Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-04-2014, 11:09 AM  
sorta mod-ish

*The NEW Movies Thread*

Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2023, 05:33 AM   #4096
Buddy Christ is a Chiefs fan

I haven't seen Buckaroo Bonzai in years... I can't imagine it has aged well.
BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BigRichard has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-25-2023, 09:56 AM   #4097
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Extraction 2 does precisely what it set out to do.

Is it Citizen Kane? No.

Did I enjoy it tremendously? Yes.

Will I rewatch it? Regularly.
Agreed.

The 21 minute continuous shot was amazing, and it took them 29 days to film it....

https://www.ign.com/articles/extract...-one-shot-oner
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-25-2023, 11:31 AM   #4098
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRichard View Post
I haven't seen Buckaroo Bonzai in years... I can't imagine it has aged well.

Most "Odd ball"/"Madcap"/"Zany"/"Cult-following-type" movies don't, especially when they involve special effects.
Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.Just Passin' By is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2023, 06:59 AM   #4099
Supporter

I watched Reality on HBO. It’s about a whistleblower on the Russia interference deal. But they do a pretty good job about not making it too political. I watched it because Sweeney is in it. And I was curious how she’d do.

It was a damned ambitious project. The dialogue is 100% from the tape recording. Nothing else. No real opportunity to do any of the filmmakining tools to build tension and keep engagement. They have to lean hard on Sweeney to be engaging.

It worked, and it was no small feat. This could have went sooo badly. I’m not saying this is my favorite movie or it’s massively rewatchable or anything but it was good and I’m glad I watched It.

I’ve heard nothing about it (maybe that’s not indicative of anything), but Sweeney should get some buzz out of it. She was really ****ing good and I’m happy she got a shot to show it.

Side note that doesn’t impact anything with the movie.

1. Sweeney is no powerlifter. She just couldn’t (or didn’t care to) even carry herself like one.

2. They did a pretty nice job of making her plain through wardrobe/makeup. But sometimes she just can’t hide it. She is amazing.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-02-2023, 06:27 PM   #4100
I'll be back.

Shotgun Wedding

Surprisingly funny with great action and a nice twist.

GF made us watch it and now she wants to get married on a beach.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-02-2023, 06:46 PM   #4101
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Shotgun Wedding

Yeah, I watched it recently. There is some good discussion on it. All I know is JLo is ****ing amazing.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2023, 01:26 AM   #4102
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Extraction 2 does precisely what it set out to do.

Is it Citizen Kane? No.

Did I enjoy it tremendously? Yes.

Will I rewatch it? Regularly.
Watched this evening and enjoyed it. Kind of like a John Wick movie. Once you're in an action sequence you are in it for the long haul then lets up and boom you're right back in it again.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2023, 01:58 AM   #4103
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Shotgun Wedding

Hallmark Channel next?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-04-2023, 04:06 AM   #4104
Starter

Quote:
Shotgun Wedding

do you think she will invite you to the wedding?
smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.smith11 is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 10:01 PM   #4105
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
Hallmark Channel next?
we've watched at least two hallmark movies
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-06-2023, 08:00 AM   #4106
I'll be back.

Finished the Ash vs Evil Dead TV show and decided to rewatch Evil Dead and Evil Dead II. Hadn't seen them in years.

It's so very interesting looking back and again realizing Evil Dead is basically the beta for Evil Dead II....which is still one of the oddest remakes/sequel combinations I've ever seen.

So after all that I watched the new Evil Dead movies.

Evil Dead 2013 - 6/10. Straight horror with a very unremarkable cast, but some good kills, beautiful to look at. They just did a shitty version of Evil Dead, though. They got some bonus points for absolutely ramping the tree rape scene up to 99 though

Evil Dead 2023 - 8/10. This was way more original, and a fun twist on the Evil Dead setup. Main possessed chick was awesome and super creepy. Love what they have done with the redesigns for the Book of the Dead. I'd actually love to see an ED movie that dumps most of the over the top gore and jump scares and really explores the Book of the Dead at a deeper level, like the TV show did.

If they're going to continue this going forward they really need to stop absolutely jam-packing the cast with chicks and beta males though. That shit gets old fast. Find another Ash Williams FFS. Your movie will be much more interesting with a true protagonist instead of talking scenery that dies horribly.

Now I'm going to palate cleanse with Naked Gun 1, 2 and 3, none of which I have seen.
Old 07-06-2023, 11:36 AM   #4107
Needs more middle fingers

Ash vs Evil Dead was the best thing to come out of that franchise.

I watched the newest movie the other night and enjoyed it. I thought they'd lean a bit more into suspense/horror and they didn't really, but it was still a gore-tastic good time.
ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ModSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-10-2023, 09:03 AM   #4108
MVP

Saw Elemental yesterday.

7/10.

Lead characters were good. Typical modern tokenism was thrown in. But Pixar needs Lassiter back. They lost their winning touch.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 09:42 AM   #4109
MVP

WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 10:22 AM   #4110
I'll be back.

One of the most depressing films I've ever watched.

One of the most disappointing films I've ever watched.

However, the tits were EXCELLENT! And love seeing Lysette Anthony again (Krull fanboi)