Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-14-2024, 08:07 AM  
MVP

Royals Announce New Ballpark in "The Heart of Downtown KC"

What do you guys think about the new ballpark?

ESPN:
Spoiler!
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:09 PM   #376
My Mamma Says

Jackson county is voting on a tax continuation not a stadium plan.. They can put the stadium where they want in the county and change plans at will..
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:16 PM   #377
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Some things I'm interested to see broken down but have never seen:

1. the city's earnings tax. If the stadium is downtown, I believe that would lead to the city gaining the 1% earnings tax on every dollar earned by a player during a game at the new stadium. So, for the Royals 81 home games, 1% of those checks for Royals players as well as 1% of the checks of every visiting player.

2. The number of employees downtown within walking distance of the stadium. I have several friends who are excited about the prospect of a Crossroads or East Village stadium, but especially Crossroads, because they can go to work, park in their work garage, and then walk or Uber or streetcar to the potential stadium site. Many of these folks work at employers that would buy season ticket passes for their company for entertaining guests and put butts in seats consistently that are not there now.

I'm voting Yes, regardless. Reasons:

1. I'm not tied to the current stadium and understand it's old and needs replacement. The "bad batch of concrete" thing is, unfortunately, a thing that happens at times.

I also don't think tailgating before a baseball game is really something that has to/needs to be supported, either, and the area the stadium is in is not enticing or easy to get to for out-of-town folks.

And finally, I believe the team when it says it will not be at the K past 2030. Voting "NO" isn't a vote to save the K. It's a temporary stay of execution, nothing more.

2. Moving the stadium into a more central location makes access for downtown employees and companies much more convenient and therefore likely.

3. Adding more events in the Crossroads/Power and Light area is good long-term for that entertainment district.

4. Keeping tax revenues from the teams in Jackson County is something I don't see evaluated or mentioned often, if at all, but there's a factor there as well. Even the 1% earnings tax is roughly $3M in revenue for the city (if you base it on average MLB salary, multiply it by 2 teams and base it on 81 home games).

5. I'm, in general, in favor of moves that move the city forward, and I think this is one of them.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a downtown stadium, I've been pretty vocal about that, but I'm not thrilled that this is being put to a yes/no vote seven years in advance with so many details missing.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:18 PM   #378
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
It is kind of a big deal. This shows me it was rushed with very little interaction with the City by the architects and royals. Abandonment of public right of way is not an easy process. Also even if that abandonment is approved it doesn't go to Sherman unless he is the sole owner of the properties adjacent to each side of the right-of-way centerline.
I've wondered about that part since these things always make it seem like a predetermined thing that stuff is going to get built no matter what (outside of every once in a while where someone kept their house in a redeveloped area)..

And I get the whole trust thing with knowing whether they're just winging all of it or have some kind of plan... if it was "oh by the way, we found out we can't build there and we're going to tear down the river market, but thanks for the money!".... yeah, that's a big deal.

The nuances of whether a street will remain open at this stage...
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:19 PM   #379

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I'm not sure who's afraid I live in Jackson County and a ton of people have no desire to pay for it.
We shall see, but I think too many JACO people aren't willing to call Sherman's bluff, at least once at the seven-years-out mark, and demand to more details and have him explain why these other people are wrong.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:20 PM   #380
MER

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonBobo View Post
The crossroads is the best area of town, it needs no revitalization, it is thriving with grass roots businesses and local entrepreneurs.

If revitalization is truly a goal then they picked the exact wrong spot to put the new stadium.
Sounds like a cute neighborhood.
Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:22 PM   #381
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katipan View Post
It's a shithole.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 2     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 12:24 PM   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
There is absolutely no way this vote doesn't pass.

It's a done deal...because the Chiefs are also involved. Might not pass if it was Royals because nobody cares about the Royals. But Chiefs have Mahomes and Kelce in on marketing for this. It is passing.
It might be nice to see the Chiefs publish their detailed plans for the TSC once the Royals are gone. Or have they?
Old 03-27-2024, 12:26 PM   #383

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrobProng View Post
It takes a lot of nerve for an organization as terrible as the Royals to ask for taxpayer dollars to be used to build a home for their shitty team.
This too... Rep!
Old 03-27-2024, 12:27 PM   #384
MER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
It's a shithole.
I was trying to help.
Our downtown is ringed in Artsy districts.
And we have Rhino to compare to Crossroads.

But! The great thing is.
You can have more than 1 if you get people downtown.
Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2024, 12:28 PM   #385
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
It might be nice to see the Chiefs publish their detailed plans for the TSC once the Royals are gone. Or have they?
It's build stuff for the rich fans, renovation.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:28 PM   #386
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
You missed it. Big time stuff. New parking deck with a party field and more suites and clubs for VIPs
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:31 PM   #387
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
I was trying to help.
Our downtown is ringed in Artsy districts.
And we have Rhino to compare to Crossroads.

But! The great thing is.
You can have more than 1 if you get people downtown.
Employment attracts people to a location.

KC in particular but the metro in general continues to lose employers. And the jobs that do remain have meager compensation.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:41 PM   #388
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
A few blocks north is the far more cookie cutter P&L district with chain restaurants galore if you want to go to YardHouse or McFadden's or some other shitty bar with watered down drinks.... and then the Crossroads has a bunch of local breweries, restaurants, bars.

It's a cool area, I usually make it there every visit to KC... great beer and bourbon selection.

The stadium would be within easy walking distance of both.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:42 PM   #389
Forever Royal

The Colosseum had games for over 500 years. We should try to make stadiums like that instead of ones that need to be replaced every 50-60 years.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-27-2024, 12:43 PM   #390
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
Employment attracts people to a location.

KC in particular but the metro in general continues to lose employers. And the jobs that do remain have meager compensation.
I can't imagine why people are leaving..

High utilities, high taxes, fastest growing rental prices in the country, high crime, shit roads...it's not cheap to live here anymore and pay isn't matching all those increases.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote