Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-02-2022, 08:51 AM  
Supporter

***** All things Fitness *****

2022 getting and staying fit thread!
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-25-2023, 08:22 PM   #241
Banned

You guys follow a program or do your own programming?
ChiefChoop is not part of the Right 53.ChiefChoop is not part of the Right 53.ChiefChoop is not part of the Right 53.ChiefChoop is not part of the Right 53.ChiefChoop is not part of the Right 53.ChiefChoop is not part of the Right 53.ChiefChoop is not part of the Right 53.ChiefChoop is not part of the Right 53.ChiefChoop is not part of the Right 53.ChiefChoop is not part of the Right 53.ChiefChoop is not part of the Right 53.
Old 06-25-2023, 09:25 PM   #242
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefChoop View Post
Ive been doing an upper lower split for example:

Monday- Upper I hit Chest 2x, Back 2x, Shoulders 2x
Tues- Legs this will vary but Quads 2x hammies 2x calves 2x glutes

Wed off

Thurs another variation of upper
Friday another vation of lower

Saturday & Sunday off but I will do 1 of those days where I do arms, abs, and cardio.

I also try to get 10k steps in a day, drink atleast 100 oz of water
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 09:10 AM   #243
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefChoop View Post
Own, but I'm more into bodybuilding than power

Push pull legs with a day off before repeating

Each body part gets 2 exercises with as many feeler sets to warm up as necessary. Each exercise gets one all out failure and beyond set (failure, then drop or rest pause or forced reps). So on a push day I'll do that for 2 chest exercises, a side delt exercise, a front delt exefcise, and 2 triceps exercises.
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2023, 12:10 PM   #244
Supporter

I still bro split. A combination of power/strongman lifting along with bodybuilding.

2-2.5 hours in the gym M-f.
penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.penguinz is too fat/Omaha.
Old 06-26-2023, 12:39 PM   #245
Baba Ganoush

I focus one muscle every workout. Today is shoulders, I typically do 4 different workouts whatever it is I’m working out that day. If I’m exhausted from work I’ll lift heavy with less reps, if I’m feeling hella energetic I’ll go lighter to get more reps in.

I’m seeing progress, so I’m good lol. I don’t put too much thought into it. Just stay consistent.
In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2023, 05:36 PM   #246
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post
I still bro split. A combination of power/strongman lifting along with bodybuilding.

Is the 10+ hours/week more of a product of heavy lifting + rest, volume? Both?

Or to put it another way, did you ever up your workouts from say 3 days a week or 6 hours/week... and why?

Sort of a loaded question because I know the answer for myself will simply be "do what works for you"... but, curious anyway.

I look for ~5-ish sets per muscle group per day (of whatever I'm working on) and ~10-ish sets per muscle group per week. I look to do 8-12 reps and track religiously, and up weight once I hit 12. I have yet to spend weeks plateaued or anything (especially legs, where having an actual gym the past several months has helped a ton), and of course sometimes it's the opposite of just not feeling the extra reps .... but, I still go back and forth sometimes on whether it would be beneficial to up volume across more than just 3 days, especially while currently being limited to 60 minutes in the morning.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2023, 05:50 PM   #247
Mod Team

Quote:

No wonder your body hates you.

You’re too old for that much volume.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 06:16 PM   #248
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post

I'm actually doing much better now after getting the broken shit fixed last year.

When I am powerlifting I am resting sometimes up to 5 minutes between sets so it adds up quickly.

I would guess on days I focus more on body building i am there maybe an hour to hour and 15 minutes.

I am still limited a bit on things like incline press because of shoulder but stronger every week. Can strict press almost my weight without pain.

I have a couple of personal goals as well as a bit of competing with my kid I want to do through end of '24 and then will probably ramp down.

All depending on health of course.
Old 06-26-2023, 06:25 PM   #249
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Is the 10+ hours/week more of a product of heavy lifting + rest, volume? Both?

Or to put it another way, did you ever up your workouts from say 3 days a week or 6 hours/week... and why?

Sort of a loaded question because I know the answer for myself will simply be "do what works for you"... but, curious anyway.

I look for ~5-ish sets per muscle group per day (of whatever I'm working on) and ~10-ish sets per muscle group per week. I look to do 8-12 reps and track religiously, and up weight once I hit 12. I have yet to spend weeks plateaued or anything (especially legs, where having an actual gym the past several months has helped a ton), and of course sometimes it's the opposite of just not feeling the extra reps .... but, I still go back and forth sometimes on whether it would be beneficial to up volume across more than just 3 days, especially while currently being limited to 60 minutes in the morning.
Monday: Standard Dead's, Reps at 85-90% 1RM + back and sometimes Bi's if not already burnt out.
Tues: Shoulder/Traps Tri's if I can still lift arms.
Wed: Legs, Always back squats and hack squats. The rest will vary. Not a good lift day if I don't almost faceplant stepping off the curb.
Thurs: Chest, lots of chest
Fri: Bi's and Tri's unless was able to go hard ealier. Usually throw in some back and soem accessory legs.
Old 06-26-2023, 06:41 PM   #250
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Monday: Standard Dead's, Reps at 85-90% 1RM + back and sometimes Bi's if not already burnt out.
Tues: Shoulder/Traps Tri's if I can still lift arms.
Wed: Legs, Always back squats and hack squats. The rest will vary. Not a good lift day if I don't almost faceplant stepping off the curb.
Thurs: Chest, lots of chest
Fri: Bi's and Tri's unless was able to go hard ealier. Usually throw in some back and soem accessory legs.
lol, that answered nothing, but since I started doing drop sets on leg days, I'm basically the same... I was practically crawling up/down stairs the other day.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2023, 06:59 PM   #251
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
lol, that answered nothing, but since I started doing drop sets on leg days, I'm basically the same... I was practically crawling up/down stairs the other day.
Sorry, already winding down for the evening and chemically enhanced, more like degraded.

The amount of time is a lot of rest between sets especially if it is a heavy day. I might rest 5 minutes between sets on deads that take 45 seconds to rep out.

I do a lot of what you mentioned with the drop sets. If not working on a specific program at the time I max at a weight that I can get only get 6 reps in stay there until I can hit 10 in consecutive workouts then up the weight.

In other words I have no set program. I'll work in specific training programs periodically just to change things up a bit.
Old 06-26-2023, 07:33 PM   #252
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post

Yo coach how important is volume? I always hear how tension > everything else when muscle building anyway
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-26-2023, 07:49 PM   #253
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Yo coach how important is volume? I always hear how tension > everything else when muscle building anyway
Volume or TuT is for bodybuilding. For just strength building then constantly increasing weight vs volume.
Old 06-26-2023, 08:07 PM   #254
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Naturals needs a mixture of both. You can't be natural and just train for a pump, you must focus on the basics for strength as your base. Those large volume and TUT programs are for those who are enhanced.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 08:05 PM   #255
Inmem 2.0

Got my lift in after work then got my 10k steps it's been about 100 degrees and it felt great