Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6483
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	6076
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6477
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6404
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2021, 09:11 AM   #2821
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberSponge View Post
Throwing it in the trash is the first step.

11 more somewhere but my stick burner fumes made me forget.
Don't forget to drop a mention about your 14" dick

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:10 AM   #2822
Ultrabanned

Pork does well with fruit woods. I use a blend of pecan and cherry or apple when I smoke a butt or ribs. Rub is your choice and that one Buehler445 posted will be good. I use Meat Church honey hog. Honestly if you can get it up to 160 to 170 in the smoker you can either leave it alone and let it form bark until it’s done or wrap. Personally I don’t care about the bark so much as moisture so I wrap at that point in foil. You can also put it in a big aluminum pan and cover with foil. At that point heat is heat and you can finish in the oven at 225. Since it’s electric you’re just as well off in the smoker I’d guess. I like to let it hit 200 before I rest for an hour or so and then pull. If you use the pan method or just wrap you’ll still have juice in the bottom when you shred to mix back in. I hit it with a couple tbsps of ACV when I pull because I like it better and have bbq sauce on the side.

A crockpot on warm will keep it until lunch time fine also.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 10:17 AM   #2823
Ultrabanned

Also I don’t know if you have one but spending the 30-40 bucks on a wired meat thermometer is a great investment even if you only use it a couple times a year.
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:25 AM   #2824
Ultrabanned

And another thing here trim that fat cap if you’ve got a thick one. Pork butt has plenty of fat and you don’t need that big hunk sucking up rub and smoke.
Old 09-02-2021, 10:29 AM   #2825
Cheat Death

My best advice is to plan ahead
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-04-2021, 05:20 AM   #2826
Banned

We are doing spicy burgers today. Can't wait
meleknistra Loves all of Deberg's threads.meleknistra Loves all of Deberg's threads.meleknistra Loves all of Deberg's threads.meleknistra Loves all of Deberg's threads.meleknistra Loves all of Deberg's threads.
Old 09-04-2021, 08:28 AM   #2827
the one and only

Spicy burgers, yummy, recipe?
icepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking abouticepick64 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 09-04-2021, 08:37 AM   #2828
Draconian Warlord

My NOT baked beans.

1 pound of bacon, chopped and fried crispy
1 chopped onion, sauteed
3 cans of "Ranch Style" beans
2 oz's chopped garlic
1 teaspoon of mustard
1/2 cup of fav bbq sauce (I use LC's AND Bryant's)
2 tablespoons of liquid smoke
2 table spoons of Mrs Dash
2 table spoons of Slap Yo Mama
1 table spoon smoked paprika
Mix and heat on low

add 1 1/2 cup of Cheddar cheese

Unlike any one elses beans. Ver, ver tasty!
burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.burt has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 09-05-2021, 12:27 PM   #2829
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
Pork does well with fruit woods. I use a blend of pecan and cherry or apple when I smoke a butt or ribs. Rub is your choice and that one Buehler445 posted will be good. I use Meat Church honey hog. Honestly if you can get it up to 160 to 170 in the smoker you can either leave it alone and let it form bark until it’s done or wrap. Personally I don’t care about the bark so much as moisture so I wrap at that point in foil. You can also put it in a big aluminum pan and cover with foil. At that point heat is heat and you can finish in the oven at 225. Since it’s electric you’re just as well off in the smoker I’d guess. I like to let it hit 200 before I rest for an hour or so and then pull. If you use the pan method or just wrap you’ll still have juice in the bottom when you shred to mix back in. I hit it with a couple tbsps of ACV when I pull because I like it better and have bbq sauce on the side.

A crockpot on warm will keep it until lunch time fine also.
I’m smoking over night and will just take to work with me in morning. What smoker temp overnight, 225?
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2021, 04:46 PM   #2830
Custom User Title

Mostly Cherry with a bit of apple. Used Smoke And Fire's Sweet Peeper.

Smoking some chili's and Banana Peppers after to make some hot sauce tomorrow

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.kstater threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 09-05-2021, 05:42 PM   #2831
Threepeat!

https://honest-food.net/how-to-smoke-salmon-recipe/

T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.T-post Tom is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2021, 06:21 PM   #2832
Wasted away again...

I just rubbed and wrapped a pork butt to go on the smoker tomorrow. This is for our tailgate at the home opener next week.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2021, 06:22 PM   #2833
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
I just rubbed and wrapped a pork butt to go on the smoker tomorrow. This is for our tailgate at the home opener next week.
Nice! I did a pork butt today. Came out fantastic.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-05-2021, 06:37 PM   #2834
Starter

I'm doing pork belly burnt ends tomorrow. Any tips on time temp or any other suggestions?
LTL is not part of the Right 53.LTL is not part of the Right 53.LTL is not part of the Right 53.LTL is not part of the Right 53.LTL is not part of the Right 53.LTL is not part of the Right 53.LTL is not part of the Right 53.LTL is not part of the Right 53.LTL is not part of the Right 53.LTL is not part of the Right 53.LTL is not part of the Right 53.
Old 09-06-2021, 08:20 AM   #2835
Wasted away again...

Let the smoking commence!

Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote