Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2015, 03:48 PM  
Has a particular set of skills

What are you Smoking/Grilling/BBQ'ing this weekend?

What are you up to this weekend?

I finally gave up on my smoker and decided to get a new smoker. I went with a bigger model but less tech. Yes, its a cheater electric smoker. My 3rd one. I need more space to cook, I don't need help getting my smoke and temp right.

I've also never used injection for flavor except for pork butt or other big cuts of meat. I decided to give it a try. I developed my own injection. Basically like the other recipes you have out on the internet but I'm putting the rub in the injection and using sirracchi.

Full results not in yet but my son and I think its the best sausage we have ever had.

No sauce. Marinated the meat overnight. Injected the meat. Slow cooked the ribs and chicken. Baste it with a combo of butter and apple juice. Using a combination of Apple, Mesquite, Cherry and Hickory wood.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11539678_10205518593098849_7496287094654554585_n.jpg
Views:	6486
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	110157   Click image for larger version

Name:	11204917_10205518655060398_84193330748835473_n.jpg
Views:	6076
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	110158   Click image for larger version

Name:	11403311_10205518654740390_5737794009802538289_n.jpg
Views:	6479
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	110159   Click image for larger version

Name:	11060263_10205518594938895_5571454432064515726_n.jpg
Views:	6407
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	110160  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2021, 12:29 PM   #2776

Today is a pork loin, chicken thighs, ring sausages and blue cheese turkey burgers.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	9988896D-273E-46BE-81EE-5477325FC9AB.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	122804  
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-17-2021, 03:17 PM   #2777

Pork loin and sausages turned out excellent.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1648CE7A-563F-4663-87E1-EA30496ED649.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	168.9 KB
ID:	122805   Click image for larger version

Name:	56CC9C3E-0CD9-47BD-B34B-8D431F26B9EE.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	122806  
Old 07-17-2021, 03:32 PM   #2778
The Planet's Only Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Today is a pork loin, chicken thighs, ring sausages and blue cheese turkey burgers.
Do you have a big family or do you freeze some of this?
Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.Captain Obvious would the whole thing.
Old 07-17-2021, 03:40 PM   #2779

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
Do you have a big family or do you freeze some of this?
freezing the sausages and 1/2 the loin for future planned recipes. I usually use the smoker for a party at my place or to bring to other festivities. I’m not very good with just one meal in the smoker. I’ve been smoking meat for 40 years. Guess I just enjoy it.
Old 07-18-2021, 03:45 PM   #2780
MVP

I'm looking to enter a BBQ contest next month so I was checking out meat at Costco, and prices have shot way up. Brisket that was $3.49 is up to $5.50 and St Louis spare ribs are over $5/lb. Pork butts were $2.99. I bought 3 briskets from Restaurant Depot a couple of weeks ago and they were $4.80/lb.

If anyone knows of meat going on sale anywhere, please share it here and I'll keep an eye out as well.
Snopes Hammer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Snopes Hammer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Snopes Hammer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Snopes Hammer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Snopes Hammer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Snopes Hammer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Snopes Hammer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Snopes Hammer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Snopes Hammer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Snopes Hammer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Snopes Hammer 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 07-18-2021, 07:09 PM   #2781
Ultrabanned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 07:52 AM   #2782
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post

Reminder to self, buy wings. Looks great.
Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-19-2021, 07:54 AM   #2783
Veteran

So this weekend my google news feed blew up about smoked cream cheese. Apparently you cover a block of cream cheese in your rub of choice and olive oil and smoke at 250 for 3 hours then eat it with crackers.

Anyone done this?
Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Sorce is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:02 AM   #2784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorce View Post
So this weekend my google news feed blew up about smoked cream cheese. Apparently you cover a block of cream cheese in your rub of choice and olive oil and smoke at 250 for 3 hours then eat it with crackers.

Anyone done this?
ummm sound interesting

I smoked some sweet potatoes and potatoes this weekend. Whipped them together with bourbon and butter. Was very tasty.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:09 AM   #2785
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorce View Post

Anyone done this?
I've seen these pop up lately with mixed reviews.

Feel I'd fold in some chopped jalapenos or bacon or smoked salmon, let it reset in the fridge, then rub and smoke to give it a little more flavor than just a block with rub. Like a smoked popper dip or something.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 09:15 AM   #2786
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo View Post

That looks awesome. Recipe?
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:21 AM   #2787
In Search of a Life

Reminds me that I need a basket attachment to my rotisserie for wings.
BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.BryanBusby has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:24 AM   #2788
Stroking to the SB Champs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
I've seen these pop up lately with mixed reviews.

Feel I'd fold in some chopped jalapenos or bacon or smoked salmon, let it reset in the fridge, then rub and smoke to give it a little more flavor than just a block with rub. Like a smoked popper dip or something.
Oh, hell yeah! I'm going to give that a shot this weekend. Thanks for the idea
ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiTown is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:27 AM   #2789
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTown View Post
Oh, hell yeah! I'm going to give that a shot this weekend. Thanks for the idea
Ha! I think I might as well.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 07-23-2021, 02:48 PM   #2790
Veteran

Doing a rack of ribs for dinner. Trying a smoked lard wrap with butcher paper. Also smoking half a block of cream cheese with cinnamon and brown sugar.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk