Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-18-2024, 07:35 AM  
Seeking the Truth daily

Buying a new pickup

Im in the market to buy a new pickup. Ive looked at everything I can study and have settled in on what I want. Ive used the build sites to choose options and what not. Now it time to actually talk to a dealer.

Ive never bought online or over the phone and that seems like a way to go so I dont have to deal with smarmy salesmen and sales managers and deal closers bullshit.

Looking for any experiences good, bad, what to do not do? It will have to be ordered as I have not found any in inventory anywhere that is what I want

Its a GMC 1/2 ton loaded up outfit, no financing, will pay cash
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:07 AM   #91
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post

Spend 70k, don't get a manual. JFC

I'm still in a 22', my friend just traded to a 24'. He said the stereo sucks ass compared to his old 22'. They didn't put a subwoofer in the premium Bose system.

85k truck and that's the cuts they are making. I don't know if it's greed or their cost overhead is insane, but a $13 dollar subwoofer with a $30 amp isn't that hard to squeeze in (Bose cost).
This is why I stopped buying new cars. When the inventory dipped after the chip outage the prices went into orbit. Made no sense to buy new (prices were going to drop and you'd be stuck with a car worth shit that you paid Mercedes money for). Go with a used car and you'll get more equity out of it and can trade it in for a new car if and when things return to sanity.
seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 09:08 AM   #92
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonster View Post
This is why I stopped buying new cars. When the inventory dipped after the chip outage the prices went into orbit. Made no sense to buy new (prices were going to drop and you'd be stuck with a car worth shit that you paid Mercedes money for). Go with a used car and you'll get more equity out of it and can trade it in for a new car if and when things return to sanity.
When prices go up they don’t come back down to sane levels. You just get to pay 30k for a used piece of shit and 60k for a new piece of shit.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:15 AM   #93
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonster View Post
With business/work, new vehicles make more sense if you get in a trade-in cycle.

I bought 1 new vehicle for personal use, which was a Honda Pilot for my family, and it was at a surprising price (before covid).

Now I don't know what I would do. People keep buying new no matter what the cost is, so the prices will continue deeper into insanity.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 09:22 AM   #94
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post

Spend 70k, don't get a manual. JFC

I'm still in a 22', my friend just traded to a 24'. He said the stereo sucks ass compared to his old 22'. They didn't put a subwoofer in the premium Bose system.

85k truck and that's the cuts they are making. I don't know if it's greed or their cost overhead is insane, but a $13 dollar subwoofer with a $30 amp isn't that hard to squeeze in (Bose cost).
Remember when all the UAW workers demanded big raises in their latest contracts? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Peter Gibbons is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:31 AM   #95
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
Well, its done and delivered and in garage.

Did anyone there consider making it an app on the trucks dash?
That's how Ford does it
KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.KCJake is not part of the Right 53.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:33 AM   #96
It was not a fair catch

knock on wood. that is why I am sticking with my 2015 Ram---with the lifetime warranty.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:38 AM   #97
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
When prices go up they don’t come back down to sane levels. You just get to pay 30k for a used piece of shit and 60k for a new piece of shit.
I bought a 2019 in 2022 and it was 40% less than what the owner paid in 2019.
seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.seamonster wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:39 AM   #98
Seeking the Truth daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Why don't you just pull it up on a computer and print it yourself?
at 400 pages plus Id rather not
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2024, 09:53 AM   #99
In Search of a Life

I cant imagine spending $70K+ in this market. Like a year away from being $20k underwater.

I'm looking at 2022 Nissan Frontiers because its one of the few midsize trucks (I dont need a fullsize) that is made in America and not Mexico or some other cheap labor country, and its one of 2 engines that isn't switching to a turbo engine. For average yearly miles in good condition those are just starting to hit $28k and even that is a gut punch. 4 years ago it would have been $18k.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-03-2024, 10:12 AM   #100
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan View Post
at 400 pages plus Id rather not

Wow, that's a lot. I understand.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2024, 10:13 AM   #101
Supporter

I guess I don't know why they can't just give you that printed manual (if you ask) when you just spent 70k on a truck.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2024, 10:19 AM   #102
Constable of Untruths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Gibbons View Post
Remember when all the UAW workers demanded big raises in their latest contracts? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Remember when the labor cost of each vehicle is only 7%? Manufacturing professionals remember.
LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.LoneWolf is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-03-2024, 10:22 AM   #103
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
I cant imagine spending $70K+ in this market. Like a year away from being $20k underwater.

I'm looking at 2022 Nissan Frontiers because its one of the few midsize trucks (I dont need a fullsize) that is made in America and not Mexico or some other cheap labor country, and its one of 2 engines that isn't switching to a turbo engine. For average yearly miles in good condition those are just starting to hit $28k and even that is a gut punch. 4 years ago it would have been $18k.
Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon...built right here in Missouri.
bsp4444 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbsp4444 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbsp4444 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbsp4444 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbsp4444 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbsp4444 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbsp4444 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbsp4444 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbsp4444 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbsp4444 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutbsp4444 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 05-03-2024, 10:28 AM   #104
Starter

When they give you the price always ask if that is in Canadian dollars.
BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-03-2024, 10:30 AM   #105
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsp4444 View Post
Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon...built right here in Missouri.
Ya I know, but both went to smaller engines with turbos. I keep my vehicles til they stop working, so the straight V6 that Nissan has had around since 2005 and is proven reliable is much more appealing to me. Plus you can get them cheaper.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.