Furthermore, the Chiefs do stay at #32 and select a WR, IMO they'll definitely trade up for a potential LT Patrick Paul or Kingsley Suamataia
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-19-2024, 11:24 AM   #43
Pepsi, cheeburger, chip

Mr. Brian Thomas Jr
Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.
Old 04-19-2024, 11:29 AM   #44
Starter

I think we will get a OT, our top need either at 16 with a trade up or at 32 standing foot. Looking at it in more detail:

Trade up to 16 ideally for Bowers or if he’s gone for one of the five top tackles, if available [Alt, the 3 Fs, Latham]. If we can’t trade up for that value stick at 32 and pick the best remaining top tackle or WR if somebody really good falls that far.

We don’t need to reach for a WR. With brown, whatever we get from rice and hopefully signing Renfrew, we will have so much better a WR room than last year.
gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.gordonelloyd ....proof positive that somebody pissed in the gene pool.
Old 04-19-2024, 11:30 AM   #45
In Pat We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar View Post
whoever the Bills are planning to use their first pick on
That has become one of my favorite draft day traditions, lol.
el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote