Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-09-2021, 05:51 PM   #2
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spott View Post
Damn, I figured that you would have seen that in theaters when it opened up as much as you are into Marvel and the movie industry. I saw it in theaters on the Thursday before opening night and again at downtown Disney the next night. It was just as crazy as all those YouTube videos. It’s hard to imagine that they will ever be able to build a story with that much hype again.
If they can pull off X-Men correctly they can. They just need to not Hugh Jackman the franchise. And stay away from dark Phoenix. Keep that shit shelved forever. Hated it the cartoon, and both movies.

Shit. I don't think majority fans need a intro movie either. Give them highlights in other movies and go.

And do the sentinels correctly.
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:50 PM   #3
In Pat We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
If they can pull off X-Men correctly they can. They just need to not Hugh Jackman the franchise.
I don't understand this. What do you mean when you say "not Hugh Jackman the franchise?" Did you not enjoy Jackman in the X-Men movies?
el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.el borracho wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-10-2021, 05:00 PM   #4
Consuming CP souls

Captain Marvel was OK till they went full reerun with her powers at the end. The Ronin showdown was pathetic.
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-10-2021, 10:56 PM   #5
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
The biggest issue I can see with Phase 4 is keeping the audience interested in characters introduced in Shang-Chi, The Eternals, Captain Marvel 2, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk and Moon Knight.

Captain Marvel, outside of the Skrulls, was very meh. I am very much looking forward to Moon Knight and Secret Invasion but have little interest in Kate Bishop and the other “Young” superheroes planned.

Tom Holland isn’t signed beyond No Way Home, which is disappointing. I don’t know if that’s planned because they’re moving forward with another version of Spider-Man but if so, it’s going to be a tough sell for me because Holland was absolutely pitch-perfect as Peter Parker.

Captain America 4 is a hard no for me in theaters.
I’ve said forever that I’ll give them the rope to hang themselves.

But I don’t really see how they can match what they did.

That being said I had no idea when I watched Iron Man that they could do what they did.....soooo. I basically have nothing to add.

I’ll watch the properties until they **** it up. But it’s beginning to teeter some.

I’ll for sure watch Cap 4 but I’ll probably check reviews here before I go.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-16-2021, 03:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
I don't understand this. What do you mean when you say "not Hugh Jackman the franchise?" Did you not enjoy Jackman in the X-Men movies?
Jackman while great. Ruined the franchise. Every movie became about him. Storm, Cyclops and the others all became shit characters so they could put Jackman's Logan to the forefront. Wolverine should be treated like Hawkeye.

X-Men is about the team. All are legendary. Endgame type of movie should be how they start.

I agree on the 90s style vibe and crew. Give me the blue and yellow squads.

Saying that. I think they should cast Zach Efron as logan.
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-17-2021, 08:53 PM   #7
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
Jackman while great. Ruined the franchise. Every movie became about him. Storm, Cyclops and the others all became shit characters so they could put Jackman's Logan to the forefront. Wolverine should be treated like Hawkeye.
I wouldn't sideline him quite as much as Hawkeye, but yeah. Fox could never get past the idea that X-Men was about Wolverine, and Xavier vs Magneto. There's no reason Magneto needs to be in every movie. And they wasted so many characters, just in general. Big ones they could have done more with like Storm and Cyclops to be sure, but also smaller characters they just pissed away in half-ass cameos. Psylocke. Gambit. Even Deadpool, before they fixed it.

Quote:
X-Men is about the team. All are legendary. Endgame type of movie should be how they start.
I agree with the first part, but I don't think you can jump into something like Endgame. So much of what works in that movie depends on everything that came before. The impact of seeing 40 superheroes team up in the end isn't the same if you didn't have the history with them. But I do think you could build up to another Endgame-level event with the just the X-Men. The bench of characters is that deep.
Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.Jamie would the whole thing.
Old 05-20-2021, 06:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
I wouldn't sideline him quite as much as Hawkeye, but yeah. Fox could never get past the idea that X-Men was about Wolverine, and Xavier vs Magneto. There's no reason Magneto needs to be in every movie. And they wasted so many characters, just in general. Big ones they could have done more with like Storm and Cyclops to be sure, but also smaller characters they just pissed away in half-ass cameos. Psylocke. Gambit. Even Deadpool, before they fixed it.

I agree with the first part, but I don't think you can jump into something like Endgame. So much of what works in that movie depends on everything that came before. The impact of seeing 40 superheroes team up in the end isn't the same if you didn't have the history with them. But I do think you could build up to another Endgame-level event with the just the X-Men. The bench of characters is that deep.
By endgame. I mean the feat of movie, not the quantity. I dont think most audiences need a build up. Have it start with the core and end credits of blue and gold squads.