Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6494
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	6085
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6484
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6408
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:33 AM   #2836
Ultrabanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
I’m smoking over night and will just take to work with me in morning. What smoker temp overnight, 225?
That's fine. You can run anywhere from 225 to 275 depending on your time crunch and it'll be ok.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:34 AM   #2837
Live free or die hard

Going in soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	123046  
Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.Otter is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 08:41 AM   #2838
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
Let the smoking commence!

Did you say this is for next weekend? I’m confused.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:44 AM   #2839
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Did you say this is for next weekend? I’m confused.
Yeah, this is the only chance I'll have to cook before next weekend. I'll vacuum pack and freeze the finished product.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:53 AM   #2840
Mod Team

Quote:
Yeah, this is the only chance I'll have to cook before next weekend. I'll vacuum pack and freeze the finished product.
I wondered how you’d store it. Do you keep at whole or shred and freeze?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:56 AM   #2841
Wasted away again...

Quote:
I wondered how you’d store it. Do you keep at whole or shred and freeze?
Shred and freeze. It will be plenty moist when reheating in a steaming tray.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 12:43 PM   #2842
Wasted away again...

4+ hours in, looking good!

Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021, 03:40 PM   #2843
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Shred and freeze. It will be plenty moist when reheating in a steaming tray.
Heh heh, moist.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:29 PM   #2844
Wasted away again...

And the finished product. Multiple taste tests as I was shredding confirmed that it tastes as good as it looks.

Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 08:58 AM   #2845
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
And the finished product. Multiple taste tests as I was shredding confirmed that it tastes as good as it looks.

Awesome!
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-08-2021, 09:04 AM   #2846
Indian Twitter

I have two Yoder Wichita offset smokers. One is custom and the other is just basic. I want to sell the basic one as I don't need it or have room for it. It's a quality smoker and all it needs is a little clean up and a coat of paint would make it like new. It's 5 or 6 years old. A new Loaded Wichita cost $2,400.00. I'd sell the one I have for $1,000.00 with the buyer doing the pickup. I thought I'd post it here before anywhere else.

philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 09-08-2021, 09:26 AM   #2847
MVP

Quote:
I’m smoking over night and will just take to work with me in morning. What smoker temp overnight, 225?
225 until it reaches 200 degrees. Don't wrap it in foil even though it speeds up the cook. It kills a great bark. Mustard or olive oil light coating, then heavy dry or wet rub, then onto the smoker. Easy peasy
tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.tooge is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-11-2021, 09:58 AM   #2848
Indian Twitter

I haven't done a cook in a long time but today is the day. I'm smoking a butt for tomorrows game and since I'm using all that wood I might as well fill the smoker up. So I'll throw on a couple slabs of ribs and a big salmon filet as well. I'll use my go to wild cherry and hickory for the smoke and then once wrapped after the salmon is pulled off I'll use some oak just for heat.

Tomorrow I'm going to do my version of a 'You Are Smoking' which is from the menu at Black Sheep here in Springtown. Pulled pork over smoked fries. Mmmm...

Last edited by philfree; 09-11-2021 at 01:55 PM..
philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.philfree has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 09-11-2021, 10:16 AM   #2849
Mod Team

I bet Billay is smoking cock and grilling meat today.
Old 09-11-2021, 11:06 AM   #2850
Your mom

Quote:
I bet Billay is smoking cock and grilling meat today.
Billay's smoking 10 feet of sausage today
CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.CasselGotPeedOn is too fat/Omaha.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote